Fishing

Bulletguy

Breaking News.

We've got OUR fish back. 8-) Yep incredible but true, Rees-Mogg announced in the HoC that we've got OUR fish back and "they're now British fish so better and happier for it."

So thats great. We've got fish that nobody here wants but EU does but our fishermen can't sell it to them so it rots on the quayside. Brilliant!

Fortunately for the fish they still have unfettered freedom of movement......but don't tell Smuggy. (lol)

https://tinyurl.com/y5qjk5eb

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course the fish are happier because the entire fishing industry is now on its arse so nobody will be catching them.

Still I wouldnt be surprised if Johnson spaffs a load of money their way. Fishing was supposed to be the Brexit Cherry on the cake and so far its looking like one of the biggest victims of Brexit. That cant be allowed to happen surely!

Barryd999 - 2021-01-15 9:46 PM

Of course the fish are happier because the entire fishing industry is now on its arse so nobody will be catching them.

Still I wouldnt be surprised if Johnson spaffs a load of money their way. Fishing was supposed to be the Brexit Cherry on the cake and so far its looking like one of the biggest victims of Brexit. That cant be allowed to happen surely!

Smugg couldn't give a flying fig about fishing and I found his remark sneery.

I thought fishing due to the ittsy bitsy liccle amount of wonga it brings is irrelevant and unimportant ... Seems it isnt now ... Chuckle ... Seems that throwing insults the way of Mr Rees Mogg is acceptable ... Seems we have double standards ... Seems we need Super Stu

Gentlemen of Chatterbox, Birdbrain has been resorting to side-tracking and provocative posts and throwing insults left right and centre to keep himself active on this (and other) threads, ignoring the widespread criticism he has faced, as if he was our own pestilent Donald Trump, careless of anyone's views other than his own and determined to bluster his way through. It makes no sense to respond to him any way.

I'm not trying to censor him, simply to discourage him from going OTT and behaving so badly towards others. I suggest everyone simply ignores his posts altogether for a couple of weeks to encourage the penny to drop that he should not be so habitually nasty. He has toned his insults down a little since I started posting these notices, so they are having a useful effect.

A few regular contributors have chosen to continue responding to Birdbrain and this has shown us that he, Birdbrain, is pretty much unrepentant and is still responding in his same old ways, including with spurious, indeed rather silly counter-accusations. I would therefore ask everyone to consider simply ignoring Birdbrain's posts, to deny him the attention he clearly wants to attract.

StuartO - 2021-01-16 7:56 AM

Gentlemen of Chatterbox, Birdbrain has been resorting to side-tracking and provocative posts and throwing insults left right and centre to keep himself active on this (and other) threads, ignoring the widespread criticism he has faced, as if he was our own pestilent Donald Trump, careless of anyone's views other than his own and determined to bluster his way through. It makes no sense to respond to him any way.

I'm not trying to censor him, simply to discourage him from going OTT and behaving so badly towards others. I suggest everyone simply ignores his posts altogether for a couple of weeks to encourage the penny to drop that he should not be so habitually nasty. He has toned his insults down a little since I started posting these notices, so they are having a useful effect.

A few regular contributors have chosen to continue responding to Birdbrain and this has shown us that he, Birdbrain, is pretty much unrepentant and is still responding in his same old ways, including with spurious, indeed rather silly counter-accusations. I would therefore ask everyone to consider simply ignoring Birdbrain's posts, to deny him the attention he clearly wants to attract.

How very embarrassing

A few regular contributors have chosen to continue responding to Birdbrain and this has shown us that he, Birdbrain, is pretty much unrepentant and is still responding in his same old ways, including with spurious, indeed rather silly counter-accusations. It is notewworthy however that everyone seems to agree that Birdbrain's habit of agressive posts and offensive insulting of people is awful and I would therefore ask everyone to consider simply ignoring Birdbrain's posts until he shows us that he will mend his ways.

StuartO - 2021-01-16 8:43 AM

A few regular contributors have chosen to continue responding to Birdbrain and this has shown us that he, Birdbrain, is pretty much unrepentant and is still responding in his same old ways, including with spurious, indeed rather silly counter-accusations. It is notewworthy however that everyone seems to agree that Birdbrain's habit of agressive posts and offensive insulting of people is awful and I would therefore ask everyone to consider simply ignoring Birdbrain's posts until he shows us that he will mend his ways.

Unpunished disgusting trolling and bullying of me on thread after thread

PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND TO BIRDBRAIN'S POSTS

StuartO - 2021-01-16 9:25 AM

This is getting tiresome now Stuart. You made your point.

The reason why Birdbrain is persisting is because the odd one like you is deciding to continue exchanges with him; if you stopped doing so that there was a universal avoudance of him, he would then capitulate. It might take a few more days and bit more in the way of shameful exposure of his ways but why not give it a try? You agree that his behaviour is awful so why not take this opportunity to influence him?

Birdbrain - 2021-01-16 6:57 AM

I thought fishing due to the ittsy bitsy liccle amount of wonga it brings is irrelevant and unimportant ... Seems it isnt now ... Chuckle ... Seems that throwing insults the way of Mr Rees Mogg is acceptable ... Seems we have double standards ... Seems we need Super Stu

But it was the symbol of Brexit! The very ethos of Brexit! The great opportunity to take back control of our fishing and give those funny foreigners a bloody nose. It was one of the biggest political selling points of Brexit. It mattered not to the Brexiteers how irrelevant it was because they weren't listening. Now its become the very essence of just how crazy Brexit was and how project fear will become project reality. How many times did I post about the shell fishing industry being on its arse in four weeks of a no deal Brexit? Plus we got a deal and it still looks dire for them!

Barryd999 - 2021-01-16 9:38 AM

Could you please tell Stuart that no matter how long he carries on with his very public, shameful bullying and trolling of me on thread after thread on here I wont go away, wont shut up, wont do anything different to what I and many others on here do or have done ... Bullies should never win and thats exactly what Stuart is doing

Scottish fishermen have resorted to sailing to Denmark to land their catch as Brexit red tape continues to delay exports, an industry body has said.

The Scottish Fishermen's Federation, which campaigned to leave the EU, also said the Brexit trade deal was the worst of both worlds for the industry.

Many fishermen "now fear for their future", it said. An SNP spokesperson said the Scottish fishing industry was "right to be angry" about the Brexit deal, which it said was costing Scotland's fishing communities millions of pounds.

The spokesman called on the prime minister to deliver "a multi-billion pound package of Brexit compensation for Scotland", adding: "Communities across Scotland will never forgive the Tories for the damage they are doing to our country with their extreme Brexit obsession."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55669168

Brexit: Republic of Ireland to lose 15% of fishing quota

The fishing fleet in the Republic of Ireland will be one of the worst affected by the handback of quota under the UK/EU trade deal.

EU countries agreed to return some of the fish they take from UK waters.

Figures produced by the authorities in Dublin show they will lose 15% of their quota, worth around €43m (£38m).

Together with the Republic of Ireland, Germany are the biggest losers in percentage terms at 15%, the Netherlands is next at 10% and France at 8%.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-55683739

Barryd999 - 2021-01-16 9:42 AM

Birdbrain - 2021-01-16 6:57 AM

But it was the symbol of Brexit! The very ethos of Brexit! The great opportunity to take back control of our fishing and give those funny foreigners a bloody nose. It was one of the biggest political selling points of Brexit. It mattered not to the Brexiteers how irrelevant it was because they weren't listening. Now its become the very essence of just how crazy Brexit was and how project fear will become project reality. How many times did I post about the shell fishing industry being on its arse in four weeks of a no deal Brexit? Plus we got a deal and it still looks dire for them!

"it was the symbol of Brexit! The very ethos of Brexit!" ... Really ... I dont recall when having discussions about Brexit to those who voted leave that fishing was numero uno reason they did so ... Kind of what proof do you have that most of the 17 million leave voters thought like you seem to say they did ???

I'm inclined to agree with Barry Stuart. Not a fan of the "no platforming" angle. Antony hoists himself by his own petard. I remember the days when Maggie attempted to silence Gerry Adams. It backfired.

Violet1956 - 2021-01-16 3:38 PM

I'm inclined to agree with Barry Stuart. Not a fan of the "no platforming" angle. Antony hoists himself by his own petard. I remember the days when Maggie attempted to silence Gerry Adams. It backfired.

I have to also agree, i'm happy to ignore insulting language, but see no reason to not respond to moderate language posts. I may not agree with much of his views but that alone is not a reason to ignore posts.

Are you suggesting that we should blow up a hotel that Anthony is staying in?

I'm in!

CurtainRaiser - 2021-01-16 3:52 PM

Are you suggesting that we should blow up a hotel that Anthony is staying in?

I'm in!

Shame on you for actually posting that ... Thats a disgusting thing to say ... No smilie, no attempt at humour with it just a terrible comment like that and supposedly I'm the bad guy ... Stuart is on some kind of moral campaign on here, if he says nothing about that then hes the biggest hypocrite on here ... Shameful stuff

I'm not trying to censor him, simply to discourage him from going OTT and behaving so badly towards others. I suggest everyone simply ignores his posts altogether for a couple of weeks to encourage the penny to drop that he should not be so habitually nasty. If you would like to see what he has been posting browse pages 6 and earlier of the Trump's Last Throw of the Dice thread. Birdbrain has eased off on his insults since them but he's replaced with outraged complaining on a completely spurious basis. As you can see from reading this notice all I'm doing is asking him to tell us he's not going to be so nasty from now on.

A few regular contributors have chosen to continue responding to Birdbrain and that's a pity because I think they are likely to be giving Birdbrain encouragement but he is pretty much unrepentant so far and is sticking to his ourage about being persecuted, which of course is nonesense. Everyone seems to agree that Birdbrain's habit of aggressive posts and offensive, gratuitous insulting of people has been awful.

I would therefore ask everyone to consider simply ignoring Birdbrain's posts until he shows us that he will mend his ways. If we all do this for a while he's bound to get the message eventually.

Archived