Fitted sheets

rossko

We have just taken the plunge at long last & bought our first motor home yesterday!!! obviously loads to think about & do but as we have bought a fixed bed can anyone advise me where sheets that are suitable can be bought please. No doubt you will be hearing a lot from me over the next months!!!

Guest starspirit

We used to use fitted sheets and whilst they are comfortable they are a pain in the bum to fit. Just tucking the odd bits under the mattress and out of sight seems to work.

Alternatively do what most of us do and just zip two sleeping bags together and leave them in situ.

Using sheets or liners inside the bag and carrying a spare set ensures fresh linen on longer hotter trips.

I agree with Starspirit about fitted sheets, but we have a stretch jersey "double fitted sheet" that is overly large for the bed but tucking it in is easy. We tried sleeping bags but they were not very successful so we now use a double duvet which work perfectly, the only problem is that when we make the bed we have to turn under the side of the duvet that meets the wall.

Guest starspirit

Depends whether you likes yer feet tucked in or not - I do so a duvet needs to be anchored at t'bottom end to stop it going awol in t'dark and the best way is either a zip or a tucked in folded small blanket or similar to weigh it down.

Trial and error rules.

Take lots of different bedding on your first trip and experiment.

Experimenting in bed is always good fun in my experience.

We have bought a camper-van & are also fairley new to this so welcome and fire away helpfull bunch on here. Ours is the fold down type for the bed and what we use are 2 x quilts 1 for the bottom to lie on & 1 to get under. Bit bulky you might think! no we use 1 of those bags that sucks the air out  then just packs away.

Guest starspirit

We too have been experimenting in bed with a quilt on top and a sleeping bag to lay on, (I'm always game for anything new in bed).

Each is in it's own duvet cover to reduce washing and we would then also carry a couple of spare duvet covers on longer trips.

Only one short trip so far but easy to make up and dismantle and as the duvet is larger than a sleeping bag the bed is more like a home bed, although I do need a short cover to tuck in the end to keep me tootsies toastie.

We have plenty of storage so folding up the bedding and stuffing it in the overcab is easy enough for us, but more of an issue in a smaller van I guess?

We have resorted to using standard mattress topper. kept in place with normal fitted bedsheet, then sleep under a normal duvet.

When I say normal, the fixed bed we have is about 6 foot 8 ins long and 4 foot wide, ample for us 6 foot plus persons.

These components are spares from house.

The bedding normally stays in place during journies, and we have none of the palaver of bed making with various size cushions.

hi rossko i suppose a lot depends on what sleeping arrangements you use, we sleep in overcab bed so have a fitted sheet in place all the time & a quilt on top. this works fine but wouldnt be much use if sleeping in dinett/seationg area (lol)

Hi, our bed is a drop down ready made up bed and we find a fitted sheet the best way of keeping the bed from riding up all over the place, but have found if you get a bit more expensive one you get deeper sides and more elastic and they stay in place much better. Carol.

Archived