For Dave Newell and any other interested parties.

Guest Frank Wilkinson

Guest Frank Wilkinson

You may remember our discussion about the slowness of my company's website. I can't even remember which thread it was in so I'm starting a new one.

You were right. I mentioned it to my partner who was aware of the problem. We had a huge revamp in December apparently and there was a glitch that was supposed to have been cured but wasn't.

After a lot of deep-down computer-techie programming stuff the rogue three lines of code or whatever causes these problems was sorted out and it should now be back to normal.

Just to prove that I do listen to you!

Try it at: www.wilkinson.co.uk

And before anyone leaps in, no, I do not try to do business via this site and have no wish to do so! I'm more or less retired and happy to let my team get on with it so I can play golf and engage in mild-mannered and gentle discussions with other members of this lovely forum.

yes it is My husband tried it as he interested in the Nixon D200 .

I know you don't do business but I,m asking advice OK ......

Frank will it capture moving objects fast shutter ?.

Lot of money / it's semi pro I know I,m not but I take a nice piccy

any help Frank. *-)

Guest Frank Wilkinson
michele - 2007-03-09 8:15 AM yes it is My husband tried it as he interested in the Nixon D200 . I know you don't do business but I,m asking advice OK ...... Frank will it capture moving objects fast shutter ?. Lot of money / it's semi pro I know I,m not but I take a nice piccy any help Frank. *-)

It most certainly will!

michele - 2007-03-09 8:15 AM yes it is My husband tried it as he interested in the Nixon D200 . I know you don't do business but I,m asking advice OK ...... Frank will it capture moving objects fast shutter ?. Lot of money / it's semi pro I know I,m not but I take a nice piccy any help Frank. *-)

Forgive me, but is that an American camera with a dubious grasp on truth?

Brian,

I ,m lost we never really replaced our good quality SLR when the world went digital. We have been used to 2000th of a second pictures ,at the moment there are times when the subjects not in the picture because they have moved and I,m not talking motorsport here. ;-)

michele - 2007-03-09 6:18 PM Brian, I ,m lost we never really replaced our good quality SLR when the world went digital. We have been used to 2000th of a second pictures ,at the moment there are times when the subjects not in the picture because they have moved and I,m not talking motorsport here. ;-)

Sorry Michele, I couldn't resist it.  Your camera should have been a Nikon: Nixon was the American president of Watergate fame.  It was just too good to pass up.

Michele, I reckon the Nikon D50 would do you just as good as the D200 and for a lot less money. The problem you describe is not down to shutter speed (the D50 goes up to 1/4000th second anyway) but shutter lag which is the slight delay all digital cameras have between you pressing the button and the shot actually being taken. Yes the D200 has a very low figure of 50ms but I doubt if the D50 is much longer. With plenty of practice you should be able to get to grips with shutter lag and unless you're shooting really high speed action you shouldn't have a need for over a grands worth of camera.

D.

Archived