You are logged in as a guest. 
  Home Forums Home  Search our Forums Search our Forums    Log in to the Forums Log in to the Forums  register Register on the Forums  

Forums ->  General Chat -> Chatterbox
Jump to page : First 1 Last
Format:  Go
Former Big Issue seller....from drug addict to millionaire
AuthorMessage
userBulletguy
Posted: 10 January 2022 10:33 PM
Subject: Former Big Issue seller....from drug addict to millionaire

Walks with the gods

A former Big Issue vendor now runs his own multi-million pound business in the fight against fast fashion.

Philip Waltham sold the magazine for three years in Clerkenwell and Hampstead in London after running away from Hull as a teen to escape his drug addiction.

The 44-year-old’s sustainable fashion firm, Bulk Vintage Wholesale, now turns over £9 million a year.

‘The thing that has saved my life is selling second-hand clothes and I wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for The Big Issue.’

After his three years as a Big Issue vendor, Philip opened a market stall in Camden, London, and now oversees two high street stores in Newcastle and York.

https://tinyurl.com/25sk86vr
userGremlin
Posted: 12 January 2022 7:21 AM
Subject: RE: Former Big Issue seller....from drug addict to millionaire

Keeps coming back for more

Bulletguy - 2022-01-10 10:33 PM

A former Big Issue vendor now runs his own multi-million pound business in the fight against fast fashion.

Philip Waltham sold the magazine for three years in Clerkenwell and Hampstead in London after running away from Hull as a teen to escape his drug addiction.

The 44-year-old’s sustainable fashion firm, Bulk Vintage Wholesale, now turns over £9 million a year.

‘The thing that has saved my life is selling second-hand clothes and I wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for The Big Issue.’

After his three years as a Big Issue vendor, Philip opened a market stall in Camden, London, and now oversees two high street stores in Newcastle and York.

https://tinyurl.com/25sk86vr

Brilliant story of real success. Success on two levels. The first for him as an individual and the second, anything that challenges the current trend in disposable cheap clothes is a worthy cause IMO.

Cheap clothes, made in sweat shops then exported halfway round the world is not exactly “sustainable”.

Jump to page : First 1 Last
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)(Return to Homepage)

Any problems? Contact the administrator