Forum Vote for Mods

michele

How would people feel about voting for our own Forum Mods .

Should we put it to the test and see if the people elected would accept .

let's have some feed back over what you all feel about that then we could go ahead and do as Dave & frank suggested and see if that would bring about a change.

would you all feel ok about this ?..

Let's see *-)

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest caraprof

Tony the vicar most definitely, a very nice and very sensible chap ( and he has a hairy chest for the ladies). Brian Kirky, Derek Uzzell and Done Madge for practical help. Dave Newell can be a bit irate occasionally but would probably moderate it if he was a moderator. He'd be good for a technical category of the forum.

There are many others but often they're away for long periods.

Chief moderator should be TC101 now posting as Victor Meldrew. Only joking folks honestly!!!

Thanks for the suggestion Frank, I try not to do irate too often but I concede it has been known. I'd rather not be put forward though as I'm already a mod on another motorhome forum and I don't really have the time to devote to the job. What about Clive, he can be moderate when he's not got his tongue in his cheek. I'd totally agree with Brian Kirby Don madge and Derek Uzzell though and Reverend Tony would certainly be moderate. What about Michele? She's generally on here pretty frequently and has a fair grasp of what's right and wrong and where various topics ought to be.

D.

Somehow I think Derek will probably have better things to do guys, sorry! Being a Mod won't be that easy, you'd have to read all of the postings during your 'time on duty' and that wouldn't be easy - especially trying to understanding what some of you lot are on about at times!!! (lol)

If we all behave (as in be nice and not stroppy, nasty, picky etc) and also post ... er ... postings ... in the correct forum or if we find a posting is obviously in the wrong forum, just create a posting in the correct forum and put a note on the original to say you have done that. If people want to they can then read the original posting and will have the choice to either continue in the old posting or ideally in the new posting in the correct forum. Yup, I think that made sense! *-)

Off to bed now, getting nibbled by ants ... must've been driven in by the rain ... :-(

Does this mean we don't have one, I thought we did or have they gone, or did we scare them off??

Would love to see Tony , Howie, Michelle and a techno person. These are kind and considerate of others with a sense of humour to boot, what is need is sense and sensibilty not heavy handedness.

Mandy

I think part of the problem currently is that the moderator is a Warners employee who has been tasked with this on top of his/her normal duties. The problem is that if the mod is busy with his/her normal duties then checking who said what to who about what and whether it is all in the right forum becomes very much a secondary task. The better forums I've used and looked into generally use several moderators for everyday tasks like moving a thread to its proper place and generally keeping the peace. There are then one or two Admin persons who have greater powers, the power to ban a miscreant for example. The general mods would usually report to the Admin persons if a members behaviour was suspect and the need for a ban felt.

this site is just too big for only one person to moderate and to expect them to do it in between other jobs is asking a bit too much I think.

D.

Hi Brian,

I,m not sure that anything is wrong with it, the problems is some people post in the incorect place such as chatter in the Motor Home section

Serious questions in the Chatterbox section .

Certain people not everyone as we are all different find this very annoying . New people do not know the protocol and it is not their fault .

Over the weekends especially we have no Mods so if something is wrong people have to like it or lump it . If this cause's problems that much we will be in a situation of old timers who have a weatlh of knowledge getting fed up and leaving I ,m sure that you agree this isn't any good to anyone.

So If the forum votes and the people elected accept the job then things can be moved to the correct place offensive threads stopped and so on.

Obviously we would have to talk to Warners about this .

As Dave points out above this is a big site to maintain.

I hope that helps

Hi, Michele

I know what you are saying but does it really happen that much that it would make someone leave the forum. Is it really that bad, are you sure its not just that some people are just getting fed up with using this type of communication like me ?

You must also take into account that there is such a thing as over moderation so before we start a repair lets make certain its really broken.

michele - 2007-07-23 7:51 PM

Hi Brian,

I,m not sure that anything is wrong with it, the problems is some people post in the incorect place such as chatter in the Motor Home section

Serious questions in the Chatterbox section .

Certain people not everyone as we are all different find this very annoying . New people do not know the protocol and it is not their fault .

Over the weekends especially we have no Mods so if something is wrong people have to like it or lump it . If this cause's problems that much we will be in a situation of old timers who have a weatlh of knowledge getting fed up and leaving I ,m sure that you agree this isn't any good to anyone.

So If the forum votes and the people elected accept the job then things can be moved to the correct place offensive threads stopped and so on.

Obviously we would have to talk to Warners about this .

As Dave points out above this is a big site to maintain.

I hope that helps

enodreven - 2007-07-23 9:29 PM

Hi, Michele

I know what you are saying but does it really happen that much that it would make someone leave the forum. Is it really that bad, are you sure its not just that some people are just getting fed up with using this type of communication like me ?

You must also take into account that there is such a thing as over moderation so before we start a repair lets make certain its really broken.

Brian,

I understand what you are saying no one is trying to repair it .

We already have Mods or lack of Mods no one is talking heavy handed tactics here . I think It must be getting that bad if the likes of Derek is complaining . It is mearly to in effect, keep everything in the correct boxes

M/H matters in M/H matters and so on . As been pointed out recently people have had to phone the Mods to get things done removed ect ect .

for such a big site this should not be the norm.

Kindest regards

michele

Guest peter
Agree with Enodreven. We're all adults so don't need watching. We've got enough of that already in this country and don't need thought police thank you. >:-)

Guest peter
michele - 2007-07-23 9:41 PM

enodreven - 2007-07-23 9:29 PM

Hi, Michele

Brian,

I understand what you are saying no one is trying to repair it .

We already have Mods or lack of Mods no one is talking heavy handed tactics here . I think It must be getting that bad if the likes of Derek is complaining . It is mearly to in effect, keep everything in the correct boxes

M/H matters in M/H matters and so on . As been pointed out recently people have had to phone the Mods to get things done removed ect ect .

for such a big site this should not be the norm.

Kindest regards

michele

Phoning the Mod's. You are joking Michele, I've got much better things to do with my time than go phoning Warners to moan agout a post beinging in the wrong box. Someone wants to get a life. :-(

Guest caraprof

Why do some of you have to go totally over the top? No one is talking about thought police or over moderation. We'd just like a little moderation that's all.

I contribute to two other forums for different subjects and member mods work well.

This site has become a dog's breakfast with people posting in all the wrong places. If someone posted an obvious 'Chatterbox' subject in 'Motorhome Matters' the mods should move it.

If someone isn't interested in the Chatterbox section and just wants to visit the more serious part of the site they now have to wade through a large number of threads that shouldn't be there.

And as Michele pointed out, at least one member who is highly respected and knowledgeable is so fed up with it that he's considering taking a sabbatical. Do we really want that?

It wouldn't be necessary if the site was being moderated by the people who ought to be doing it, but they're not, which is why some of us would like a new system. You'd think that Warners would jump at the chance. Perhaps they've not even been reading the threads and don't know that this discussion is going on!

Guest peter
caraprof - 2007-07-23 10:09 PM

Why do some of you have to go totally over the top? No one is talking about thought police or over moderation. We'd just like a little moderation that's all.

I contribute to two other forums for different subjects and member mods work well.

This site has become a dog's breakfast with people posting in all the wrong places. If someone posted an obvious 'Chatterbox' subject in 'Motorhome Matters' the mods should move it.

If someone isn't interested in the Chatterbox section and just wants to visit the more serious part of the site they now have to wade through a large number of threads that shouldn't be there.

And as Michele pointed out, at least one member who is highly respected and knowledgeable is so fed up with it that he's considering taking a sabbatical. Do we really want that?

It wouldn't be necessary if the site was being moderated by the people who ought to be doing it, but they're not, which is why some of us would like a new system. You'd think that Warners would jump at the chance. Perhaps they've not even been reading the threads and don't know that this discussion is going on!

That's rich coming from you. We just need a Moderator for your'e posts only I'm afraid.

:D tell it like it is pete why don't you :D

Well you dont mess do you straight for the jugular .

I,m only laughing because I think it should be women who do it because all you men need taking in hand . Your all bloody mad :D there would be no wars in the world if it were down to women ..and they say the female of the species is deadlier than the man

:-S

Guest peter
michele - 2007-07-23 10:56 PM

:D tell it like it is pete why don't you :D

Well you dont mess do you straight for the jugular .

I,m only laughing because I think it should be women who do it because all you men need taking in hand . Your all bloody mad :D there would be know wars in the world if it were down to women ..and they say the female of the species is deadlier than the man

:-S

Well Michele he asked for it. What a hypocrite talking about Moderation as thouh we all needed it except him. That's a laugh. (lol)

Archived