Forum domination and decline.

FunsterJohn

There was a time when this section was an interesting potpouri of debate and argument about numerous subjects. Now, because of the actions and obsession of one man, it's been reduced to an extreme left-wing soapbox, read by few and contributed to by about six people. Look at the list: Bulletguy, Bulletguy, Bulletguy and the occasional fellow traveller popping in. It's actually very sad that one man can spend so much time researching and posting when only a handful of people will read his outpouring. What's the point? Whom does he think he's converting or convincing?

It's time for Warners to shut this down or at least ban politics and hopefully, it might revert to an interesting forum again.

When Bulletguy left Motorhome Fun because he was too tight to pay the tenner that Jim needed to maintain the site, we all breathed a sigh of relief. Our loss though wasn't your gain!

The forum is free because rthe content is provided free by forum members, of which you are one.

Judging by the number of views I thought the content was OK

But if the content is no good, Thats your responsibilty as much as anyone else's.

There is no better lesson than a good example.

So post something interesting or funny.

Or just regale us with your wit and charm *-)

Suspicions will always be aroused regarding motive when a 'dedicated', follower of MHF only comes on here to make a snide posting and throw in a less than subtle advert for his own preference.

That said he does make the very valid point that many of us think but most of us have given up on that chatterbox has been allowed to be taken over by a weird minority of whatever you want to call them.

Chatterbox in it's present format, once a place of fun and laughter as well as serious chatter, has for a long time been unfit for purpose, with members not bothering in their droves.

When I had a look yesterday at one point there were 2 people logged on - and one of them was a moderator.

How can any forum survive with such a poor following?

Just looking at Bulletguy's posts

Seems to be about lying and corruption in Government

That is not left wing or right wing as far as I can see

If you realised how much you are being ripped off I guess you would be very angry about it

So maybe you are happier in your ignorance

You don't have to read what doesn't interest you

Tracker - 2022-05-08 6:45 PM

Suspicions will always be aroused regarding motive when a 'dedicated', follower of MHF only comes on here to make a snide posting and throw in a less than subtle advert for his own preference.

That said he does make the very valid point that many of us think but most of us have given up on that chatterbox has been allowed to be taken over by a weird minority of whatever you want to call them.

Chatterbox in it's present format, once a place of fun and laughter as well as serious chatter, has for a long time been unfit for purpose, with members not bothering in their droves.

When I had a look yesterday at one point there were 2 people logged on - and one of them was a moderator.

I say again

Why don't you set an example by posting something worth reading?

What happened to Dave Pelmet? I dont come on as much but I noticed he was missing and his avatar and details gone.

FunnyJohn I am sure is Grumbling. If not he's his long last brother. (lol)

Coming on here to attack one regular poster I find incredibly sad. I enjoy Paul (Bulletguys) posts so no doubt FunnyJohn will want to label me as a lefty which of course, I am not really.

Barryd999 - 2022-05-08 10:02 PM

FunnyJohn will want to label me as a lefty which of course, I am not really.

I'm not a leftie either

But Ad hominem attacks seem to be the usual answer to anyone pointing out the indefensible lying, hypocrisy and corruption in Government

Gremlin - 2022-05-09 7:22 AM

Ban all political comment/posts

I can see that would suit anyone trying to prevent our rulers from being held to account.

But how do you separate whats happening to our country from politics?

Gremlin - 2022-05-09 7:29 AM

I expected the friendliness I find on other forums.

Doesn't have to be uunfriendly

Friends can disagree

As I did with Bulletguy over a windfall tax on the energy companies

https://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/General-Chat/Chatterbox/Heat-or-Eat-/60014/#M711833

Which I feel would be a distraction from the parasites in our society

Like the £billionaires domiciled in HM tax havens supporting Johnson to get us out of the EU so they can keep avoiding tax.

John52 - 2022-05-08 5:30 PM

The forum is free because rthe content is provided free by forum members, of which you are one.

Judging by the number of views I thought the content was OK

But if the content is no good, Thats your responsibilty as much as anyone else's.

There is no better lesson than a good example.

So post something interesting or funny.

Or just regale us with your wit and charm *-)

Still waiting FJ

If you had paid to see a show that was crap you would be entitled to complain about it

But you have paid nothing for this

Its provided free by members like you

So set us an example by posting something better. :-D

Gremlin - 2022-05-09 9:28 AM

You have pretty much destroyed it.

You are welcome to what’s left.

Even Pelmetman - has left you to your own devices and joined us in the real world.

You are all rather dull and boringly repetitive.

Repetetive because you don't seem to be able to take anything in

So with apologies for the repetition I'll try again

Why don't you set us an example by posting something better?

Dave Pelmethead has disappeared because even he could see the Brexit utopia that his cult leader promised disappearing into the sunset. As has the electorate as evidenced by the local election results.

Its interesting that FunnyJohn wants to ban politics and take the forums in the same direction as Motorhome Fun? I was a member of MHF for a number of years and due to the owners right wing views it ended up with a bizarre parallel universe where a number of us more left wing types would correspond through the Private Group Message, some of which ran to several pages long. Jim found out about the offline discussion and banned who he deemed to be the ring leaders.

I just let my membership lapse but have looked in now and again, the results are hilarious, all these people who weren't allowed to discuss the "politics" that affect every part of our lives have now woken up to the joys of pet passports, 90 in 180 days etc etc.

But I can understand why the likes of Devid and the split personality that is Funny John and Grumblin, don't want to be reminded as to how they have enabled a bunch of self serving criminals to take control of the country, and don't want to have exposure to real world politics that might disrupt their little fantasies.

I hear a buzz in my right ear.

But pelmet has gone.

Chickenbrain did not comment on yet another defeat of his beloved Marine.

Could it be that little monster who recently appeared and whispers to himself ?

CurtainRaiser - 2022-05-09 10:21 AM

Dave Pelmethead has disappeared because even he could see the Brexit utopia that his cult leader promised disappearing into the sunset. As has the electorate as evidenced by the local election results.

Its interesting that FunnyJohn wants to ban politics and take the forums in the same direction as Motorhome Fun? I was a member of MHF for a number of years and due to the owners right wing views it ended up with a bizarre parallel universe where a number of us more left wing types would correspond through the Private Group Message, some of which ran to several pages long. Jim found out about the offline discussion and banned who he deemed to be the ring leaders.

I just let my membership lapse but have looked in now and again, the results are hilarious, all these people who weren't allowed to discuss the "politics" that affect every part of our lives have now woken up to the joys of pet passports, 90 in 180 days etc etc.

But I can understand why the likes of Devid and the split personality that is Funny John and Grumblin, don't want to be reminded as to how they have enabled a bunch of self serving criminals to take control of the country, and don't want to have exposure to real world politics that might disrupt their little fantasies.

Nailed it!! Its exactly that. I can honestly say hand on heart on every forum where politics are discussed from all the motorhome forums to the mighty Digital Spy it is the likes of Funny John and Grumbling, die hard Tory and Brexit supporters that have tried to silence the opposition and either have politics banned or have just resorted to abuse. I have never seen objections from anyone who is anti Brexit or anti Tory whatsoever since all this kicked off in 2016. (lol)

If they can't get it banned and silenced they simply lose their rag generally and get abusive which often results in a flounce often accompanied by some sweary speech citing how "certain" people have ruined the forum blah blah blah. *-)

John52 - 2022-05-09 12:43 PM

Gremlin - 2022-05-09 11:16 AM

Is there anybody there?

172 views to this thread so far

Does that give you a clue?

Sorry to disappoint you but I'm traveling so couldn't be bothered. It's pointless wasting my time by posting anyway, as this forum is in its death throes because of about four people who've driven away everyone else. As for the number of views, It gives me a clue that you've obviously never learned that 172 views is probably a dozen people viewing several times to see the responses to their input. The only measure of a post's popularity is the number of responses and as usual it's a handful of the usual suspects, Mainly of course because everyone else has voted with their feet.

CurtainRaiser - 2022-05-09 10:21 AM

Dave Pelmethead has disappeared because even he could see the Brexit utopia that his cult leader promised disappearing into the sunset

If that is so it seems to have taken longer than it did for any of the other Brexiteers on here

Took so long I doubted it would ever happen

FunsterJohn - 2022-05-09 11:56 AM

The only measure of a post's popularity is the number of responses

By your 'logic' if you post something everyone agreed with it would get lots of responses

Wheras if you post something highly offensive and untrue it would get no response

Gremlin - 2022-05-09 12:00 PM

FunsterJohn - 2022-05-09 11:56 AM

John52 - 2022-05-09 12:43 PM

Gremlin - 2022-05-09 11:16 AM

Is there anybody there?

172 views to this thread so far

Does that give you a clue?

Sorry to disappoint you but I'm traveling so couldn't be bothered. It's pointless wasting my time by posting anyway, as this forum is in its death throes because of about four people who've driven away everyone else. As for the number of views, It gives me a clue that you've obviously never learned that 172 views is probably a dozen people viewing several times to see the responses to their input. The only measure of a post's popularity is the number of responses and as usual it's a handful of the usual suspects, Mainly of course because everyone else has voted with their feet.

Totally agree

A fair few of us have migrated elsewhere.

I suggest a forum with Trolls like these four is about as welcome as a fungal infection of the scrotum.

Best not to engage with it - let alone scratch it……

LOL! You are the biggest troll on here Grumbling you and FunnyJohn both burst onto here (has anyone ever seen both of you in the same place at the same time?) straight to chatterbox with the intention of "Trolling". When you both lose the argument you resort to personal insults and if you are not the same person you are clearly related.

I agree though that Chatterbollox is on the way out but its like I said, its the same everywhere. Its become increasingly impossible for all but either the most die hard Tory and Brexit supporters or in the case of the likes of Pelmet the terminally stupid to carry on supporting this regime, Brexit and of course Boris Johnson without them easily being shot down in flames so all that is left is those that appose them so most political debate has shriveled and died unless you are in your own comfort blanket group of course where you all pretend you backed the right horse which of course you are on your "other forum". (lol) I am sure Dave will be very happy there.

Even Pelmetman - has left you to your own devices and joined us in the real world..........................

A little bird told me that Dave finally overstepped Warner's (very generous) decency mark, and as a consequence was, finally, banned, just as was Birdbrain before him.

Personally, as the lack of contributions seems to be affecting all the forums (judging from the very low number of people logged in at any one time), I'm more inclined to think it's a reaction to the "you are banned" bot that is putting people off.

One spends time on a reply, and then up pops the bot when you try to post, frequently, in my experience resulting in total loss of what one had just spent time (and some effort) typing. Keep doing that (and it does!) and I'm not surprised that the number of active members is diminishing.

Whatever may be done re new forum software, unless the banning bot it is dealt with, it will soon have rendered pointless because there will be no-one left. As they say, it takes a lifetime to build a reputation, but only seconds to destroy it! So first, ban the bot?

Brian Kirby - 2022-05-09 12:59 PM

Even Pelmetman - has left you to your own devices and joined us in the real world..........................

A little bird told me that Dave finally overstepped Warner's (very generous) decency mark, and as a consequence was, finally, banned, just as was Birdbrain before him.

Personally, as the lack of contributions seems to be affecting all the forums (judging from the very low number of people logged in at any one time), I'm more inclined to think it's a reaction to the "you are banned" bot that is putting people off.

One spends time on a reply, and then up pops the bot when you try to post, frequently, in my experience resulting in total loss of what one had just spent time (and some effort) typing. Keep doing that (and it does!) and I'm not surprised that the number of active members is diminishing.

Whatever may be done re new forum software, unless the banning bot it is dealt with, it will soon have rendered pointless because there will be no-one left. As they say, it takes a lifetime to build a reputation, but only seconds to destroy it! So first, ban the bot?

Yes that does sound more likely to me

Dave used to be amusing and funny. But became vociferous and a bit offensive sometmes in his support for Johnson & Brexit. Which makes it difficult to believe he finally accepted he had been conned.

Incidentally, went past Culloden recently and was thinking about Bonnie Prince Charlie. Seems as though he could have been very similar to Johnson. Came from a very priveleged background but was able to present himself as classless. Popular, charismatic, reckless, irresponsible, promising everything to everbody to get the tob job for his dad and ultimately himself. Ruined the country to get it. :-(

Tracker - 2022-05-08 6:45 PM

Seems to be a long time since you mentioned Brexit,

so I had almost forgotten you used to support Brexit as well

Which I can see is embarrasing for you

But is it necessary to shut down the whole forum to avoid reminding you?

Brian Kirby - 2022-05-09 12:59 PM

Way back on April 7th there was a thread called " Johnsons Lies " - still there - but frozen.

The last entry I saw on that thread was an unusually offensive outburst from Dave - and soon after - the thread was frozen.

I assume that he got himself banned.

Maybe the fact that any thread could suggest that Johnson would ever tell a lie was just too much for him to accept ?

;-)

Archived