France 3rd September

HarveyHeaven

We're booked on the tunnel for September 3rd...(2 weeks from Thursday) and want to go come hell or high water. I do feel no matter how bad things are in the EU they will be ten times worse here with a Govenrnent who seem to have no concept whatsoever of the "TRUTH" and are corrupt beyond words. Hoping France won't go down the quarantine route and if they do hope we can quarantine in our Motorhome or drive straight down the west coast through to Spain, Basque country. Covid rates in Spain are actually quite low except in Catalunya and Aragon...though Doris is not so good at geography as to realise that this is only 2 areas in northern Spain and not the whole country....wonder why Gibraltar is not included as people commute to Gib from across the border on a daily basis.....perhaps they leave Covid on the border....it being British!!!!

Anyone else on here going to the Continent in early September?

Two weeks is a long way away and things could have changed back again by then although I think 3-4 weeks is more realistic. We’re constrained by family commitments but would like to pop across to the Continent to chill out for a week or two. We never book our crossings until the last minute so will no doubt do likewise once we have an understanding of ‘the situation' at the time so in direct answer to your question - yes to sometime in September but if not then October/November.

Thanks BruceM, you live nearer the south coast than we do. We take a couple of nights to get there. I'm pretty impatient to be gone from here for now so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we may be in a position to deal with whatever restrictions are imposed in France. We are enroute to Spain and I don't believe there are any restrictions once we get to Spain at least on the way out though there may be some on the way back in November/December which is too far away to worry about. :-D It must be wonderful to live close enough to the channel to pop across whenever you want though I suspect that will not be so easy from January 2021 espcially if you have a dog :-(

Guest pelmetman
HarveyHeaven - 2020-08-14 4:54 PM

Anyone else on here going to the Continent in early September?

Not those with any sense :D .........

HarveyHeaven

I’ve been PMed by a forum member about this thread, suggesting that your original posting is "selfish, political, sexist, and ageist”.

As most of your postings are on the Chatterbox forum and this thread (in my view as forum moderator) belongs there, I’m freezing it now and moving it to Chatterbox tomorrow morning.

(Moved to Chatterbox as promised...)

(Gibraltar) being British!!!!

Gibraltar is only British when it suits them

Gibraltar is not British when it comes to paying British Taxes for the services they get from Britain.

Its a one-sided arrangement that suits them very well

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2020-08-15 7:28 AM

(Gibraltar) being British!!!!

Scotland is only British when it suits them

Scotland is not British when it comes to sponging off the British Taxpayer for the services they get from England.

Its a one-sided arrangement that suits them very well

Corrected your typo's for you ;-) ..........

No don't thank me :D ..........

Archived