Fresh eggs

Guest TC01

I like nothing more than a fresh boiled egg for breakfast when I’m on my travels, for this reason I’ve converted the mh garage into a hen house, (picture on left) this provides enough space for two Rhode Island Reds which produce between two and four eggs per day.

TC01 - 2007-01-15 11:58 AM

I like nothing more than a fresh boiled egg for breakfast when I’m on my travels, for this reason I’ve converted the mh garage into a hen house, (picture on left) this provides enough space for two Rhode Island Reds which produce between two and four eggs per day.

would this be classed as carrying goods!!!! i hope you now call your van a living van

Looks like T.Cs caught you all out on this one, and its only because I bred chickens for years that I spotted it.

The two cocks shown are not R.I. reds, but Norfok Browns, a rare breed of hybridous birds, and though their eggs are infertile, they are quite edible, but an aquired taste.

Take care that you don't get caught by the new Law intended for carrying of live-stock - at present it's only applicable to those making money out of hens, geese, ducks - but maybe extended to people who go show jumping or to dog shows if it can be found that they make money out of their hobby.

I'm thinking of having hens too - but in the garden of course ;-)

Archived