Friends Reunited

nightrider

How the heck do you get rid of Friends Reunited? I joined some time ago but haven't used the group for a very long time.

I went through the motions of unjoining but they still keep on sending me their bumf, I have even emailed them to stop sending me their updates etc etc, getting fed up of them now.

Glad I am not the only one who had this problem. We only joined to find out what it was about without paying anything and they just keep bombarding with trash.

I have added them to my 'Black' E-mail addresses and they get automatically bounced back so hopefully they will get fed up and stop, in the meantime I don't get them anymore.

Bas

You could create a "message rule" to delete them automatically. In Outlook Express with an email from FreU open, look at the menu bar at the top, click on Message then Create rule from this message. Choose "Where the from line contains... and in the box below there are many options - one is Delete. Another is Do not download from server.

:'( Syd, you have lots of mates on here who would miss you.

Pet mice, (please keep it simple as I am a computer idiot), do you mean NEVER download anything to server when a link comes up and asks do you want to view it, save it, etc., etc.; can't remember the words they use?

Joy

ROON - 2009-08-31 5:34 PM

:'( Syd, you have lots of mates on here who would miss you.

Pet mice, (please keep it simple as I am a computer idiot), do you mean NEVER download anything to server when a link comes up and asks do you want to view it, save it, etc., etc.; can't remember the words they use?

Joy

No Roon, sorry, that wasn't what I was suggesting! Message rules in Outlook Express let you organise your emails, e.g. you can make new folders in your Inbox for, say, Ebay, Uncle Joe, Bowls club etc. Then you can make "message rules" (i.e. email rules) so that if you get emails from Ebay or Uncle Joe or a Bowls club you are running, they are sorted into their own folders. But there are other options, for instance if an email comes from Uncle Joe, you could make a rule that will copy it to the Uncle Joe folder and another to forward it to Auntie Jill. If you get irritating emails from Friends Reunited you can make a rule that deletes these emails either from your Inbox as soon as they arrive, or even from the server (which is where they go before they come to you). But you should also have antivirus and antispam software too.

Archived