Fuel Duty

Bazza454

Bazza454 - 2009-08-27 3:44 PM

Just a gentle reminder that fuel duty will be increased by 2p per litre from Tuesday 1st of September.

This will increase the retail price per litre by a minimum of 3p, more likely 4 or 5p.

Fuel has been going up every month hasn't it, what is so different about another price increase in September (!)

So if I refill my tank with, say, 60 litres of fuel before next Tuesday I could save........................................................................................................................................£2.40? in a one off saving. Is this really worth bothering about?

I piddle more than that "up the wall" most nights.

D.

davenewell@home - 2009-08-27 7:49 PM So if I refill my tank with, say, 60 litres of fuel before next Tuesday I could save........................................................................................................................................£2.40? in a one off saving. Is this really worth bothering about? I piddle more than that "up the wall" most nights. D.

Well, if you fill up on Monday instead of Tuesday, you can piddle a bit more on Wednesday.....

My point is that a saving of a couple of quid or so on one fill of the tank is hardly worth the effort. This is like when the fuel goes up in the budget and you can't get near a petrol station for people queueing up to save a couple of quid. I don't understand people who own a £40K upwards motorhome but use an upturned beer or milk crate instead of paying out £20 for a proper step either :-S .

D.

I understand the step thing! Why waste money on something you don't need, when you have an acceptable alternative - like the beer crate. The post office keeps leaving their plastic boxes at my work and won't take them back, so I use them for storage everywhere now (home, garage, inside motorhome, etc.). Why would/should I waste money on new storage boxes just cos someone else thinks I should, when I have a perfectly usable alternative that would otherwise be unloved or unused.

Perhaps the reason I could afford the £45,000 motorhome is simply that I didn't waste my money on the step and a myriad other things just like it!

And me, I will be taking five vehicles into the petrol station between now and Tuesday to fill up - saving approximately a tenner - perhaps I could afford half a step then!

It takes all sorts and some of us don't want to spend money we don't have to on things we don't need! :-D

More importantly, it isn't much money but we have a saying where I come from! Look after the pennies and the pounds will look after themselves.

Archived