Gas in a bottle

michele

How do you find out how much Gas is left in your bottle .

Before you rush out and buy a new one ?

There must be an easy way of telling can anyone help ?

We cannot remember how much we used last time would not want the children freezing . Or just us no cooking or heat .

Any easy suggestions before we rush off and buy more .

Thanks in advance *-)

We have 2 13kg and one in the shed? don't ask .

Just that everytime we go away I seem to go for a new Gas Bottle even if it's only a week we have been away ? I say to him have we enough Gas

He reply's grunt dont worry get a new one . I am not throwing money away . So he will have to find some way of weighing it > (?) :-( *-)

Hi Michele, I use ordinary bathroom scales. The bottle fits on quite evenly and I can read the weight through the gaps at the bottom. I then stick a label with the date and weight on the bottle so that when I come back from a trip I can weigh it again and see how much I've used. I use a 15kg and find that on average when it is full it weighs 30kg. So it is very easy to see how much is left and if it will be enough for the next trip.

Phil.

Hi Michele

There was an offer in MMM 3 or 4 months back offering a Gas Level Indicator worth £8.99 free to every reader.

To quote "The Speedrange Indicator can be used on any propane, butane cylinder or a mixture of the gases. It has a magnetic/adhesive backing which attaches to the outside of the cylinder and shows the level of gas. When your cylinder is empty, simply remove the Indicator and place on the new cylinder"

It was a loose insert (so I'm not sure of the month) At the time they were also offering 2nd at £4.99.

I was too late to apply, but they should be available in Caravan accessory shops. Maybe available in the "STORE" on this site ?

Regards

Flicka

Archived