Generator

michele

Has anyone a perculiar place where they keep the generator?

we would like to make a box for ours and put it on the bike rack.

Is this a good idea they cost a lot of money and we wouldn't like it stolen.

We were thinking of makinga box and securing it to the bike rack with hasp and chain . Anyone any ideas good or bad as to why not ?

Don't want it on the roof as we have enough with the Sat dish Oyster .

Idea's please ?. (^)

Cheers Chas,

Thats strange when we pull up at night there always seems to be quite a few campers but when we wake up in the morning we always seem to be on our own WHICH IS NICE (lol) No we thought of that but if anything is strong enough to punch it through the fiberglass then I would be more worried about us and the whole shell flying past us. *-)

I keep one in the tail end side locker, where it is handy to heave out and out of way of garden furniture etc. Only ever tried it once, to see how it works. Never needed it in anger. Considered the gas locker, but would have had to leave one cyl out.

I must admit, I expected petrol fumes inside van, but there have been none.

Hi Michelle, I carry mine in the garage of the motorhome, only use when necessary and at convient times. In previous motorhome we carried it in the dinette then moved it into space behind seats when swivelled on parking up. My wife being a dab hand with the sewing machine made a padded cover to fit over it.

Guest peter
Brian Kirby - 2007-03-04 4:39 PM

Well, if you always wake up to find yourselves alone on the site, and you've been using the generator, you just may have overlooked the reason the others left!

Maybe it's because Michele doesn't get up 'till 11o'clock. (lol)

Guest peter
I keep mine behind front seats when travelling and put it outside chained up when on site. It's a Kipor 3000 so is too bulky to go in a locker. We get no petrol smell so it must be well sealed.

peter - 2007-03-04 7:50 PM
Brian Kirby - 2007-03-04 4:39 PM Well, if you always wake up to find yourselves alone on the site, and you've been using the generator, you just may have overlooked the reason the others left!
Maybe it's because Michele doesn't get up 'till 11o'clock. (lol)

Maybe......................................but there again!!

Brian,

I was only jesting it run's so quiet it was well worth the £1000

Only used it once and that was on our own.. you never knew it was on.

;-)

And as for waking up well I 'll let you all into my sleeping habits .the first couple of days 9.ish after back to 7ish when I have recouped ...

Nope it don't stink of petrol and we have bought one of those covers at the show but I still dont like the idea it is just laying there for anyone to tea leaf.

Archived