Getting fit!

Lizzy

We're going to buy new cycles :-D with comfy seats :-S Hubby was looking in Halfords last weekend. We did see some fold-down ones at the Bath and West but think they will be too basic for us. We have varying terraine locally so need good springs under the seat. Not many bikes on show seemed to have mud-guards - an optional extra apparently! Now when I was a kid those things were a requirement as was a bell - otherwise the local Bobby would stop us for questioning ;-) Not many bright colours either - mostly black or grey. Looking out of our windows today an hour cycling round Pitsford Res would do wonders for the constitution - but I'll need a massage the next day ......... :$

Right enough about modern saddles Lizzy, they seem to be designed more as instruments of torture than a comfortable way of getting around. A friend of mine working in a local mobility shop solved my problem by getting me a small saddle meant to be used on a electric scooter. This is a pleasure to use being shaped for comfort instead of splitting you in two. Wide, padded and fully sprung, you can ride the bike all day without the aches and soreness of a normal saddle. Howard.

Archived