Getting older

Guest TC01

Some people turn into pious grumps as they grow older, while others grow older retaining a young at heart attitude to life, why is that?

Or have I perhaps got it wrong and these people were pious grumps in their youth.

Note: This is a general observation and not directed at Frank Wilkinson.

Guest Frank Wilkinson
TC01 - 2006-12-11 1:54 PM Some people turn into pious grumps as they grow older, while others grow older retaining a young at heart attitude to life, why is that? Or have I perhaps got it wrong and these people were pious grumps in their youth. Note: This is a general observation and not directed at Frank Wilkinson.

It's fascinating isn't it. I've wondered the same about snide gits who, as in the example above, just seem to enjoy stirring up trouble. Were they bullied at school or are they just from the shallow end of the gene pool?

Being someone wh is stricty moral, of sound judgement of of mature age is no idication that they are grumpy, n ow or ever before age caught up with them. Many persons I know who meet those ideals are actually very young at heart, always busy, usualy helping others, and make allowances for those best informed ! *-)

Mel B - 2006-12-12 3:11 PM

Hey Frank, just because someone was bullied at school doesn't make them into a snide git!

TC is just a stirrer, if we take away the 'porridge' (us all) he has nothing to stir! :-S

I gave Franky more or less the same advice in a previous thread Mel albeit I didn’t mention the Scottish breakfast cereal, but he’s too stupid to take it. No matter how many times I throw him back he keeps jumping on the hook like a piranha at feeding time.

Shhh! My floats bobbling.

Guest Frank Wilkinson
TC01 - 2006-12-13 9:39 AM
Mel B - 2006-12-12 3:11 PM Hey Frank, just because someone was bullied at school doesn't make them into a snide git! TC is just a stirrer, if we take away the 'porridge' (us all) he has nothing to stir! :-S
I gave Franky more or less the same advice in a previous thread Mel albeit I didn’t mention the Scottish breakfast cereal, but he’s too stupid to take it. No matter how many times I throw him back he keeps jumping on the hook like a piranha at feeding time. Shhh! My floats bobbling.

I really don't mind taking your bait TC101. One I love a good debate and two, every time you post like this you prove my point that you are nothing more that a snide and nasty person who enjoys sowing discord.

I'm not sure why you would want to do this on a site about motorhomes, that's one for the psychologists, but if you ever post one of your insiduous little unfunny bon mots and mention my name then I assume that you'd like me to respond and being a nicer chap than you obvioulsy are, I'm always happy to help you pass your otherwise empty day.

Frank Wilkinson - 2006-12-13 10:42 AM
TC01 - 2006-12-13 9:39 AM
Mel B - 2006-12-12 3:11 PM Hey Frank, just because someone was bullied at school doesn't make them into a snide git! TC is just a stirrer, if we take away the 'porridge' (us all) he has nothing to stir! :-S
I gave Franky more or less the same advice in a previous thread Mel albeit I didn’t mention the Scottish breakfast cereal, but he’s too stupid to take it. No matter how many times I throw him back he keeps jumping on the hook like a piranha at feeding time. Shhh! My floats bobbling.

I really can't help taking your bait TC01. One I love adopting a superior attitude and two, every time I post like this I prove your point that I am nothing more that a snide and nasty person who enjoys sowing discord.

I'm not sure why I do this on a site about motorhomes, that's one for the psychologists, but if I ever post one of my boring bon mots abusing you I assume that you'll respond and being a nicer chap than I obvioulsy am, I'm always happy to help you pass your otherwise empty day.

OK.

Any shrink will tell you that this sort of behavior is identical to the type that goes on in the playground between two kids who fancy each other madly but are scared to ask the other one out, it is akin to hair pulling and sticking your tongue out at each other,

Really guys, if you love each other then just go for it, we are all (?) liberal in our views to sexuality on here. (lol). I for one, would like to be the first to offer my best wishes if you two should become an item.

euroanchor - 2006-12-13 12:54 PM

Any shrink will tell you that this sort of behavior is identical to the type that goes on in the playground between two kids who fancy each other madly but are scared to ask the other one out, it is akin to hair pulling and sticking your tongue out at each other,

Really guys, if you love each other then just go for it, we are all (?) liberal in our views to sexuality on here. (lol). I for one, would like to be the first to offer my best wishes if you two should become an item.

That is incredibly unfair! Your playground comparison is fairly accurate except that in this case TC101 is the playground bully. He slaps or 'accidentally' pushes someone and then sits back and waits for the response. Did you read the opening post of this thread? I don't think that Frank can win here. If he just ignored it I can guarantee you that within a couple of days TC would have posted a comment along the lines of 'Has Franky lost his bottle?" I've only seen one serious post from TC101, about the reliability of his motorhome, and Frank posted a perfectly civil comment about this. I get the feeking that Frank may be argumentative and love a good battle, but he never starts one! His posts seem to be about helping or being helped and he appears to have a sense of humour as well. TC on the other hand seems to relish starting a row. His 'Cooking on the Move' thread was clever in that it could just have been serious or a windup. Let's face it, we read every day about someone who does something more stupid than trying to cook in a moving motorhome! OK TC, we all know now how very clever you are. Why not try proving that you can be nice as well and stop baiting people and trying to deliberately wind them up. This is not what forums like this are for. Yes, post some humour and have a laugh but so far you are far from being funny.

Dear oh dear, santa is going to have an awfull lot of unopened sense of humour gifts returned this xmas..........................

For the record, my last post was meant to be humourous,however in future I wil include a disclaimer for all the people who believe them to be serious. *-)

I, for one, got your humour as intended Euroanchor (just like your webname ;-) ).

If you don't like TC's postings then don't respond to them. Every time TC starts a thread like this he's baiting someone, if no-one responded his "joke" would fall flat just like a stand up comic in an empty hall!

D.

shallowthroat - 2006-12-13 2:52 PM

OK TC, we all know now how very clever you are. Why not try proving that you can be nice as well and stop baiting people and trying to deliberately wind them up. This is not what forums like this are for. Yes, post some humour and have a laugh but so far you are far from being funny.

And Jesus said to the crowd "let whoever is without sin, cast the first stone" Whereupon a huge rock came sailing over his head and hit TC01 on the head. Jesus turned to the crowd and said " you know something mother, you can be a right pain in the ars3 sometimes" :D :D

Dave Newell - 2006-12-13 3:58 PM

If you don't like TC's postings then don't respond to them. Every time TC starts a thread like this he's baiting someone, if no-one responded his "joke" would fall flat just like a stand up comic in an empty hall!

D.

I've been saying this for ages Dave, but some people just wont listen to common sense, still, makes for good reading when the office is quiet. (lol)

ToP cat ??????????????????????? or in Police terminology That C***?

police terminology also LOB, Load of old B*****ks

LOS... Lost or stolen In this case HE's lost .

Its also LOB ..............

Merry crimbo dont worry be happy just ignore .

He makes me laugh ............... Also my old dad always say's

If you think your alright, I know where there is a house full.

Work that out .....he he .

TC ..one day you will have something serious to say and no one will answer still you reap what you sew.........

:-|

QUOTE SHALLOWTHROAT

That is incredibly unfair! Your playground comparison is fairly accurate except that in this case TC101 is the playground bully. He slaps or 'accidentally' pushes someone and then sits back and waits for the response. Did you read the opening post of this thread? I don't think that Frank can win here. If he just ignored it I can guarantee you that within a couple of days TC would have posted a comment along the lines of 'Has Franky lost his bottle?"

END QUOTE

That’s not the case, Franky boy felt foolish for replying to a spoof post and took it upon himself to play to the gallery and be as rude and aggressive towards me (in as far as he thought the moderators would allow) in the misguided belief that I’d take it and lay down.

Now things haven’t panned out as he expected, he’s adopting the voice of reason approach, in order to solicit support from the gullible.

QUOTE SHALLOWTHROAT

I've only seen one serious post from TC101, about the reliability of his motorhome,

END QUOTE

That’s true, I leave others to regurgitate topics on gas attacks, battery charging, silver screens and all the other stuff that’s been repeated a million times before.

QUOTE SHALLOWTHROAT

and Frank posted a perfectly civil comment about this. I get the feeking that Frank may be argumentative and love a good battle, but he never starts one!

END QUOTE

I suggest you re-read Franks and others earlier reply’s to me.

QUOTE SHALLOWTHROAT

His posts seem to be about helping or being helped

END QUOTE

His posts are sanctimonious holier-than-thou clap trap.

QUOTE SHALLOWTHROAT

and he appears to have a sense of humour as well.

END QUOTE

You missed the word bypass after humour.

QUOTE SHALLOWTHROAT

TC on the other hand seems to relish starting a row. His 'Cooking on the Move' thread was clever in that it could just have been serious or a windup. Let's face it, we read every day about someone who does something more stupid than trying to cook in a moving motorhome!

END QUOTE

Do we? I don’t get the beano so perhaps I’ve missed them

QUOTE SHALLOWTHROAT

OK TC, we all know now how very clever you are. Why not try proving that you can be nice as well and stop baiting people and trying to deliberately wind them up.

END QUOTE

What the grumpy see as a windup the cheery see as banter.

QUOTE SHALLOWTHROAT

This is not what forums like this are for. Yes, post some humour and have a laugh but so far you are far from being funny.

END QUOTE

Everyone’s a critic.

Frank Wilkinson - 2006-12-14 4:07 PM

No comment.

You have the right to remain silent but your silence may be interpreted as an admission of guilt in a court of law

Mel B - 2006-12-14 5:30 PM

At least Frank appears to know when to button it! (lol) Silence is sometimes golden. ;-)

No he don’t, he can’t even be quiet without telling people he’s being quiet.

Is this a joke? Can someone really be so stupid as to drive around with pots bubbling on a gas ring? Just imagine the fun you'd have in a severe crash when the boiling Lancashire Hotpot splattered all over the back of your neck, although to be fair you probably wouldn't notice it, as the pan, which had just struck you at 60 mph would have knocked your head off.

Please tell me that you're winding us up.

The above is Frank's reply to your first 'Cooking on the move' post. Not only did I find it funnier than yours but is this the reply of someone who thinks that it's serious? Frank's main argument is that you are a troublemaker who enjoys stirring things up. I agree. He also thinks that you are basically a nasty person. I think that your tirade above proves it. It's also interesting how you hold in contempt all the posters about other subjects. They may have been aired before but not everyone knows that.

Why are you intent on causing trouble and posting ambiguous threads designed to show whether or not the average member thinks them serious or not? Remember, everyone isn't as clever as TC101 and some of us lesser mortals may be taken in.

Archived