Ghislane Maxwell

John52

This is the best account I have read;

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/jan/02/ghislaine-maxwell-the-demon-queen-is-behind-bars-does-she-have-a-secret-that-could-unlock-her-shackles

'Maxwell – once the bosom pal of the second son of the Queen of England (and UK TradeEnvoy), two US presidents, and our prime minister, Boris Johnson, on the word of his sister, Rachel' 'it makes one deeply uneasy that while Maxwell is facing a long, slow, grey death inside, the alpha males in our dark fairytale are walking free''Virginia was 17 when she was trafficked from Florida to London. If only there was some kind of police body in London that could investigate…'

Is there any wonder Biden doesn't respect us enough to give us the same trade deal as the EU?

Prince Andrew is also unable to name any witnesses to support his alibi that he was in Pizza Express in Woking on the night he was accused of having sex with Virginia Roberts, now Giuffre, in 2001.

Strange considering he was meant to be there with his daughter Beatrice and her school friends, he was also fourth in line to the throne at that time and would have had full special branch protection. But somehow there is no statement from his daughter, the friends parents or the police?

colin - 2022-01-02 12:22 PM

It was always a puzzle to me that the Maxwell brothers escaped prison after the collapse of 'captain bobs' empire, that was until I learnt about Ghislaine and Andrew.

It's also been a puzzle to me why Ghislaine crept back into the US and bought a secluded property when she could easily have found a country to live which had no extradition treaty with the US. It was almost as though she wanted the US to arrest her. :-S

Bulletguy - 2022-01-02 2:34 PM

It was always a puzzle to me that the Maxwell brothers escaped prison after the collapse of 'captain bobs' empire, that was until I learnt about Ghislaine and Andrew.

It's also been a puzzle to me why Ghislaine crept back into the US and bought a secluded property when she could easily have found a country to live which had no extradition treaty with the US. It was almost as though she wanted the US to arrest her. :-S

I suppose she would have been on her own if she went somewhere else

Wheras In the US she had a boyfriend looking out for her

I remember thinking that for him to take a risk like that she must be a great shag

Reminds me of the old proverb

God gave man a brain and a prick .. but insufficient energy to use both at the same time :-S

I think it was a case of the jury being confused by all the financial jargon. This was one of the last complicated financial trial where a jury was used.

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/maxwell-brothers-cleared-of-fraud-by-london-jury-1.23684

At first I thought Epstein had everything and threw it all away just to satisfy his lust for underage girls.

But now I suspect there was more to it than that.

If Epstein hadn't been able to provide the underage girls to extremely wealthy and powerful friends - the sort who couldn't be bribed with money because they already have mountains of it, he wouldn't have had the opportunities to make all that money for himself :-S

John52 - 2022-01-02 5:49 PM

Bulletguy - 2022-01-02 2:34 PM

I suppose she would have been on her own if she went somewhere else.

When she first dropped off the radar she had bunkered down in an apartment in Paris and Epstein had a place just five minutes walk away. She wouldn't have been alone for long wherever she chose to live.

Bulletguy - 2022-01-02 7:38 PM

She wouldn't have been alone for long wherever she chose to live.

Given that she believes Epstein was murdered in jail, and she may also know enough to put the rich and powerful there, I'm sure thats one of the things that worries her.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/jan/04/loophole-dead-sex-trafficker-stay-classy-andrew-virginia-giuffre-epstein

Where could she have gone that doesn't have an extradition treaty with USA, and where she would have been safe?

A lot of people still think Diana was murdered.

(I don't, but it shows what many people think of the Royal Family when so many people do)

Who gould she go to for help if her rich and powerful fair weather 'friends' wanted to silence her?

I guess her best hope was staying in an unlikely place as she did.

It was private, secluded and luxurious, she could have a gun, I doubt if she had a better option.

John52 - 2022-01-04 2:53 PM

Bulletguy - 2022-01-02 7:38 PM

She wouldn't have been alone for long wherever she chose to live.

Given that she believes Epstein was murdered in jail, and she may also know enough to put the rich and powerful there, I'm sure thats one of the things that worries her.

Well now a spanner has been thrown in the works since discovering Giuffre had a legal settlement from Epstein for a cool half million dollars plus effectively restricting her from pursuing future litigation against him or any of his friends. The judge is examining the document to determine whether the clause in the 2009 agreement blocks Giuffre’s lawsuit against Andrew.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/jan/04/tuesday-briefing-giuffre-epstein-settlement-released

Archived