Gifts

howie

Mike Parke - 2007-11-14 11:33 PM

I always take the 'easyway' and give Cherry M&S vouchers. That way she can get EXACTLY what she wants/needs!!! You can spend from £5:00 upwards.

Regards Mike

If only it was that simple Mike, but typical female logic dictates that its not the actual present that counts, but the time and thought thats put in to it. What I buy the wife will in her eyes determine exactly how much I still love her so no room for error. All I want is a nice aggro free Christmas, and exchanging vouchers is not the answer for me i,m afraid.

I always take the 'easyway' and give Cherry M&S vouchers. That way she can get EXACTLY what she wants/needs!!! You can spend from £5:00 upwards.

Regards Mike

Mike......from £5!!!! Steady on mate!

It's only his wife, no need to go berserk and overspend.

B-)

Howie ,

Young man you have not given us any clues what she likes ?

Does she collect anything ? porcelane dolls etc etc . How about a nice fifty pounds worth of purfume . I bet she has a favorite hubby always buys me Allure god I dont know why he thinks that I like it perhaps he does.

Mind you perfume never goes un noticed especially when exspensive.

Nice gold writing pen to have in her handbag a Cd that remind her of you both when you were both courting a favorite piccy blown up in size and framed . Jewllery nice ear rings nice broach new mobile phone ?

New camera in the back of the jewlers locked in the case apart from jewllery you can often find something nice like envelope openers things that go on your key rings .

howie - 2007-11-14 11:59 PM

Regards Mike

If only it was that simple Mike, but typical female logic dictates that its not the actual present that counts, but the time and thought thats put in to it. What I buy the wife will in her eyes determine exactly how much I still love her so no room for error. All I want is a nice aggro free Christmas, and exchanging vouchers is not the answer for me i,m afraid.

That's easy Howie. Give her the gift vouchers, and a print-out of this thread to prove the amount of angst you went through in making the decision. I suggest you delete this post first though, together with any incriminating remarks you've made about her good self!

Tony

howie, your plan has fallen at the first fence mate! If your wife reads this, ANY gift you come up with will be tainted in her eyes as she will think you have let someone else do your thinking! This will prove fatal and will for ever more be recorded in the atrocities book all wives keep!

If I was you I'd now make sure I DIDN'T get her anything mentioned on here!

Good luck my friend and for the record Mrs. Howie, I think he is a pig for spoiling your Christmas by being thoughtless!

:-D

I think it sweet that he has bothered to ask us all so he is obviously at a loss to get his good lady wife something because she probably has it all :D If he shows her the date she will know that well in advance he was hunting worrying his poor little head thats sweet .Guys ask a woman instead of guessing what melts her heart :D

whisk her off somewhere nice just the two of you and have a romantic christmas then give her purfume . ;-)

Guest Tracker

I don't need to get Dot anything else, after all she has exclusive use of me for all her needs so why would she need anything else?

I just hope that she appreciates the situation!

Similarly I need no presents, just Dot's presence, and I need nothing more to make my life complete.

And I do appreciate the situation!

Howie,

It's impossible to give any helpful suggestions without knowing your better halfs likes/dislikes, try to give us all a couple of clues.

If it's any help, i've bought the wife a couple of presents already for this Christmas (can't believe i've started so early).

First, an all singing/dancing Sony mobile phone. Usually she makes do with the daughters "cast off" phones so it's about time she had a new one.

Second, two tickets to see her favourite singer, Celine Dion, at the O2 next May.

bazza I would love to see her where is 02 ?

I hope she sings my wedding song Because you loved me I'm everything I am because you love me. :D

Actually Howie you just need to give her one thing the track Because you loved me by celine oh if my hubby gave me that i would cry that would be brilliant ...listen to the words...

You gave me wings so I could fly

you touched my hand and I touched the sky

You said no star was out of reach .

lifted me up when I couldnt breath

You gave me faith cause you believed I 'm everything I am because you love me . :$ :$

I agree with Rich, we don't buy each other presents at birthday and Christmas - as we get what we want to for each other all through the year, and have done so for the last 30 years.

That is the official version - the unofficial one is that we are visiting our son and his wife in Dubai for Christmas this year so will really HAVE to do some shopping whilst there *-) *-) :D :D

michele - 2007-11-15 12:40 PM bazza I would love to see her where is 02 ? I hope she sings my wedding song Because you loved me I'm everything I am because you love me. :D Actually Howie you just need to give her one thing the track Because you loved me by celine oh if my hubby gave me that i would cry that would be brilliant ...listen to the words... You gave me wings so I could fly you touched my hand and I touched the sky You said no star was out of reach . lifted me up when I couldnt breath You gave me faith cause you believed I 'm everything I am because you love me . :$ :$

Hi M,

Used to be the Millenium Dome, it's now the O2 Arena.

If you subscibe to O2 you can get priority tickets, text dion to 2402, good luck. 

Thanks Bazza .. :D

Bonjour mes petits Chéris vous sont comment tout aujourd'hui. J'espère que vous êtes tout puits et j'espère que vous tout aident mon Howie de camarade avec choisir un cadeau de Noël pour sa femme. Faites attention tout et Joyeux Noël à vous tout. Aimer Michele.

Well apart from one or two replies, I can only conclude that you lot are as bereft of ideas re. Christmas presents has I am.

Perfume and jewellery will always go down well, but gardening tools or kitchen utensils do not in my opinion constitute a "personal" gift.

No Ann Summer shops around here to my knowledge, and buying the wife something to wear is too personal a choice anyway. The problem is that she expects any present to be both a suprise and something she,s always wanted, which is just about impossible to achieve. She likes reading, so a good book goes on the list as well.

Surely each of you has at least one present in mind that you have either already bought or are planning to buy for someone this year. If so, then let us know. If we all pool our ideas and resources into this, then whatever catches our eye can be added to our own lists, which will make everything a lot easier.

Buying is not the problem, its knowing what to buy, and with another day gone its time to come up with some exciting, innovative, original and cheap ideas to ensure this will really be a Christmas we can all enjoy.

Thank you.

Archived