Going away

nightrider

One or two, or maybe more members will be pleased to know that old KOTR will be missing for a week, as from this coming friday we are going down to Dorset. I am in need of a serious bit of R&R I am sick of running up and down to the hospital having gallons of blood drained off, bone scans, MR scans seeing this and that doctor and having digits probing my inner soul, simply had enough.

I told the wife not to ask me to traipse up hill and down dale because for a week I am going to become a couch potato reading the papers, a book or two and drift off to sleep while listening to my Frankie Laine, Johnnie Ray, Sinatra, Como, Martin and Al Martino CD's, might even watch a couple of Fred Dibnah DVD's.

RupertGS - 2009-08-31 3:01 PM

How will we survive without his shafts of wit! Did I say that correctly? Doesn't sound right!

Rupert,

That was a naughty little innuendo, seeing as I have done a lot of work today and happy with the progress made I wont follow it up (lol)

As a multi tasker apart from working on my workshop extension today, I found time to do what I call my pre-trip van inspection.

I washed the van but did not use a pair of steps I used a telescopic brush attached to a hose (learnt a hard lesson the last time I washed it)

Checked all my lights, indicators and number plate lights and checked the tyres for stones and nails.

Checked everything inside the van, lights, cooker, fridge and heating everything is in order and ready for the off.

Very particular about my lights a definite pull by the police if you have a bulb out.

Archived