Good films

michele

michele - 2007-07-20 10:17 PM Anyone care to suggest any good DVD /Films that they may of watched . Man On Fire Dezil washington thought it was good.

Michele

Please watch " A Time to Kill", based on a novel by John Grisham.There is a speech in the film made by the defence councilor where he asks the members of the jury to close their eyes and imagine a certain scene.

If you do not get weepy at this one scene then you are made of stronger stuff than I. It's a great film!!

Thai

michele - 2007-07-20 10:17 PM Anyone care to suggest any good DVD /Films that they may of watched . Man On Fire Dezil washington thought it was good.

M,

Best films that i've watched recently are -

Al Pacino, Heat

Daniel Day-Lewis, Gangs of New York

Clint Eastwood, Million Dollar Baby

Daniel Day-Lewis, Last of the Mohicans.

michele - 2007-07-20 10:57 PM Will have to see if I can find that ..I also cried at Shawshank redemtion brilliant I also Liked 7 brad Pitt and Morgan Freman who has got to be one of my favorites

Much repeated film is "The Green Mile", very much worth watching

Thai

Some cracking films to watch are: Apocalypto, by Mel Gibson. Not in English but in original South American native language. I found that the English subtitles weren't needed. The Last King of Scotland, about Idi Amin is worth a look at. Head in the Clouds, try that one. If you like action, The Inside Man is good too. There are so many out there now. My latest acquisition is Hannibal Rising. Haven't watched it yet because I am reading the book. I hope it lives up to the other Hannibal Lektor films.

Weird or what I was just looking at the thread wave on electric bike...

I was thinking about people in general and I thought of the Green mile .

i know you wont understand where my brain was going but its logical why I ended up at the green mile.

I turn to this thread and you have put it ooooooooh! eirey...

Heat Hubby puts the surround sound on have not seen the other's though.

I watched something on Tv ages ago TwoMen Went To War brilliant where they blew up the cookhouse.

And I love Knights Tale with its modern twist

Snatch is fantastic

michele - 2007-07-20 11:13 PM Weird or what I was just looking at the thread wave on electric bike... I was thinking about people in general and I thought of the Green mile . i know you wont understand where my brain was going but its logical why I ended up at the green mile. I turn to this thread and you have put it ooooooooh! eirey... Heat Hubby puts the surround sound on have not seen the other's though. I watched something on Tv ages ago TwoMen Went To War brilliant where they blew up the cookhouse. And I love Knights Tale with its modern twist Snatch is fantastic

When you get to the last chapter in the film Heat, where they are having a scrap on the runway at LA airport, put the surround sound on full volume and your neighbours will think that a 747 is landing in their back garden, brilliant.

funny you should say that but the old neigbours were dodery old Buggars& hubby decided to have a Bank shoot out haha........next day she asked me ! .lol well sick of her son and his bloody music pounding my head at 2 in the morning

geo74 - 2007-07-21 12:53 PM

recently wached

paradise lost ,pulse & Transformers (never mind the kids the adults liked it more

(lol)

my all time favorite is gladiator

Gladiator is one of mine as well.

Carlitos way Al Pacino brilliant and one of his best imo. enjoy.

Michele

Can recommend:

"Brothers Grimm", supposed to be for kids but it got me scared!!!!! Don't look at who the main actors are, try to guess, I knew that they were familiar but couldn't name them ... looked at the credits afterwards and was still amazed that I hadn't recognised them. Very good film.

"Fantastic 4 - Rise of the Silver Surfer", watched that yesterday, very good film for kids and adults (and I do like to watch the good looking chap from 'Nip Tuck' who plays the baddy!).

"Kiss, Kiss, Bang, Bang" - one that is different but good and stars Robert Downey Jr and Val Kilmer. Robert Downey Jr narrates the whole film which sounds a bit warped but is actually quite funny and we really enjoyed it. A who-dunnit thriller.

"Happy Feet" - If you ain't seen it do so, it's absolutely hilarious and cute and although meant for kids way too good just for them, I just love the Daddy with his Elvis voice!!!

"The Departed" action thriller with Jack Nicholson, Leonardo Di Caprio and Matt Damon, very good film and old Jack was on top form as usual.

"The Illusionist", no well known actors in it but that doesn't matter, it is a very good story, not just a love story, it has a very good plot and the illusions are very good and keep you guessing how it's done.

"Sharks Tale", absolutely fantastic, hilarious, kids again but so many jokes for adults it's a great one to watch when you want a good laugh.

"Hitch" starring Will Smith, very, very good film (aren't they always?).

"Hide and Seek" starring Robert De Niro. Scarey thriller that will keep you guessing who the baddy is right up to the end ... highly recommended.

Not that good:

Saw the "Bridge to Terabithia" the other day, meant for kids and to me not that good, ending was disappointing.

Anyway that should keep you busy for a while!

:-)

michele - 2007-07-20 10:17 PM

Anyone care to suggest any good DVD /Films that they may of watched .

Man On Fire Dezil washington thought it was good.

Hello Michele (and all you others)

Have just obtained DVD of Robin Williams titled R.V. Runaway Vacation. (8 wheels, 1 Family, No brakes). Apparently a comedy film set in the Rockies.

Am saving it for my Highland adventure. Anyone seen it?

Mike

RV

Yes we watched it, it's ok, some funny bits, and we enjoyed it - but we are easily pleased

I really enjoyed the Lord of the Rings - I have read and re-read the books that many times, they are falling apart - and the fxs they managed were fantastic - just wondering if they will make a film of The Hobbit?

Carol

Daughters gone with her Boyfriend tonight they are celerbrating he made it through the Cadets and has got into Essex police ...idiot .Oh the young :D they are at Drury lane tonight to see it . It has excellent reviews Carol. mum lives in Tottenham Court Road..Lucky or what hows that for central London ;-)

Hello All,

Thanks for replies from michele and carolh re RV. I had a feeling that it was a second rate film but I am a sucker for anything with a MH connection. Have also kept Mirren's Queen to take as well as one of my favourites, not seen in many a year, Cockleshell Heroes. Should go down well up in Sutherland and Caithness. Like a kid waiting for Christmas. Once the kids are back to school and the tuggers are off the road I am away for a minimum of 4 weeks and possibly 6.

Michele, did you get my reply to your PM?

Mike

Films I've watched that I like, in no particular order:

Beautiful Joe, one of Billy Connollly's best performances.

Analyze this and analyze that, two hilarious films with Robert De Niro, Billy Crystal and Lisa Kudrow.

Evolution, just plain funny.

The Matrix trilogy, mind bending but brilliant.

The Commitments, terrible bad language, but then its set in Dublin and swearing is a national pastime in Eire, but the music is superb.

Thin red line.

The Last Samurai.

Bullitt.

Ocean's eleven, and twelve (not seen thirteen yet).

Three Kings.

The Blues Brothers and Blues Brothers 2000.

Gone in 60 seconds

War of the worlds

Its a wonderful life.

D.

Sax yes I did thanks.

Dave the commitments is fantastic brilliant music bought the sound track

many years ago .

I did like the full monty Knights Tale i watch over & over sad really .

I am trying to find the music at the moment from Scent Of A Woman i was very kindly given the link the other night but it doesn't appear to be that ?

I am after the music when Al Pacino dances with the young Lady in the Hotel Resturant. hard to find when you do't know the name of it .

A must see is "The World's Fastest Indian" starring Tony Hopkins. Only in cinemas briefly, as it had no sex, special effects, horror shots and special music, but a the truel story of a New Zealander with a wonderful ambition, which he fullfills. Tony Hopkins reckoned it was THE most enjoyable film he had ever acted in.

Another one in my little collection is "The Football Factory" made about 3 yrs ago, in my street and starring my house Terrible film. >:-) 8-)

The Bourne Identity and Bourne Supremacy - Matt Damon

16 Blocks and Hostage - Bruce Willis

The Bone Collector - Denzil Washington

Jarhead (you'll either love it or hate it)

Highly recommend The Green Mile, I've read the book and watched the film twice. I also liked the Knights Tale.

I quite fancy Brothers Grimm, Man on Fire, Severance which I'm looking at on ebay. I know it's not a film but I'm currently also working my way through series 1 to 5 of 24.

And I'm coming to the end of the Dark Tower series of 7 books by Stephen King. I had to ration myself over the weekend, only had 100 pages left and the weather was so awful I could have finished it in an afternoon. (sorry Michelle, not a film but I just had to mention it).

Dave - have you seek Tarrantino's "From Dusk to Dawn", brilliant!

Oh and I quite liked "Kill Bill I" but thought that "Kill Bill II" wasn't as good.

Of course, "Some Like it Hot", brilliant performances by Tony Curtis, Jack Lemmon and Marilyn Munroe.

"Mindhunters" starring Val Kilmer, very good psychological thriller.

"The Island" with Ewan McGregor, not a big fan of his but this was a very good and thought provoking film.

"Shrek I, II & III" - loved them all.

"Pretty Woman" - could watch it all the time! Soppy at heart really. :$

Archived