Good luck Pagey

ROON

Just wanted to wish you all the best for next Monday and really really hoping all goes well for you at the hospital. Please let us know how you go on

Joy

(For those who havn't seen Pagey's posting, it is under Malc's giving up smoking thread)

thanks roon went to the doctor today bp was 190 over 90 doctor not impressed so now got tablets, the appt for monday is more of a concern i just hope the doctor has it wrong but we will see

hi good news and bad news, bad news is a have a suspected malignant melanoma good news is the consultant thinks its a non invasive type and i go into hospital next monday to have it seen to, still more time off work and still no fags

pagey - 2009-05-12 1:46 PM

hi good news and bad news, bad news is a have a suspected malignant melanoma good news is the consultant thinks its a non invasive type and i go into hospital next monday to have it seen to, still more time off work and still no fags

As you say, good and bad, but overall sounds like it can be 'sorted' which is the main thing.

Best of luck next week

Hi Ken, Martyn is right - I will be right on your case if you don't work at getting better.

This should be a call up for you to remind you how precious life is and that you are hopefully on the ball and catching any trouble early on. Never forget the fear you felt when the doc told you that it could have been bad news ........ and grab life with both hands.

Really sounds positive doesn't it in the main, so PLEASE keep us informed. We are all routing for you and sending you a big hug. (And cover up in this sun - don't let the wind fool you.)

Joy

all went well today its now been removed and im awaiting the results to see if its non invasive or not, due in about 3 weeks, due to its position and the size of the cut (behind the ear) it could not be stitched so it will weep for about a week but it could be worse, cant complain about the nhs 3 weeks from going to the doctor to removal and it was done with no pain as soon as i get the results i will post them, thanks for the kind words and interest

• 3 weeks later...
hi got a call from the consultant today with the results and the growth was cancer but he thinks that its all cut out and provide it does not come back all is ok, going to see him on the 15/06, the wound is still open as it could not be stiched and its not healing well so i might need plastic surgery. i have applied to take retirement from work as theres more to life than work, still not smoking which is good, thanks for your kind words and i will keep you updated regards pagey

Guest Tracker

All the very best Pagey.

Never having had a brush with the big 'C' I cannot begin to understand how you must be feeling and what you are going through but make sure to get that retirement asap and enjoy it.

Having seen a lot of it both in my late wife's family and when I worked as 'The man from the Pru' I can say that a very positive mental attitude, which you do seem to already have, does seem to help the healing process.

Then at least when you reach a ripe old age you can look back, smile, and say - 'beat you, you bugger!'

Good luck.

Hi Pagey

I do so hope that everything turns out okay for you - these open wounds can be a real nuisance - having had an absess removed at the base of my spine I know they can take quite a while to sort themselves out. Try not to worry about it.

• 2 weeks later...
hi update been to hospital today and the results are good all signs of the cancer have been removed, the hole is going to take about 3 months to heal as its cut down to the cartlidge and could not be stiched but its a small price to pay so now its time for a beer or 2 and hope i get my early retirement next tuesday thanks for your kind thoughts

Archived