Good morning

avongas

Good morning everybody. Bright but cold in the North West. Yep, have to confess have only just woken up (blame it on the tablets) but also had a LOVELY day out yesterday. Went to Formby point (National Trust end) and walked through deserted pine woods, and along a deserted beach. The wind was ssssssssooooooooo strong that I got sand in my eyes, wrinkles on my skin and a brilliant feeling of freedom in my heart..... Totally exhausted at the end of it .... AND I bought myself an ice cream.... am on special cancer diet so first ice cream for four years as I thought Sod It.... oh it was soooooooo good.... Happy day all.

(Jan will try and look at the site later x) B-)

FED UP!!!! WHY WHY WHY when I reduce the size of the photos, as needed, and I give them a new name ... when I go into browse and the photo programme comes up, and I type in the new name to bring the reduced size photos up, EXACTLY AS I SAVED IT.... why does it say FILE DOES NOT EXIST..... REALLY REALLY REALLY CHEESED OFF.

Hi Twooks, sorry only just seen your post .... no didn't see any red squirrels sadly, as there was a sign up saying they had died from a disease that was going round and asking anyone who saw a sick one to let them know. It was lovely because the sun was out and filtered through the trees .... AS MY PHOTOS WOULD HAVE SHOWN HAD THEY COME UP ........AAAAAGH .... but it was just good for me to get away from home...

Joy

2 things

1 - try searching thro files rather than typing in

2 - make sure you're looking for the right type of file ie extension

for photos this is usually jpg or jpeg - your photo program may be giving it a different type which software are you using??

B-)

Hi Twooks, Ofoto Station (Nikon 5), it came with the camera I bought a few years ago. It has been ok because I havn't really done much with it up to joining this site, just downloaded the pictures from the camera and printed them off when needed. The other problem I have is that although I edit the necessary photos that are on their side to upright, when I downsize them and they look ok, as soon as I send them to this site they are back on their side again..

I did the search but put 'All files' just in case as you say the photo has been saved in a different format but I still get that same message. I then tried closing down the programme in case it only actually went through once closed down and re-started, if you see what I mean, and it still happened.

I am hoping to get a better camera soon and don't know what the situation is regarding downloading. will I still be able to use the same programme do you know? Or is each camera different? Joy

ime the software that comes with photos is usually rubbish - you could try for an early version of photoshop elements - used to come free with printers.

or try uploading to something like photobucket or flickr

google for them also picasaweb - which I think downsizes the photos as part of their upload.

advantages are: easily viewed by family n friends - easy to link to forum / e-mail whatever, so even if you can't get your photos on here you can post a link instead [although I'd put any links through tiny first to make it a manageable length]

via http://tinyurl.com/

sounds awfully confusing I know - sorry - I will try and dig out some simple instructions and pass 'em on

speak to you later

B-)

Hi

It sounds like the software, as Twooks has said, it rubbish! Sometimes they handle them in a funny way, Picasa is a 'free' photo handling software that also has a funny way of saving them.

What extension is it putting on the end of your photo names? Eg, for it to be a standard Jpeg file, if you gave your resized photo the name "myphoto", it should then be shown as:

myphoto.jpg

If it has anything other than .jpg after the file name that could be why it can't be found when you try to upload it as it might not be reconised by the O&A forum.

If you get stuck ... email me it and I'll have a play!

Archived