Google Maps.

Guest starspirit

Guest starspirit

I've just discovered that if I type in the address of a camp site or Aire in UK or France the interactive Google map will show me where it is on a scale good enough to navigate to.

I was also able to locate our home in Spain so I assume it is world wide down to street level.

Not as good as a sat nav maybe but FREE, as long as you can get online, and plenty good enough for locating places.

I tried using the Googel Map (off the toolbar) for my home area, and eventually got to it OK, showed the property and roads etc, but it's at elast 4 yeasr out of date, as I can see quite clearly the driveway is teh size it was before we purchased........vry clear though,a nd I think you can then apply the road map to it as well.

Guest starspirit
Brian Kirby - 2007-02-20 12:08 PM

Do you mean postal, or internet address? 

Postal Brian - I just went onto Google and typed in Google map and up it popped.

So I experimented with several known addresses throughout Europe and they were all pinpointed accurately enough for me to be able to drive to without any problems, except for one in Spain which failed as some of the newer roads are about 4 years out of date.

Mind you even an up to date Atlas of Spain is never up to date in my experience as the country is changing so fast.

But it is free and is just one more sling to our bows.

Guest starspirit

IWe too find yellow pages absolutely invaluable.

So much so that we always carry the entire set of 102 UK books, and as one gets wet each night we can throw it away and use the next one the following day for levelling the van.

Archived