Has the BBC run out of Remoaners?........

Guest pelmetman

Guest pelmetman
Violet1956 - 2019-03-08 8:19 AM

Location,Location, Location ;-)

So what your saying is.......If they're not in London Scotland or NI they can expect to struggle? :D ........

Violet1956 - 2019-03-08 8:39 AM

I had a look and the vote in the West Midlands and it was 59.3% in favour of leaving, the highest vote share in any part of the country.

But I thought we'd been told time and again on here and by Adonis and Campbell on any MSM that will listen that the tide had turned the public are now in favour of staying ... If true that means the audience response last night is somehow out of line with what the whingers are telling us does it not ???

BBC is pro Brexit and has been for ages. Probably wheeled in a load of those Yellow Vest nutcases.

There was an awful lot of clapping at Margaret Becketts statement drowned out by a mob of vocal Brexiteers.

There is still deadlock in the house it seems and it has to be sorted somehow so whats wrong with a confirmatory referendum for Mays deal or remain if they cant make up their minds? If Brexiteers are so confident they will win then whats the problem?

Guest pelmetman

I had a look and the vote in the West Midlands and it was 59.3% in favour of leaving, the highest vote share in any part of the country.

It would've been easier just to look at those parts of the country where the "majority" didn't vote to Leave ;-) ........

ie London, NI and Scotland :D .......

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2019-03-08 9:17 AM

BBC is pro Brexit and has been for ages.

You need to get out of those Remoaner biased chat rooms Barry :D .........

It tells us something about the composition of the audience drawn from the surrounding area.

Taken from the BBC website

“Question Time selects local audiences which reflect a broad range of political views. People apply to be in the audience for Question Time via the website and by phone and producers get in touch to ask questions on their previous voting record and future voting intentions, whether they have party political membership and also how they voted in the EU Referendum. This is to ensure a range of views are represented in the audience. Occasionally, if production staff feel any group or view is under-represented in the applications, they will promote the programme through relevant local media channels to encourage people to apply.

As with the make-up of the panels, Question Time is aiming to achieve due impartiality in the membership of the audience across the series as a whole, rather than being confined to an exact mathematical formula for each programme. However, particular guidelines will apply during election periods to both panels and audiences.”

Remainers were in short supply in the Dudley/West Midlands area. In Dudley itself the vote was 67.6% in favour of leave and the turnout was 76.5%. The fact that the BBC decided to go there suggests that the producers are committed to presenting a broad range of opinion and don’t have the “remainer bias” they are so often accused of, at least as far as Question Time is concerned.

Guest pelmetman
Violet1956 - 2019-03-08 9:35 AM

Remainers were in short supply in the Dudley/West Midlands area. In Dudley itself the vote was 67.6% in favour of leave and the turnout was 76.5%. The fact that the BBC decided to go there suggests that the producers are committed to presenting a broad range of opinion and don’t have the “remainer bias” they are so often accused of, at least as far as Question Time is concerned.

True their bias is less obvious ;-) ...........

Because they have C4 to do their dirty work for them >:-) .........

pelmetman - 2019-03-08 9:22 AM

It would've been easier just to look at those parts of the country where the "majority" didn't vote to Leave ;-) ........

It may have been easier but it wouldn’t tell us much about whether or not it is likely that the vote would be in favour of remain if another referendum was held. Just as the audience participation on a Question Time held in London wouldn’t.

Guest pelmetman
Violet1956 - 2019-03-08 9:47 AM

pelmetman - 2019-03-08 9:22 AM

It may have been easier but it wouldn’t tell us much about whether or not it is likely that the vote would be in favour of remain if another referendum was held. Just as the audience participation on a Question Time held in London wouldn’t.

It kinda gives a clue when the BBC has to canvass for Remoaners to attend QT programs :D ........

Seeing as you Remoaners have been trying to convince us Brexiteers that the voting public has changed their minds ;-) .........

If that were the case I'd of thought they'd of been queuing up like born again Remoaners.......eager to confess their sins (lol) ........

pelmetman - 2019-03-08 9:56 AM

It kinda gives a clue when the BBC has to canvass for Remoaners to attend QT programs :D ........

Seeing as you Remoaners have been trying to convince us Brexiteers that the voting public has changed their minds ;-) .........

And if you weren't so worried that the public have changed their minds you wouldn't be running so scared of a second vote - now that we know what the actual leave package looks like.

pelmetman - 2019-03-08 9:39 AM

Violet1956 - 2019-03-08 9:35 AM

True their bias is less obvious ;-) ...........

Because they have C4 to do their dirty work for them >:-) .........

There’s bias in all forms of media, as is apparent from the websites you and Antony sometimes get your views and “facts” from. I have taken to looking carefully before I follow such links or twitter feeds as I don’t want my IP address to be flagged up by MI5.

Fast Pat - 2019-03-08 10:36 AM

And if you weren't so worried that the public have changed their minds you wouldn't be running so scared of a second vote - now that we know what the actual leave package looks like.

Exactly. The cry's of "Nooooooo!" last night said it all. Definitely a fearful reaction. Its nothing to do with respecting democracy, Brexiteers are just scared that the will of the people might not be to leave the EU now we know so much more and if no deal is ruled out and its a toss up between Mays deal or remain I think remain would walk it. Whether it happens of course is anyone's guess. There still are not the numbers. Yet.

At the end of the day if no deal is taken off the table by Parliament does anyone really want Mays deal? Its dire. If by some miracle there is a vote between Mays deal and remain who would actually vote for Mays deal on here and why? Just to say you have won?

If that happens I can see how it would feel like a betrayal to Brexiteers but look at the choices we are left with. No deal or Mays deal. Both are terrible and not what anyone who voted leave imagined I suspect.

Guest pelmetman
Fast Pat - 2019-03-08 10:36 AM

Actually I'm not worried about a LOSERS VOTE ;-) ..........

Nor your Doom Monger predictions (lol) .......

Perhaps you should have a little more confidence in the British economy?.......

You know the one that shoveled £1000's for FREE into your business years ago >:-) .........

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2019-03-08 11:02 AM

Exactly. The cry's of "Nooooooo!" last night said it all. Definitely a fearful reaction.

Cobblers *-) .......

The vast majority of the UK both Brexiteers and Remoaners just want it over :D .......

pelmetman - 2019-03-08 12:15 PM

Exactly. The cry's of "Nooooooo!" last night said it all. Definitely a fearful reaction.

Cobblers *-) .......

The vast majority of the UK both Brexiteers and Remoaners just want it over :D .......

Did you listen to Margaret Beckett last night? I hope millions did. This is just the beginning. What we are debating now is the Withdrawal agreement. There will be another two to four years yet of negotiation if we go ahead. Thats what they are saying now. What about ten years? Still it will keep Chatterbox busy I guess. If people want it over and for us to get back to normal the easiest way is to call a second referendum and vote remain.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2019-03-08 1:28 PM

Cobblers *-) .......

Did you listen to Margaret Beckett last night? I hope millions did. This is just the beginning. What we are debating now is the Withdrawal agreement. There will be another two to four years yet of negotiation if we go ahead. Thats what they are saying now. What about ten years? Still it will keep Chatterbox busy I guess. If people want it over and for us to get back to normal the easiest way is to call a second referendum and vote remain.

Listen to another whinging whining Remoaner? 8-) ..........

I do enough of that on here *-) ...........

pelmetman - 2019-03-08 2:45 PM

Cobblers *-) .......

Dave, you are on here all day long so you must enjoy listening to Remoaners. Well if Mays deal goes ahead you will have years of it to look forward to. Just wait until we start the campaign to rejoin. (lol)

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2019-03-08 4:37 PM

Cobblers *-) .......

Dave, you are on here all day long so you must enjoy listening to Remoaners. Well if Mays deal goes ahead you will have years of it to look forward to. Just wait until we start the campaign to rejoin. (lol)

Nah ;-) ...........Taking the p*ss out of Remoaners is a Brexiteers favourite sport :D .......

pelmetman - 2019-03-08 6:41 PM

Barryd999 - 2019-03-08 4:37 PM

Cobblers *-) .......

Nah ;-) ...........Taking the p*ss out of Remoaners is a Brexiteers favourite sport :D .......

Hmm. I think its the other way around. B-)

Archived