Hiya fans good buddies n .. .. ..

twooks

Hi, well – back from Jollies, had a terrific time – and, since everything is relative, had great weather. Actually we had 3 really cRã?? days – but we spent one travelling and one exploring the Motor Museum at Loheac

http://www.manoir-automobile.fr/welcome/index.php

so that just left one day – well about 6 hours – curled up in the van – reading n drinking n stuff >:-)

So, - well we’ve been back for a couple of weeks now – survived the floods no worries, struggled with the vast extensive list of e-mails – still not cleared – and skimmed the posts in the various forums for something interesting and exciting – read all the jokes n stuff; done all the boring shopping – and daydreamed about crepes and vins and chocolat.

My ‘pooter lost all its cookies n stuff, [tekky things y’know] and so I’ve had to log in to all my ‘sites’ again. Not a problem ‘cept for here ‘cos you don’t set your password they do!– so I’ve had to dig back into dusty archives to find my [obscure] password. [C’mon – who can remember theirs????]

But, I’ve been lurking – and I’ve really missed butting in with my *-) tuppen’orth on many of the threads and looking at profiles n stuff

BUT, part of me has to say – nothing really changes, I’m really disappointed to see that the ‘same old same old’ is still going on – same names involved in name calling and whinging and protesting innocence etc etc as threads degenerate into slanging matches. [Not just on here I hasten to add – but I do despair .]

Sorry to bring gender into this lads but do the initials LDS mean anything to anyone – give you a hint L = little and S = syndrome so D – ‘_ _ _ _.

On a positive note – hi to the human beings out there – and Howie of course – a big sloppy kiss; trust Mel n JanScots– aka Janet East Riding [did your rats drown??] have their canoes at the ready, Don – have a great time in Scotland – ‘chele – enjoy France [wish I was going with you – hope you’ve got your tolls worked out] and Dave – :D we no longer get MMM but I’m tempted to rush out for one – are you providing autographed copies?? n Brian - there's a site that you can sign on to that alerts you to the possibility of aurora borealis activity -

http://www.dcs.lancs.ac.uk/iono/aurorawatch/ .

Loving the Tour, can’t believe they’re still taking drugs – *-) can’t believe anyone can do it WITHOUT taking drugs! – go chicken go !!

and

Go Lancs go!!

B-)

yeah

but

have you missed me

no oh well

life's a beach ya know

Guest caraprof

So Twooks, if you are unhappy that the odd row still goes on, why do you resort to the same thing by hurling insults about 'little dick syndrome', which is what I assume that you mean?

Surely the best approach is to keep quiet. No one want to have a row deliberately but some of us react to insults and always will I'm afraid! If you want an example, read the 'Waving' thread where non-wavers were really insulted just because they don't like waving. We're miserable, have no lives etc. etc.

Guest caraprof
twooks - 2007-07-25 10:22 PM same old same old guilty conscience Frank :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D B-)

Absolutely not, I'm simply pointing out that you are no different from some others on this forum, me included I've no doubt!

Hi Twooksie! Welcome back to the farm!!!

There's certainly been loads of 'fun and games', just wade your way through the 'farmyard cr*p' and find the good bits, there are some really good bits and pieces on here.

getting there Mel getting there

there are some good jokes - particularly like the Peter Katy strip from 'chele.

Glad to hear you're OK - the ferry was an hour late docking in Hull and then we spent 1/2 hour listening to the traffic n weather forecasts - sounded horrific - although to be honest we saw absolutely no evidence of any probs at all

B-)

davenewell@home - 2007-07-26 8:42 PM

Hi Twooksy, good to have you back. If you bring your copy of MMM in when you're having something expensive fitted in my workshop I'll maybe scribble something on the cover for ya (lol) .

D.

Hey Dave, ... what about me? Will you do a nice scribble for me when I visit you then ... can I choose where you write? (lol) ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

So - here I am back again, haven't had a chance to log in for nearly 2 weeks now - getting serious withdrawal symptoms - so I'm about to settle down and catch up on the goings ons and offs in that time.

But first - the Jollies - did our usual trip to Zeebrugge, down to Rouen or thereabouts - stopping for a coffee at one of my favourite aires - baie du somme to count the ducklings.

Stayed at Neufchatel-en-Bray - nice site - recommend for a stopover or even longer - it's convenient for the autoroute and seems to have a lot of longdistance walks / bike routes / if staying longer and handy for Le Clerc.

Then we mooched fairly aimlessly over to Mont St Michel area - when the weather went distinctly wet so we headed south and stumbled upon an excellent Municipal site at La Roche Bernard - which also has an aire area at 9 euros. Right on the Villaine river - short walk to marina - harbour - pizzaria and creperie and bar. Short walk [uphill] to town and excellent coffee bar. Downside - the place is full of boating brits - cheap moorings.

It rained - so we left - spent a wet day at Loheac motor museum then headed south again - but only got as far as Le Croisic - rained stopped so we spent a couple of nights on the 'aire' [car park] right on the edge of town and overlooking the harbour - and ate out in style in the town.

Since the weather was obviously no better further south we tried going west and pootled along Morbihan finishing up at a site in Le Pouldhu, using our ACSI card - although they do have a cheap deal for camping caristes.

Found an excellent creperie in the village run by some one who must've been in the French Merchant Navy cos he had some really way out exotic fillings with his crepes.

Had intended heading further west but -- it started raining again so we started on the return leg - and ended up in Gent with a couple of days to spare and had a good time wandering around - dodging thunderstorms [3 in 1 day] and enjoying the Leffe.

So - as usual - we ate and drank our way round some great spots - found a couple of excellent new [to us] sites at Neufchatel and La Roche, and staggered back to Zeebrugge more or less in one piece - to catch all manner of horror stories of floods - but didn't actually see any evidence at all on our drive home.

and I'm still trying to catch up on my e-mails :-( *-)

B-)

Archived