Hmmm Pfizer and the EU kept quiet about that........

Guest pelmetman

Guest pelmetman

8-) ...........

"Finally, there are the rare allergic reactions to the vaccine, which can includes hives, itching and swelling and even anaphylaxis.

Anaphylactic shock is a severe and potentially life-threatening reaction to an allergy from food, medicine or even a type of material.

The immune system releases chemicals that flood the body, blood pressure suddenly drops, and airways narrow, which prevents someone from breathing normally.

Kennedy said that about one in 100,000 people who get the vaccine will experience such a reaction."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-9428645/Doctors-explain-reactions-receiving-Pfizer-Moderna-Johnson-Johnson-shots.html

Yet they make a huge fuss over blod clots that affect just 1 in 600,000 AZ jabs *-) .........

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9429125/UK-regulator-total-30-cases-blood-clot-events-AstraZeneca-vaccine-use.html

I wonder why they haven't suspended the Pfizer jab seeing as the risks are 6 x greater? :-| .........

Oh yeah.......It's not a British jab (lol) (lol) (lol) .........

Susceptible folk will have a similar reaction to the flu jab.

And it's the same with AstraZeneca so your point scoring is worthless.

https://www.sps.nhs.uk/articles/advising-individuals-with-allergies-on-their-suitability-for-astrazeneca-covid-19-vaccine/

Which is why EpiPens and defibrillators are available at all vaccine sites and we received training on how to use them.

thebishbus - 2021-04-02 11:45 AM

And no one has mentioned that with the Pfizer/ Moderna vaccines there has been 20 similar blood clot problems and one death in America.

BrianB.

The issue is that there has been a disproportionate number of cases involving AstraZeneca in Scandinavian countries, the suggestion is that it may be a specific batch, but on the basis of the precautionary principle some countries have paused its use while further investigations are completed.

The EMA are clear, the risk from covid is greater than the risk from the vaccine, but each country is allowed to use its discretion.

Me, well I welcomed my second jab of AstraZeneca on Tuesday especially as there was no man flu which was my reaction the first time, but people have the right to make their own informed decision.

Guest pelmetman
CurtainRaiser - 2021-04-02 1:16 PM

thebishbus - 2021-04-02 11:45 AM

And no one has mentioned that with the Pfizer/ Moderna vaccines there has been 20 similar blood clot problems and one death in America.

BrianB.

The issue is that there has been a disproportionate number of cases involving AstraZeneca in Scandinavian countries, the suggestion is that it may be a specific batch, but on the basis of the precautionary principle some countries have paused its use while further investigations are completed.

The EMA are clear, the risk from covid is greater than the risk from the vaccine, but each country is allowed to use its discretion.

Me, well I welcomed my second jab of AstraZeneca on Tuesday especially as there was no man flu which was my reaction the first time, but people have the right to make their own informed decision.

Unfortunately their overeaction will mean far more will die from COVID *-) ..........

I heard a woman sadly died when she tripped over a door mat on her way to get her jab :-| ........

Perhaps we should ban doormats (?) .........

Guest pelmetman
CurtainRaiser - 2021-04-03 9:21 AM

I'm watching with interest to see the impact of the latest news in the UK on the very serious blood clots and seven deaths coinciding with the AstraZeneca vaccination.

Perhaps you should start a campaign to ban doormats too? *-) ...........

pelmetman - 2021-04-02 10:48 AM

8-) ...........

"Finally, there are the rare allergic reactions to the vaccine, which can includes hives, itching and swelling and even anaphylaxis.

Anaphylactic shock is a severe and potentially life-threatening reaction to an allergy from food, medicine or even a type of material.

The immune system releases chemicals that flood the body, blood pressure suddenly drops, and airways narrow, which prevents someone from breathing normally.

Kennedy said that about one in 100,000 people who get the vaccine will experience such a reaction."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-9428645/Doctors-explain-reactions-receiving-Pfizer-Moderna-Johnson-Johnson-shots.html

Yet they make a huge fuss over blod clots that affect just 1 in 600,000 AZ jabs *-) .........

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9429125/UK-regulator-total-30-cases-blood-clot-events-AstraZeneca-vaccine-use.html

I wonder why they haven't suspended the Pfizer jab seeing as the risks are 6 x greater? :-| .........

Oh yeah.......It's not a British jab (lol) (lol) (lol) .........

This aged well.

Now if I was a EU flagshagger I would bang on about how EU scientists are better than UK ones, but it wasn't EU scientists that first made a link between the AstraZeneca vaccine and rare blood clots linked to low platelet count. It was scientists in Norway, backed up later by Sweden and Denmark. Having made the connection, they exercised the precautionary principle and paused its use for further studies to be made.

And I'm sure that its purely a coincidence that the announcement of the outcome of the UK study, confirming the link and weighing the risk benefit analysis on age profile, is made on the same day that the Moderna vaccine becomes available.

The problem is, no one has found a definite link, they just suspect there may be one. Why are the other vaccines not being scrutinized more. It is difficult to find any consistent information on them. , it is all about the Oxford one. With persistence I found reports on the Pfizer & Moderna vaccines raging from, no thrombosis / blood clots to, -- at least 2 in the UK.,-- 20 and one death in America.,-- and 38 compared to the Oxford 30 at that time. Could it be that no one is, or should be making a profit out of the Oxford one ?.

Brian B.

thebishbus - 2021-04-08 11:26 AM

Why are the other vaccines not being scrutinized more. It is difficult to find any consistent information on them. ,

Brian B.

I would guess that they are all being scrutinised quite thoroughly.

It may be that they haven't found anything significant to report.

:-|

You need to make sure that you are comparing clots with clots.

The blood clots associated with the AstraZeneca vaccine are incredibly rare, linked to a autoimmune condition that lowers the platelet count. To compare it to the blood clots caused by the contraceptive pill is a nonsense, so to count both clots related to vaccination is meaningless.

All countries have a spontaneous reporting system for all drugs on the market where any adverse reactions should be recorded. The vaccine hub I'm working at has had one case of anaphylactic shock (thankfully not on my shift!), that it happened is recorded centrally, that way the knowledge of the side effects is updated and policies modified if needed. All of the vaccines are being scrutinised in exactly the same way.

The problem AstraZeneca has, is that initially the information they released on their trials was incomplete - remember the dose and a half fiasco. then they repeated the mistake in the USA. Such actions don't breed confidence. That said I'm happy with both of mine!

Apparently there have been lots of deaths after vaccinations with the Pfizer & Moderna vaccinations, I have not

seen mentioned anywhere, although they say they do not think there is a link ? I tapped into Google "Have there been any reported deaths after Pfizer & Moderna vaccinations ". Very interesting what came up.

Brian B

Guest pelmetman
thebishbus - 2021-04-08 4:10 PM

Apparently there have been lots of deaths after vaccinations with the Pfizer & Moderna vaccinations, I have not

seen mentioned anywhere, although they say they do not think there is a link ? I tapped into Google "Have there been any reported deaths after Pfizer & Moderna vaccinations ". Very interesting what came up.

Brian B

I dont doubt there are a lot of deaths that go unreported with a vaccine producer that stands to make billions from their jab :-| ........

Which prolly explains why they are happy to pay to pull strings of the EU Muppets they prolly met in some Brussels orgy >:-) .......

They prolly have a committee for those back door dealings :D ............

The Door Sign Says .......

DO EU BUM

(lol) (lol) (lol) ........

Brian B

And did you fact check those reports? I Googled the exact phrase, this was the first result

https://www.dw.com/en/fact-check-no-links-found-between-vaccination-and-deaths/a-56458746

And here is the CDC response https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7008e3.htm

Every vaccine regardless of where it is designed is monitored for adverse effects, the plain fact is that AstraZeneca does produce a extreme adverse reaction in a small minority of people, its not a slur on a British company, just the normal track a drug product takes in the real world.

pelmetman - 2021-04-08 6:31 PM

Brian B

I dont doubt there are a lot of deaths that go unreported with a vaccine producer that stands to make billions from their jab :-| ........

Which prolly explains why they are happy to pay to pull strings of the EU Muppets they prolly met in some Brussels orgy >:-) .......

DO EU BUM

And in the USA and Australia where they have also taken similar precautions?

Guest pelmetman
CurtainRaiser - 2021-04-08 7:57 PM

pelmetman - 2021-04-08 6:31 PM

Brian B

DO EU BUM

And in the USA and Australia where they have also taken similar precautions?

Precautions based on suggestions :-| ........

I wonder how many will die in order to save 1 or 2? :-S .........

Curtain Raiser.

The problem is there are so many conflicting reports . When I tapped into Google Chrome the first thing that came up was Fact Check, followed by 10 other world wide reports of deaths after the Pfizer & Moderna vaccinations .I did say they thought there was not a link> But from another source . AAPS (Association Of American Surgeons )

At least37 people have developed a rare platelet disorder after receiving the Pfizer & Moderna vaccines. A 56 year old Florida Obstetrician, Gregory Michael died 3 days after receiving the Pfizer product. They say it may be the tip of the iceberg. V.A.E.R.S

reported there were 309 cases of Thobocytopenia ( low platelets ) as of March 26, and advice people to look out for, bruising, rashes, nosebleeds, and bleeding from the gums. A bit confusing I think.

Brian B.

The most sensible place to look for accurate reports, rather than the anecdotal"my uncle's mother leg fell off", is the national and international organisations that monitor the side effects of ALL new medicines.

In Norway their medicines agency initially picked up on the AstraZeneca link, shared it first with its Scandinavian neighbours who then looked at their numbers more closely. That result is then fed into the European Medicines Agency who collate results from across the EU.

In the USA it's the CDC, but again results are first collected at a State level.

The problem when you don't use the horses mouth is that the Chinese whispers version, the platelet issue is strictly AstraZeneca, here's a news link to the American Surgeon's piece

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/blood-clotting-needs-watched-covid-204300982.html

Guest pelmetman
CurtainRaiser - 2021-04-09 12:20 PM

The most sensible place to look for accurate reports, rather than the anecdotal"my uncle's mother leg fell off", is the national and international organisations that monitor the side effects of ALL new medicines.

In Norway their medicines agency initially picked up on the AstraZeneca link, shared it first with its Scandinavian neighbours who then looked at their numbers more closely. That result is then fed into the European Medicines Agency who collate results from across the EU.

In the USA it's the CDC, but again results are first collected at a State level.

The problem when you don't use the horses mouth is that the Chinese whispers version, the platelet issue is strictly AstraZeneca, here's a news link to the American Surgeon's piece

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/blood-clotting-needs-watched-covid-204300982.html

I bet Chile is wishing it had bought AZ.......and not Chinese Crap :-| ..........

Guest pelmetman
thebishbus - 2021-04-09 10:50 AM

Curtain Raiser.

The problem is there are so many conflicting reports . When I tapped into Google Chrome the first thing that came up was Fact Check, followed by 10 other world wide reports of deaths after the Pfizer & Moderna vaccinations .I did say they thought there was not a link> But from another source . AAPS (Association Of American Surgeons )

At least37 people have developed a rare platelet disorder after receiving the Pfizer & Moderna vaccines. A 56 year old Florida Obstetrician, Gregory Michael died 3 days after receiving the Pfizer product. They say it may be the tip of the iceberg. V.A.E.R.S

reported there were 309 cases of Thobocytopenia ( low platelets ) as of March 26, and advice people to look out for, bruising, rashes, nosebleeds, and bleeding from the gums. A bit confusing I think.

Brian B.

Seems to me all this bad mouthing of the AZ jab is because the UK gave it to the world for FREE B-) ........

Where as Pfizer & Co are looking to make billions :-| .........

That said the EU still screwed the AZ price down less than the cost of a Big Mac *-) .........

Which is why they're still waiting at the back of the queue >:-) ...........

pelmetman - 2021-04-10 8:55 AM

Curtain Raiser.

Brian B.

Seems to me all this bad mouthing of the AZ jab is because the UK gave it to the world for FREE B-) ........

That said the EU still screwed the AZ price down less than the cost of a Big Mac *-) .........

The difference in price between AstraZeneca and Pfizer would make any government favour AstraZeneca and if it could be used safely for all its citizens of any age then they probably would rely more heavily on it.

And now the EU are keeping hold of any AstraZeneca vaccine produced there.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/apr/08/almost-all-dutch-made-astrazeneca-doses-will-stay-in-eu-says-brussels?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

So not exactly at the back of the queue.

Guest pelmetman
CurtainRaiser - 2021-04-10 9:55 AM

Curtain Raiser.

Brian B.

The difference in price between AstraZeneca and Pfizer would make any government favour AstraZeneca and if it could be used safely for all its citizens of any age then they probably would rely more heavily on it.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/apr/08/almost-all-dutch-made-astrazeneca-doses-will-stay-in-eu-says-brussels?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

Stealing other countries Vaccines is acceptable to you is it??? 8-) ..........

EU LOSERS really are truly NASTY folk *-) ...........

pelmetman - 2021-04-10 9:59 AM

Curtain Raiser.

Brian B.

So what you are saying is that the brilliant contract that Doris signed isn't enforceable?

Or that the collective might of 27 nations working together can make large pharmaceutical companies honour the crappy contract they had, and at a lower price.

Who would ever have thought that the collective might of 27 nations working together would override the weight of Little Britain?

Good luck with those trade negotiations.

Guest pelmetman
CurtainRaiser - 2021-04-10 10:11 AM

pelmetman - 2021-04-10 9:59 AM

Curtain Raiser.

Brian B.

So what you are saying is that the brilliant contract that Doris signed isn't enforceable?

Or that the collective might of 27 nations working together can make large pharmaceutical companies honour the crappy contract they had, and at a lower price.

Who would ever have thought that the collective might of 27 nations working together would override the weight of Little Britain?

Good luck with those trade negotiations.

How very EU of YOU ;-) .......

Defending Bullies *-) ........

Archived