Holiday in the sun (without Victor)

Hopesy

Just packing the cases (an unusual experience now) for a week in the sun on a Nile cruise from Luxor, 80 degrees at the moment. It'll be strange to have a break not in the van. Looking forward to seeing the sites and not having to plan anything. So I'll miss all the banter on the forum for a while but i'll make up for it with sun, G & T's and general laziness.

Hopesy - 2009-02-15 11:57 AM

Just packing the cases (an unusual experience now) for a week in the sun on a Nile cruise from Luxor, 80 degrees at the moment. It'll be strange to have a break not in the van. Looking forward to seeing the sites and not having to plan anything. So I'll miss all the banter on the forum for a while but i'll make up for it with sun, G & T's and general laziness.

Hopesy,

Dont go near those Nile crocodiles, they bite.

michele - 2009-02-16 7:33 AM

who is victor ?

The van is called Victor. We had a earlier thread about boys and girls names for your van. As usual this thread degenerated into innuendo with one nameless contributer laughing because Victor was the name of her sister-in-law's private toy :$ :$ :D :D :D

• 2 weeks later...
As some of you predicted I returned with a little bit more than just some fond memories and photos, however the visits to temples thousands of years old was worth the toilet time. Hanging around in airports, 6 hour flights and packing stuff into suitcases has just confirmed our love of motorhoming and the freedom it provides we both said we missed "Victor".

Guest JudgeMental
Hopesy - 2009-02-27 5:48 PM

As some of you predicted I returned with a little bit more than just some fond memories and photos, however the visits to temples thousands of years old was worth the toilet time. Hanging around in airports, 6 hour flights and packing stuff into suitcases has just confirmed our love of motorhoming and the freedom it provides we both said we missed "Victor".

Seems that a lot of people come down with gastro enteritis in Egypt, from 5*to 2* the story seems the same, at least on the various travel forums that I look at.

We are going to Goa for a few weeks at Easter, and reports of tummy trouble are not a feature of travel forums as other in parts of the world........providing you stay away from tap water of course!*-)

Did you brush your teeth with tap water? thats a no no for a start..........

I agree with JudgeMental about the drinking water - have experienced this contamination on English campsites in the past too. However, this post also reminded me about a television programme many years ago (I think on black and white tv) about a scientific test for the purest water. A laboratory was given about 7 unidentified samples of water to test - the best turned out to be from a country in North Africa and the worst, classed as undrinkable was from London!!

Judge, no we bottled water for brushing teeth (well she leaves her's in a jar). I'm still suffering and had this for a week now!!! I'm convinced it was the water used to wash salads so it serves me right for trying to be healthy. Out of our group of 7, 4 of us had problems but i seem to be stuck with it.

I would do piccies but not sure how, but I'll have go

Well at least now youve done it you can settle down and remember WHY you bought victor in the first place. :-D

JudgeMental - 2009-03-01 2:40 AM

Seems that a lot of people come down with gastro enteritis in Egypt, from 5*to 2* the story seems the same, at least on the various travel forums that I look at.

We are going to Goa for a few weeks at Easter, and reports of tummy trouble are not a feature of travel forums as other in parts of the world........providing you stay away from tap water of course!*-)

Did you brush your teeth with tap water? thats a no no for a start..........

I have not used ice in my drinks ever when abroad or eaten the salads!! but when we were in the Dominian Republic a few years ago I and everyone I spoke to at an All In Club we were staying at were on Amodiom and when we ran out we were paying 1 dollar for 1 tablet!!!

Ive had my fill of being catered for and like to relax in our own little hotel on wheels.

Still got it and took my sample to the doctors this morning :$ :-( Beware the salads thats what i say, a sainbury's pasty would seem safe but you can never tell.

Sorry about the pictures but i can't seem to attach them any ideas anyone?? (?)

Hopesy - 2009-03-03 6:57 PM

Still got it and took my sample to the doctors this morning :$ :-( Beware the salads thats what i say, a sainbury's pasty would seem safe but you can never tell.

Sorry about the pictures but i can't seem to attach them any ideas anyone?? (?)

They have to be less than 100kbs - is that your problem ?

:-|

Well, had the call from environmental health this afternoon. Had a shegella form of dysentry and they wanted to make sure i didn't work with food or children. Now got some anti-biotics because i have it a couple of weeks so hopefully all clear soon. BE WARNED stay away from the salads and cold foods *-)

Archived