House of Saud BBC2 11.15pm tonight

Bulletguy

Bulletguy - 2018-10-31 8:35 PM

Should prove interesting though i expect production was finished before the recent Khashoggi murder.

As I watched the program earlier this year I expect so. ;-)

I do wonder if the death of Khashoggi is being used as a lever for the Yemen talks.

colin - 2018-11-01 7:54 AM

Bulletguy - 2018-10-31 8:35 PM

Should prove interesting though i expect production was finished before the recent Khashoggi murder.

As I watched the program earlier this year I expect so. ;-)

I do wonder if the death of Khashoggi is being used as a lever for the Yemen talks.

Yes i noticed after it was first screened in January.....no idea how i missed that so don't tell me too much!! I watched the first episode last night and found it very informative though it's not easy to 'keep track' of all the Muslim variants....some extreme, some in the middle, and others more liberal minded. That box of RPG's they showed had been manufactured in Ukraine.

I don't know....the whole Khashoggi business is dreadful but also as crazy and ridiculous as our experience with Skripals in that why, if those among the hierarchy in Saudi, wanted Khashoggi gone....why the hell murder him on foreign soil (albeit in their Embassy) when it would have been so much easier to do it on their own land with less hassle and a lot less publicity? He'd certainly been an outspoken critic, and not just of SA either but also certain elements in US.

Regards Yemen i don't think anyone realises just how close we are to seeing a mass famine of millions there, possibly worse than Ethiopia in the 80's.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b09m53py/house-of-saud-a-family-at-war-series-1-episode-1

Archived