How are EU doing?........

Guest pelmetman

Compare the headline to the content

"He added: 'Weak export sales and supply-chain issues are likely to remain constraints on growth moving forward, however, with shipping issues already leading to severe disruption to production schedules, raw material availability and the onward distribution of finished products to clients, especially abroad.'

Duncan Brock, group director at the Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS), said: 'All in all, a great end to the first quarter where some businesses recovered losses from last year, but the reality of continued supply chain disruption as a result of Covid, Brexit and now the Suez delays could potentially rein back some of the gains in April.'"

I can't think what might be causing those "supply-chain issues "?

Its also clear that the journalist doesn't understand what the index is. It's mapping monthly change, so it should come as no surprise that as lockdown ends demand increases.

Guest pelmetman
CurtainRaiser - 2021-04-01 8:14 PM

Nor can I ;-) ........I managed to import from Spain without any issues >:-) ........

pelmetman - 2021-04-01 8:22 PM

Nor can I ;-) ........I managed to import from Spain without any issues >:-) ........

Lucky you.

But the extract from YOUR link states that proper industries, rather than cushion fluffers like yourself, are experiencing major problems. Now if you don't want to start contradicting YOUR links perhaps you should read beyond the headline rather than give us LOSERS ammunition to shoot you down in flames. Again.

Guest pelmetman
CurtainRaiser - 2021-04-01 8:28 PM

Lucky you.

But the extract from YOUR link states that proper industries, rather than cushion fluffers like yourself, are experiencing major problems. Now if you don't want to start contradicting YOUR links perhaps you should read beyond the headline rather than give us LOSERS ammunition to shoot you down in flames. Again.

I dont doubt that the Pandemic is causing supplies problems to ALL countries ;-) ........

I'm not a sado LOSER who trys to suggest its because of Brexit >:-) .......

pelmetman - 2021-04-01 8:41 PM

Lucky you.

I dont doubt that the Pandemic is causing supplies problems to ALL countries ;-) ........

What does YOUR link say?

Guest pelmetman
CurtainRaiser - 2021-04-01 8:46 PM

pelmetman - 2021-04-01 8:41 PM

Lucky you.

What does YOUR link say?

Yeah they chuck in Brexit as a default excuse *-) .........

Just as the couriers did when my Spanish supplier chased them up ;-) ..........

They even said they wouldn't be able to deliver because of Brexit 8-) ........

"Hi David, am attaching the reply I got from Comersan today, I am very angry they didn't inform me, also I contacted Seur, a big courier company here, I have attached there response, I am going to try and get a man and a van to get it to you, apologies for this, it seems Brexit is causing quite a few problems

Regards,Steve

[15/03, 11:33] Morning Jose

Do you have a tracking no for the order that was sent to the UK?, the client is asking

Thanks

[15/03, 12:01] Jose: Hi Stephen just today inform the transport that comeback to comersan, not possible delivery to your client,.. Was very dificult now with brexit,,, sorry

[15/03, 12:02] Jose: In moment have here srnd to you, inform"

As I was reading that......My Mrs found the fabric in the porch (lol) (lol) (lol) .........

Guest pelmetman
CurtainRaiser - 2021-04-01 9:16 PM

But YOUR link says that proper industry is suffering supply-chain issues. So is YOUR link wrong, are you sharing fake news?

Like I said previously I agree that COVID is causing supply issues ;-) .......

I refute that Brexit is causing supply issues *-) ..........

So we are not any worse off in that department than any other country :-| .......

But we are better off than Europe in being able to restart our economy B-) ........

pelmetman - 2021-04-01 9:27 PM

But YOUR link says that proper industry is suffering supply-chain issues. So is YOUR link wrong, are you sharing fake news?

Then why did YOU post a link that contradicts that view? Or was it the case that you only read the headline. Again.

Guest pelmetman
CurtainRaiser - 2021-04-01 9:32 PM

Then why did YOU post a link that contradicts that view? Or was it the case that you only read the headline. Again.

But it doesn't ;-) ..........

Our economy is picking up and the EU's is heading back into lockdown >:-) .........

pelmetman - 2021-04-01 9:36 PM

Our economy is picking up and the EU's is heading back into lockdown >:-) .........

YOUR link, which as I said shows from the headline that the journalist doesn't understand what the index is, as it's simply mapping monthly change, so it should come as no surprise that as lockdown ends demand increases.

And, as you note we are coming out of lockdown as France is going into one, but if France is only now going into a lockdown then by your own admission that must mean that France hasn't been in a lockdown whilst we were, so all the time we've been in a lockdown how do you think France's economy has been doing by comparison?

You keep saying the EU is going back into lockdown, that will come as a surprise to the Danish contingent of my family that shared with me a lovely family birthday photo from inside a restaurant. Some countries within the EU are going into a lockdown, the EU isn't.

Guest pelmetman
CurtainRaiser - 2021-04-01 10:00 PM

YOUR link, which as I said shows from the headline that the journalist doesn't understand what the index is, as it's simply mapping monthly change, so it should come as no surprise that as lockdown ends demand increases.

And, as you note we are coming out of lockdown as France is going into one, but if France is only now going into a lockdown then by your own admission that must mean that France hasn't been in a lockdown whilst we were, so all the time we've been in a lockdown how do you think France's economy has been doing by comparison?

You keep saying the EU is going back into lockdown, that will come as a surprise to the Danish contingent of my family that shared with me a lovely family birthday photo from inside a restaurant. Some countries within the EU are going into a lockdown, the EU isn't.

Yep France is heading back into Lockdown........So they're prolly heading back into recession ;-) .......

The UK only dipped its toe into the Pandemic recession once B-) .......

It appears that some EU countries enjoyed the first recession so much, they diving back in 8-) .........

“A double-dip recession for the euro zone economy is looking increasingly inevitable as tighter Covid-19 restrictions took a further toll on businesses in January,” said Chris Williamson, chief business economist at IHS Markit.

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/economy/double-dip-recession-in-europe-increasingly-inevitable-as-lockdowns-take-toll-1.4465296

Plus seeing as those countries make up the bulk of the EU's GDP........It means the EU goes into recession >:-) ........

pelmetman - 2021-04-02 9:21 AM

Yep France is heading back into Lockdown........So they're prolly heading back into recession ;-) .......

It appears that some EU countries enjoyed the first recession so much, they diving back in 8-) .........

“A double-dip recession for the euro zone economy is looking increasingly inevitable as tighter Covid-19 restrictions took a further toll on businesses in January,” said Chris Williamson, chief business economist at IHS Markit.

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/economy/double-dip-recession-in-europe-increasingly-inevitable-as-lockdowns-take-toll-1.4465296

Plus seeing as those countries make up the bulk of the EU's GDP........It means the EU goes into recession >:-) ........

So answer my questions, has France currently been in lockdown for as long as England?

Not speculation of what might happen going forward but currently.

Guest pelmetman
CurtainRaiser - 2021-04-02 9:29 AM

So answer my questions, has France currently been in lockdown for as long as England?

Have you been to France? :-S ..........

Compared to Blighty its huge so no need to lockdown the whole country, just the cities ;-) .........

Which have been in Lockdown since October >:-) ........

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/12933087/france-paris-curfew-strict-lockdown/

CurtainRaiser - 2021-04-02 9:29 AM

He won't because the truthful answer doesn't fit his rabid anti-EU narrative. :-|

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2021-04-02 12:42 PM

pelmetman - 2021-04-01 8:41 PM...........................I'm not a sado LOSER who trys to suggest its because of Brexit >:-) .......

No Dave , you're just a sado Brexiter who tries to suggest everything is becsuse of the EU! >:-( (lol) (lol) (lol)

Perhaps if you sado LOSERS accepted that YOU LOST ;-) ..........

This Brexiteer would stop rubbing your noses in it >:-) .........

maxresdefaultmuttley.thumb.jpg.737c65e00ef84b600c24590e200ed1e4.jpg

pelmetman - 2021-04-03 9:11 AM

pelmetman - 2021-04-01 8:41 PM...........................I'm not a sado LOSER who trys to suggest its because of Brexit >:-) .......

No Dave , you're just a sado Brexiter who tries to suggest everything is becsuse of the EU! >:-( (lol) (lol) (lol)

It all depends, as you've been asked so many times to say, whet you think you've won. Have you worked that out yet? :-D

I haven't seen anyone claim that remain won the referendum, have you?

What it seems "we" don't accept is that Brexit will be the best outcome for the UK.

You seem to think that because a (small) majority voted leave, those who voted remain should all change their minds and, in the face of absolutely no evidence - or even credible economic forecasts - embrace Brexit as a good idea.

Speaking for myself only, on the basis of all the reasons you've put forward for Brexit being a good thing, why on earth would I do that?

Because you were in the majority? You do realise that a majority is merely the lowest common denominator, don't you? So, I'll just await the proof, thank you.

BTW, Brexit and Covid aren't linked, as you seem to think. What is linked, is the performance of the government that was elected on a Brexit ticket by Brexiters. If that indicates the sort of Brexit success we can look forward to, I'm not optimistic! Pi**-up in brewery?? (lol) (lol)

...or perhaps if Brexit looked like any form of success (and no...the vaccine does not count on that score despite the Brexs**t Apes trying to claim it) then you guys could stop being so unsuccessfully defensive about it...? Just an original thought - which tends to be beyond the capability of 'Brexiters'.

:-D :-D

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2021-04-05 5:57 PM

It all depends, as you've been asked so many times to say, whet you think you've won. Have you worked that out yet? :-D

I haven't seen anyone claim that remain won the referendum, have you?

What it seems "we" don't accept is that Brexit will be the best outcome for the UK.

You seem to think that because a (small) majority voted leave, those who voted remain should all change their minds and, in the face of absolutely no evidence - or even credible economic forecasts - embrace Brexit as a good idea.

Speaking for myself only, on the basis of all the reasons you've put forward for Brexit being a good thing, why on earth would I do that?

Because you were in the majority? You do realise that a majority is merely the lowest common denominator, don't you? So, I'll just await the proof, thank you.

BTW, Brexit and Covid aren't linked, as you seem to think. What is linked, is the performance of the government that was elected on a Brexit ticket by Brexiters. If that indicates the sort of Brexit success we can look forward to, I'm not optimistic! Pi**-up in brewery?? (lol) (lol)

Correct you are a LOSER/HATER so will never ever be optimistic again >:-) .........

Coz fortunately for us Brexiteers like in the referendum you are in the MINORITY :D ...........

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinion_polling_for_the_next_United_Kingdom_general_election

Guest pelmetman
GarySueLola - 2021-04-05 6:54 PM

...or perhaps if Brexit looked like any form of success (and no...the vaccine does not count on that score despite the Brexs**t Apes trying to claim it) then you guys could stop being so unsuccessfully defensive about it...? Just an original thought - which tends to be beyond the capability of 'Brexiters'.

Defensive??? :-S .............We WON so we get to GLOAT >:-) ........

Especially when we get to see what a almighty Balls UP your Hero the EU is making of the Pandemic :D .........

(lol) (lol) (lol) ..........

pelmetman - 2021-04-06 8:16 AM

Especially when we get to see what a almighty Balls UP your Hero the EU is making of the Pandemic :D .........

Gloat away.

When the body count starts mounting up, remember this is all on you. Voting for things you didn't understand.

FB_IMG_1617711095060.thumb.jpg.65507dfc44c92bbfaf927f9751f3ef7c.jpg

Guest pelmetman
CurtainRaiser - 2021-04-06 1:14 PM

pelmetman - 2021-04-06 8:16 AM

Gloat away.

When the body count starts mounting up, remember this is all on you. Voting for things you didn't understand.

That's what happens when Sinn Fein get away with breaking lockdown rules *-) .........

https://www.thearticle.com/sinn-fein-breaks-the-lockdown-rules

https://www.politico.eu/article/bobby-storey-funeral-northern-ireland-sinn-fein-ira-lockdown/

Archived