How did we end up like this

antony1969

140 years ago today 100 heroic British soldiers at Rorkes Drift fought off attacks from 1000s of Zulus ... I reckon a lot of those real heroes would be utterly ashamed of many of our whinging , sulky , sad wet drips who've brought shame on themselves over losing the Brexit vote and more ... You really wouldn't want any remoaner backing you up in a sticky situation

antony1969 - 2019-01-23 12:43 PM

140 years ago today 100 heroic British soldiers at Rorkes Drift fought off attacks from 1000s of Zulus ... I reckon a lot of those real heroes would be utterly ashamed of many of our whinging , sulky , sad wet drips who've brought shame on themselves over losing the Brexit vote and more ... You really wouldn't want any remoaner backing you up in a sticky situation

Hmm. Well we cant ask them as they are all dead, what about we ask some world war two war heroes what they think or are you going to class them as "sulky, sad wet drips that would be no good in a fight"?

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/video/2016/may/09/second-world-war-veterans-urge-britain-stay-in-eu-video

https://www.forces.net/news/tri-service/second-world-war-veterans-warn-against-brexit

I disagree.

The very freedoms of thought and speech, freedoms from want, fear and cold that we all enjoy now are exactly what so many people died for over the last 100 years and I suspect that many would be content to see the UK free from the sort of despotic rule that so many so called 'democratic' states are forced live under.

I may not agree with much of what remoaners say but to insult their integrity like that is quite wrong.

Tracker - 2019-01-23 4:22 PM

I disagree.

The very freedoms of thought and speech, freedoms from want, fear and cold that we all enjoy now are exactly what so many people died for over the last 100 years and I suspect that many would be content to see the UK free from the sort of despotic rule that so many so called 'democratic' states are forced live under.

I may not agree with much of what remoaners say but to insult their integrity like that is quite wrong.

Remoaners "integrity" ... You've seen a lot on here of that from em Rich ???

Brian Kirby - 2019-01-23 4:36 PM

Welcome to the world of " whinging , sulky , sad wet drips " Rich. :-D

But if you have to pray in aid the dead to gain attention for a tawdry point, and so belittle their deaths, you don't really have such a noble point, do you? Nasty!

Didn't see you being "Nasty" when Barry blamed all Brexiteers for hate crimes and deaths ... He obviously wasnt in your book belittling their deaths to make a point ???

antony1969 - 2019-01-23 4:41 PM

Remoaners "integrity" ... You've seen a lot on here of that from em Rich ???

I have not seen enough on here to form an opinion Antony and so I have no reason to doubt the integrity of anyone - remoaner or brexiteer.

I know a few remoaners in real life and I have no reason to doubt their sincerity or integrity just beacuse we disagree on some Brexit issues and I think you are being unfairly critical

antony1969 - 2019-01-23 4:44 PM

But if you have to pray in aid the dead to gain attention for a tawdry point, and so belittle their deaths, you don't really have such a noble point, do you? Nasty!

Didn't see you being "Nasty" when Barry blamed all Brexiteers for hate crimes and deaths ... He obviously wasnt in your book belittling their deaths to make a point ???

Unless you know different, Antony, Brexiters are alive and kicking and can defend themselves. That is the difference you seem to have overlooked. Besides which, I believe Barry answered that allegation, didn't he?

We all say things that on reflection we might have worded differently and I personally would never carry a grudge or form an opinion based on a non specific comment on a forum, and I have had a few run ins over the years!

Yes, I have also formed opinions of people, as have they of me, but that does not call into question their trustworthyness,integrity or sincerity.

Brian Kirby - 2019-01-23 5:03 PM

Unless you know different, Antony, Brexiters are alive and kicking and can defend themselves. That is the difference you seem to have overlooked. Besides which, I believe Barry answered that allegation, didn't he?

Yeah I did, i may have worded it badly at the time but my main gripe is at the orchestrators of Brexit not Mrs Muggins of acacia avenue who voted leave because she didnt like posh boy David Cameron or believed stuff written on a big red bus. If I offended anyone on here I apologise, it was not meant as a personal attack.

Violet1956 - 2019-01-23 1:31 PM

I think you’ve just added to the myths about the soldiers at Rorke’s drift. I wish you had told me that one before I visited the place last year. I could have added it to our guide’s list of the ridiculous.

Not much to see at Rorkes Drift anyway ... that's because it was a British victory.

Now the Voortrekker Monument and Museum is a different story, they are quite impressive.

Errr ... Remoaners are alive and kicking and defending themselves Brian , you seem to have overlooked that ... You were on my case fast enough Brian and before Barry begged for forgiveness you said zilch though im not questioning your integrity

Barryd999 - 2019-01-23 5:29 PM

Yeah I did, i may have worded it badly at the time but my main gripe is at the orchestrators of Brexit not Mrs Muggins of acacia avenue who voted leave because she didnt like posh boy David Cameron or believed stuff written on a big red bus. If I offended anyone on here I apologise, it was not meant as a personal attack.

"worded it badly at the time" ... You defended it after i picked you up on it ... You meant every word fella

antony1969 - 2019-01-23 6:04 PM

"worded it badly at the time" ... You defended it after i picked you up on it ... You meant every word fella

Let it go Antony, life's too short to carry a grudge, and look back at some of your own postings and ask yourself whether you actually said what you meant, although you may have meant it or thought so at the time?

Tracker - 2019-01-23 6:23 PM

Let it go Antony, life's too short to carry a grudge, and look back at some of your own postings and ask yourself whether you actually said what you meant, although you may have meant it or thought so at the time?

Rich ... You read me wrong ... I dont hold any grudge against Barry , totally the opposite actually ... I like Barry and me und him have very much the same sense of humour and ion he was a full blown girl I would probably fancy him ... Hes my hero ... As for my past posts Ive meant every single word Ive said ... All of it

Did I? Are you sure? Defended what actually? I cant even remember which thread it was but if I was having a go at Brexiteers for inciting hate crimes that could possibly end in violence or death I am sure it was aimed at the feckers who got us into this mess in the first place who will indeed have blood on their hands if thats the end result. You have to remember it gets a bit Panto on here and I think we all like to exaggerate it a bit and add a bit of drama. I though it was all part of the fun. Maybe its just me and Im a bit odd I dunno but I find coming on here every day therapeutic and a great laugh. (lol)

Barryd999 - 2019-01-23 6:37 PM

Did I? Are you sure? Defended what actually? I cant even remember which thread it was but if I was having a go at Brexiteers for inciting hate crimes that could possibly end in violence or death I am sure it was aimed at the feckers who got us into this mess in the first place who will indeed have blood on their hands if thats the end result. You have to remember it gets a bit Panto on here and I think we all like to exaggerate it a bit and add a bit of drama. I though it was all part of the fun. Maybe its just me and Im a bit odd I dunno but I find coming on here every day therapeutic and a great laugh. (lol)

So the ones with "blood on their hands" are all Brexit voters I presume ???

antony1969 - 2019-01-23 7:20 PM

Eh? I just said I dont really blame Mrs Muggins, more those who orchestrated Brexit.

antony1969 - 2019-01-23 6:01 PM

1 Errr ... Remoaners are alive and kicking and defending themselves Brian , you seem to have overlooked that ...

2 You were on my case fast enough Brian and before Barry begged for forgiveness you said zilch though im not questioning your integrity

1 As I pointed out - not overlooked.

2 Correct, though I was only the fourth critic of what you wrote, and I'm not questioning your integrity either - only what you wrote.

Barryd999 - 2019-01-23 8:03 PM

Eh? I just said I dont really blame Mrs Muggins, more those who orchestrated Brexit.

So your saying Mrs Muggins hasn't got the intelligence to see through the supposed guff the orchestrators belched out ???

antony1969 - 2019-01-23 8:13 PM

Barryd999 - 2019-01-23 8:03 PM

So your saying Mrs Muggins hasn't got the intelligence to see through the supposed guff the orchestrators belched out ???

Well lets put it this way the majority of the population knew (and probably still dont know) feck all about the EU and our membership in 2016 so were led by what the media and our politicians told them or what was written on the side of a bus. 2nd most searched for term in the UK on Google the day after the referendum was "what is the EU?".

Came down to who had the best campaign and "Vote Leave" were better than "Remain" and also the fact that there has been twenty years of drip fed nonsense about our membership of the EU from the anti EU press. Im surprised the vote was so close to be honest. The Brexit orchestrators who as we know have their own selfish motives for ripping the UK out of the EU played a blinder really.

Archived