How much do YOU pay the EU?

Bulletguy

We already know the weekly cost per individual is so miniscule it's not even noticed.....but it's on everybody's tax return and i've just had mine for 2017-18.

My annual contribution to the EU budget was a measly four quid which works out at 7.69230 pence a week.

Blimey.....i spend way more than that each day running a coffee machine. *-)

Anyone else had their tax return? Post up your 2017-18 EU contribution here. Come on Brexit voters....lets see what you've paid.

pottypam - 2019-03-01 7:46 PM

ONS figures

£143 per head per year

Income tax isn’t the only tax we pay which contributes to payments to the EU. I don’t pay any income tax but pay at least £40 a week in other taxes.

That's an average Pam....not everyone is paying that as my own contribution figure shows. Someone on another forum got his tax form the other week and his contribution last year was £40 but he's employed earning above the national average.

When i was working, whatever i paid then was so insignificant i never even bothered looking.

Tracker - 2019-03-01 8:14 PM

pelmetman - 2019-03-01 7:50 PM

So we all pay for sh*te :-S ...........

What does that prove? >:-) .....

That we are all very gullible?

Some more than others!!

So how many pence a week does a comfortable Evesham pensioner pay Richard? You must have had your tax code notice by now?

Guest pelmetman

Some more than others!!

Not having a choice doesn't make you gullible Rich ;-) ............

pelmetman - 2019-03-01 8:25 PM

Some more than others!!

Ah, but after years of being conned and misled, we did get the choice and we chose not to be gullible anymore, but the gullible amongst us just can't / won't accept that free choice!

Guest pelmetman
Tracker - 2019-03-01 8:29 PM

pelmetman - 2019-03-01 8:25 PM

Some more than others!!

Ah, but after years of being conned and misled, we did get the choice and we chose not to be gullible anymore, but the gullible amongst us just can't / won't accept that free choice!

I'm kinda getting to the stage where they need another reminder of the will of the people ;-) ........

Sadly I no longer have the confidence that our establishment will allow that will to prevail at the ballot box :-| ..........

As I suspect the establishment will rig any future vote >:-( ........

Bulletguy - 2019-03-01 8:18 PM

ONS figures

£143 per head per year

Income tax isn’t the only tax we pay which contributes to payments to the EU. I don’t pay any income tax but pay at least £40 a week in other taxes.

That's an average Pam....not everyone is paying that as my own contribution figure shows. Someone on another forum got his tax form the other week and his contribution last year was £40 but he's employed earning above the national average.

When i was working, whatever i paid then was so insignificant i never even bothered looking.

What about the VAT you pay? And duty on alcohol and fuel? As I said, it isn’t just income tax that goes towards paying the EU. And yes, of course it is an average of the population. The average of every adult and child in the country. The figures quoted are for 2016, probably more now.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-03-01 10:40 PM

Shouty Brexiteers quickly went verrrry quiet and shy on this one. Can't think why.. :-|

I dont currently pay income tax B-) ...........

But seeing as I spend 6 months a year in the EU, I suspect my contributions are far higher than £146 a year >:-( ...........

pottypam - 2019-03-01 11:16 PM

Bulletguy - 2019-03-01 8:18 PM

ONS figures

£143 per head per year

What about the VAT you pay? And duty on alcohol and fuel? As I said, it isn’t just income tax that goes towards paying the EU. And yes, of course it is an average of the population. The average of every adult and child in the country. The figures quoted are for 2016, probably more now.

For the benefits it brings it really is an extremely miniscule figure imo Pam. Sorry but even using the ONS figure, it pales into insignificance when most people think nothing of spending four times that amount subscribing to cable tv channels.

If it was possible to give individuals who didn't want to contribute anything at all to the EU budget, and have that enforced...i'd vote for that on the strict proviso none benefited from anything funded by the EU. Of course it's impossible but i'm just using that as a scenario.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-03-02 2:19 PM

For the benefits it brings it really is an extremely miniscule figure imo .

Benefits like .....Open door migration.....Wage suppression.......Pressure on housing......Pressure on schools.....Pressure on the NHS.........4000 extra criminals.......Yeah Bullet its a bargain *-) ......

pelmetman - 2019-03-03 7:52 AM

Benefits like .....Open door migration.....Wage suppression.......Pressure on housing......Pressure on schools.....Pressure on the NHS.........4000 extra criminals.......Yeah Bullet its a bargain *-) ......

Let's unpack the above a bit. :-D

Open door migration? I thought you had now accepted that here:

"pelmetman - 2019-02-26 6:57 PM

As you know it was Labours Blair who opened our doors early *-) ...........

We now know that decision has had a detrimental affect on the UK......…"

So, now we have established the cause, lets look at the effect.

Wage suppression? To the extent that it happened (it is quite widely challenged overall, though I think most recognise that it is true in various areas) it was the then government's anti-inflation policy. EU? No. HMG? Yes.

Pressure on housing? To the extent that no-one tried to ensure there was available housing for the migrants, yes, but the rest of the shortage is due to decades of restrictive planning policies, which inflate land prices and push housing costs above affordability. In both cases - EU? No. HMG? Yes.

Pressure on schools? More people due to immigration = more school places required. Who admitted the immigrants? EU? No. HMG? Yes.

Pressure on NHS? See schools above, plus "austerity" cut-backs to NHS funding relative to NHS costs. EU? No. HMG? Yes.You can see where this is coing can't you? :-D

4,000 extra criminals? Increase the population and, sadly, you inevitably increase the number of criminals - unless you have discovered a way to ensure all the new people are saints! :-) But who let them in? EU? No. HMG? Yes.

So yes, it's an HMG bargain.

Now, remind me again why you voted Brexit. Oh yes, it was to get rid of HMG, wasn't it? You know, those people you wanted to take back control. But then, they were in control, weren't they? This is getting really, really, tricky, isn't it?

Best advice? Put the gun down and hobble off to hospital and get your bleeding feet attended to! :-D Lordy, Lordy, Lordy! You really couldn't make it up, could you?

Brian Kirby - 2019-03-03 11:06 AM

Wage suppression? To the extent that it happened (it is quite widely challenged overall, though I think most recognise that it is true in various areas) it was the then government's anti-inflation policy. EU? No. HMG? Yes.

Pressure on housing? To the extent that no-one tried to ensure there was available housing for the migrants, yes, but the rest of the shortage is due to decades of restrictive planning policies, which inflate land prices and push housing costs above affordability. In both cases - EU? No. HMG? Yes.

Pressure on schools? More people due to immigration = more school places required. Who admitted the immigrants? EU? No. HMG? Yes.

Pressure on NHS? See schools above, plus "austerity" cut-backs to NHS funding relative to NHS costs. EU? No. HMG? Yes.You can see where this is coing can't you? :-D

4,000 extra criminals? Increase the population and, sadly, you inevitably increase the number of criminals - unless you have discovered a way to ensure all the new people are saints! :-) But who let them in? EU? No. HMG? Yes.

Now, remind me again why you voted Brexit. Oh yes, it was to get rid of HMG, wasn't it? You know, those people you wanted to take back control. But then, they were in control, weren't they? This is getting really, really, tricky, isn't it?

Best advice? Put the gun down and hobble off to hospital and get your bleeding feet attended to! :-D Lordy, Lordy, Lordy! You really couldn't make it up, could you?

Pelmet did mention on another thread his reason for voting Brexit was so he can "think he's a Brit". *-)

Guest pelmetman

The vote in 2016 actually shot HMG in the foot ;-) .........

They thought their Remoaner propaganda would work :D ...........

So given 2.5 years of bitching have you changed your mind? :-| ..........

Neither have I >:-) .......

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-03-03 3:04 PM

Pelmet did mention on another thread his reason for voting Brexit was so he can "think he's a Brit". *-)

I forgot to mention my other reason ;-) .......

I think Remoaners are Stupid >:-) ......

pelmetman - 2019-03-03 3:26 PM

That's almost as perverse and insane as your first reason....you need a lobotomy.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-03-03 4:02 PM

pelmetman - 2019-03-03 3:26 PM

That's almost as perverse and insane as your first reason....you need a lobotomy.

You would say that ;-) ..........Coz Remoaner's speak out of their Bottomy >:-) ......

Archived