How much longer.....

Guest Ingo Sundowner

Guest Ingo Sundowner

... will this madness go on? I just want to go in my motorhome, start it up, get provisions and set off for a few months. Since voices grow louder that this virus isn't what its made out to be. According to my own maths, the mortality rate has never been higher than 0.01%. A "good flu epidemic" over a winter is probably worse than this virus. I personally go for get out and do what you enjoy rather than irrational fear. Anyone thinking the same? In terms of driving on?

Some have called it “ The shamdemic “

I’ve got to say I’m very very dubious about its danger to the general population.

With hindsight ( a precious gift I know ) the vulnerable should of shielded and the rest of the population get on with their lives until it died away or a miracle vaccine was found.

We are away in the van for two weeks after Saturday and we will endeavor to have a “ normal “ holiday .

Guest Ingo Sundowner
Steve H - 2020-08-25 9:21 PM

Ummm - I guess the 46,000 people who have died were the 0.01% you calculate. I wonder how many of them thought 'What's the chance of me catching that?". So how lucky do you feel?

Very lucky. But they admitted to having counted just about any death and reduced it by 5,000.

But, that aside, being 66 and having smoked for over 50 of those, i guess I'm in with a good chance. Last time i looked, old people always died before the young ones.

I think its called nature :-> :-D

Guest Ingo Sundowner
arthur49 - 2020-08-25 9:11 PM

"...voices grow louder that this virus isn't what its made out to be...."

Specifically which voices?

Ah, ok. You wont hear them on the BBC. You'd actually have to look elsewhere. But try London, Dublin, Madrid and Berlin for a start?

But seriously now is there nobody on here that actually has doubts about the whole thing?

Guest Ingo Sundowner
Adiebt - 2020-08-25 9:30 PM

Some have called it “ The shamdemic “

I’ve got to say I’m very very dubious about its danger to the general population.

With hindsight ( a precious gift I know ) the vulnerable should of shielded and the rest of the population get on with their lives until it died away or a miracle vaccine was found.

We are away in the van for two weeks after Saturday and we will endeavor to have a “ normal “ holiday .

Yes, agreed!! There is a virus and if you're old and decrepid like me, shield yourself. But dont tell the rest of the world to do the same

Guest Ingo Sundowner
arthur49 - 2020-08-25 9:41 PM

Ingo Sundowner - 2020-08-25 9:36 PM

............. try London, Dublin, Madrid and Berlin for a start?

Well please don't leave it there, please provide links to these "voices". I'm seriously keen to learn

I'm really sorry. But cant help there. For some reason they're being took down as fast as they're being put up. I hear that some survived on FB which i dont use. Sorry

Guest pelmetman
Ingo Sundowner - 2020-08-25 9:48 PM

arthur49 - 2020-08-25 9:41 PM

............. try London, Dublin, Madrid and Berlin for a start?

Well please don't leave it there, please provide links to these "voices". I'm seriously keen to learn

I'm really sorry. But cant help there. For some reason they're being took down as fast as they're being put up. I hear that some survived on FB which i dont use. Sorry

You obviously don't have a clue about how a virus spreads do you Bingo Bumdoner? ;-) .......

Neither do you have any experience of being lockdown on a Spanish campsite.....do you? *-) .......

Ingo Sundowner - 2020-08-25 9:48 PM

For some reason they're being took down as fast as they're being put up. I hear that some survived on FB which i dont use. Sorry

And I'm sorry for pressing this but where are these being "took down". You're not on FB which is a great source of false information, so it can't be there.

I take the virus seriously - we had a very sick 42 year old daughter who caught covid whilst treating patients in ICU - but I am open to persuasion ....... provided it is expert advice/opinion

Guest pelmetman
weldted - 2020-08-25 10:01 PM

Quite simple put 10000 people in a stadium you pick the 0.01% that’s going to die then you can go on your holiday and not worry?

Then divide that sum by the average age of folk who own motorhomes *-) .........

Guest pelmetman
Ingo Sundowner - 2020-08-25 10:21 PM

Whatever you say, mate. Pleased this forum got someone like you who knows everything :-D

When you've clocked up 60+ years with campers and caravans ;-) ........

You can take my place :D ........

Ingo Sundowner - 2020-08-25 8:59 PM

... will this madness go on? I just want to go in my motorhome, start it up, get provisions and set off for a few months.

Is there anything stopping you?

According to my own maths, the mortality rate has never been higher than 0.01%. A "good flu epidemic" over a winter is probably worse than this virus.

The last estimate by ONS was that 3.5m had actually caught CV-19, looking at the revised deaths at that time around 35,000 had died. So that's around 10 times your mortality rate, and those deaths came about despite the most severe restrictions I've known in my lifetime.

Ah, ok. You wont hear them on the BBC. You'd actually have to look elsewhere. But try London, Dublin, Madrid and Berlin for a start?

But seriously now is there nobody on here that actually has doubts about the whole thing?

I have no doubts Plus, a friend's son, who is a doctor, caught Covid while at work in his hospital. He's now recovered and is back at work - but he didn't enjoy the experience.

But hey, if you don't think it's real, why ask on here? Just have the courage of your convictions and go. If you don't come across anyone else on your travels who is infected, you'll be fine. If you do, with your stated medical history, your chances of recovery are much reduced. What's your problem, you're free to do as you choose, and you say you feel lucky, so, off you go! Simples. :-D

Ah, ok. You wont hear them on the BBC.

You'd actually have to look elsewhere. But try London, Dublin, Madrid and Berlin for a start?

If the " voices " you are referring to are not on mainstream media - I assume they are on " social media " ( in the places you mention) - which is as reliable as a bloke down the pub..

I have two concerns if I went away - I might catch it - and if I do catch it, I might give it to someone else.

:-|

Archived