How old is yours?

Sparkle

In one of my more lucid moments I was chatting to my hubby about our motorhome, which he said was 15yrs old. I reckoned that due to all the issues we had had with it - everytime we go out something happens or falls off, that theres no way it'd be 15 - therefore it must be like dogs where they age quicker than humans.

So if a dogs life is 7 yrs to 1 human, I reckon our motorhome must be about 4 to 1, making it about 60. or maybe 4.5 to 1.

He thought (as usual) that I was barking mad (excuse the pun) but I reckons theres truth in it. so anyone with a really young motorhome must have theirs going thru the terrible two tantrums etc!!

Wellcome to the mad house Sprarkle, well if it is 15years of age just a teenager and who knows what can happen, but if its dog years getting on a bit joints starting to creek and will need oiling polishing etc to keep her looking her best. Whatever the van is or age just enjoy it, a great way of life. Cheers Carol. (lol)

You mean what I've got at the mo? :-(

Trying to keep smiling and giggling, hence why I'm on here, but it's ruddy hard with all the aggro that's going on. I'm trying not to respond to some of the threads so as not purpetuate them, but it's not easy.

Anyway, I digress ....

Ours is 'new old'! 8-) 2006 stock but bought new by us in Feb 2007. Not sure what the makes it :-S

Come on, back on thread!

Hannibal was 18 man-years, and starting to show his age in all kinds of little ways - starter motor sticking, bits of exhaust dropping off (bit like Hants Police?).

However, I'm not sure how much was age-related, and how much was because he'd realise we were planning to part with him. You know what these old folks get like if they think you're going to put them in a home!

On that basis, maybe the "MH-year" ratio should be about 5:1? That'd make him 90 - sounds about right.

Tony

So we're upping the ratio then Tony? Ok - sounds about right - that'd make ours about..... (wheres the calculator and why couldn't you just have round figures....???).....76.5yrs old.

God thats a bit scary... I'm not sure what else can go wrong with it....

I hop eyou're giving yours a good send off before you trade him in for a newer model.... sounds like a mid life crisis to me! (lol)

Guest Tracker
Forester - 2007-11-03 6:51 AM

Mine's got a telegraph of the Queen!!!!!!!!

Do you mean you have a picture of Howie on your van?

Archived