How to waste £322k

Bulletguy

Three water cannons bought by Batty Boris when Mayor at a cost of £322k have just been sold for scrap at £11k. They were never used as they were bought without government authorisation which was subsequently denied. Unbelievably the bozo spent almost a grand fitting them with CD players. *-)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-46258584

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Its a shame they've not used it to break up gang crimes stabbing each other in Sadicks London ... How Sadick dare talk about any other London Mayor when hes overseen a gun and knife crime epidemic on his shift Allah only knows ... What a hypocrite ... Lets not start about acid attacks either

antony1969 - 2018-11-19 4:35 PM

Its a shame they've not used it.....

As Mayor he didn't have overall authority over the Police.....that's the responsibility of the Home Office as any Mayor should know. MOPAC is purely part of the GLA and accountable to the PCC and HO who govern and authorise.

https://www.gov.uk/government/speeches/home-secretarys-oral-statement-on-water-cannon

Bulletguy - 2018-11-19 4:58 PM

As Mayor he didn't have overall authority over the Police.....that's the responsibility of the Home Office as any Mayor should know. MOPAC is purely part of the GLA and accountable to the PCC and HO who govern and authorise.

https://www.gov.uk/government/speeches/home-secretarys-oral-statement-on-water-cannon

As Mayor he doesnt seem to have authority over much of gangland London does he ... This from the fella who promised a reduction in crime ... I know dont laugh

The real crime is the selling of them at scrap prices just to make a political point.

There must be plenty of governments around the world with the balls to use water cannon to subdue anarchists and students, especially if the water contained an idellible dye to mark out the trouble makers at a later date!

Oh what fun - can I have one for Christmas please to make it easier to get into Morrisons car park!

antony1969 - 2018-11-19 5:17 PM

As Mayor he doesnt seem to have authority.

Correct......which is why he should never have purchased them without prior authority from HS which, as can be clearly seen by May's statement, was denied.

Bulletguy - 2018-11-19 5:36 PM

Correct......which is why he should never have purchased them without prior authority from HS which, as can be clearly seen by May's statement, was denied.

Authority or not Boris bought a present for London and given Sadicks crime epidemic its much needed ... Yet to prove some silly Sadick point hes sold it for nuffink ... Sadick lives up to his name yet again ... Lets not mention the gun and knife crime attacks in London this weekend by the way

antony1969 - 2018-11-19 5:41 PM

Authority or not Boris bought a present for London.

Unfortunately the money didn't come out of his pocket so the only "present" he "gave" was landing the tax payer with three pieces of scrap metal costing them £322k.

Bulletguy - 2018-11-19 5:51 PM

Unfortunately the money didn't come out of his pocket so the only "present" he "gave" was landing the tax payer with three pieces of scrap metal costing them £322k.

Prolly a lot less to cost the tax payer than investigating and taking to trial and then the hopefully the imprisonment of just one of those knife murderers under Sadicks watch ... Regards

antony1969 - 2018-11-19 6:19 PM

Prolly a lot less to cost the tax payer than investigating and taking to trial and then the hopefully the imprisonment of just one of those knife murderers under Sadicks watch ...

You're avoiding the fact Johnson acted outside of his jurisdiction as you've been desperately attempting to deflect blame to Sadiq Khan who was not Mayor. Your argument is therefore totally baseless.

Bulletguy - 2018-11-19 6:38 PM

antony1969 - 2018-11-19 6:19 PM

Prolly a lot less to cost the tax payer than investigating and taking to trial and then the hopefully the imprisonment of just one of those knife murderers under Sadicks watch ...

You're avoiding the fact Johnson acted outside of his jurisdiction as you've been desperately attempting to deflect blame to Sadiq Khan who was not Mayor. Your argument is therefore totally baseless.

Errr you can show where Ive tried to blame Sadick for Boris's purchase ??? ... No of course you cant ... Keep it real princess it makes for a better debate

Remind us all again just how much the last Labour government cost the country - with nothing, not even some unwanted (by some) water canon to show for it?

antony1969 - 2018-11-19 6:46 PM

Errr you can show where Ive tried to blame Sadick for Boris's purchase ??? ... No of course you cant ... Keep it real princess it makes for a better debate

When you learn to read peoples posts properly instead of deflecting and skewing context, then 'better debate' would be possible, but as you never do, there's little chance of that ever happening.

As can clearly be seen i never said you had "tried to blame Sadiq Khan for Boris's purchase". I said "you've been desperately attempting to deflect blame to Sadiq Khan who was not Mayor", which is true as you've done nothing but drone on and on about Sadiq Khan from your first post in making totally irrelevant remarks about the actual thread topic preferring instead to vilify Mr Khan (it's ok, we all know......you hate Khan because he's Muslim and Labour).

Bulletguy - 2018-11-19 7:30 PM

antony1969 - 2018-11-19 6:46 PM

When you learn to read peoples posts properly instead of deflecting and skewing context, then 'better debate' would be possible, but as you never do, there's little chance of that ever happening.

As can clearly be seen i never said you had "tried to blame Sadiq Khan for Boris's purchase". I said "you've been desperately attempting to deflect blame to Sadiq Khan who was not Mayor", which is true as you've done nothing but drone on and on about Sadiq Khan from your first post in making totally irrelevant remarks about the actual thread topic preferring instead to vilify Mr Khan (it's ok, we all know......you hate Khan because he's Muslim and Labour).

In your own words Ive "been desperately attempting to blame Sadick" ... So show Princess instead of your usual hot air ... You can also show where Ive said or insinuated I hate Sadick because hes a Muslim and Labour ??? ... No of course you Khant ... Just more silliness from a very silly billy ... Try keeping it real sweetheart it makes for much better debate

Tracker - 2018-11-19 7:22 PM

Remind us all again just how much the last Labour government cost the country - with nothing, not even some unwanted (by some) water canon to show for it?

Whataboutery is the preserve of the Beano boys Richard. I thought you were above that.

John52 - 2018-11-19 7:25 PM

Its a shame they've not used it to break up gang crimes stabbing each other in Sadicks London .

How would that work *-)

It wouldn't....they'd would have been busy listening to their fave cd's on the cd player. (lol)

Bulletguy - 2018-11-19 8:17 PM

Whataboutery is the preserve of the Beano boys Richard. I thought you were above that.

I am, but you are not it seems, and so tit for tat seemed appropriate to remind those who may so easily forget that inappropriate spending is not the domain of just one party.

In the context of an £11 billion London budget, £300k is no more than a cup of coffee gone cold and thrown away to the likes of us mere mortals!

Bulletguy - 2018-11-19 8:14 PM

antony1969 - 2018-11-19 7:39 PM

In your own words Ive "been desperately attempting to blame Sadiq" ... So show

Do learn to read and comprehend context...your endless trolling is all very juvenile and tiresome. *-)

I'll translate ... You cant show what you claim so in a child like tissy you attack with insults ... We've seen it many times before

Tracker - 2018-11-19 8:30 PM

Bulletguy - 2018-11-19 8:17 PM

I am, but you are not it seems....

No whatboutery on my part....i simply opened a thread stating a fact backed with a link. Usual suspect doesn't like that so chucks toys out of his pram and goes off on one totally irrelevant to thread topic. Surprised migrants and refugees haven't been shoe-horned in by now but i suppose there's still time. *-)

antony1969 - 2018-11-19 8:37 PM

Bulletguy - 2018-11-19 8:14 PM

antony1969 - 2018-11-19 7:39 PM

In your own words Ive "been desperately attempting to blame Sadiq" ... So show

Do learn to read and comprehend context...your endless trolling is all very juvenile and tiresome. *-)

I'll translate ...

You can't 'translate' what was never there......only the distortion within your unhinged mind. Comprehend context.....very important.

Bulletguy - 2018-11-19 9:07 PM

No whatboutery on my part....i simply opened a thread stating a fact backed with a link. Usual suspect doesn't like that so chucks toys out of his pram and goes off on one totally irrelevant to thread topic. Surprised migrants and refugees haven't been shoe-horned in by now but i suppose there's still time.

That does about typify your attitude, great when someone agrees with you, rare that it is, great when you expand the conversation to enhance your own point of view, but rubbish if anyone else does.

I leave the shoe horning of immigrants and refugees to those with trucks and boats, but nice if predictable try at changing the subject.

Tracker - 2018-11-19 9:20 PM

Bulletguy - 2018-11-19 9:07 PM

No whatboutery on my part....i simply opened a thread stating a fact backed with a link. Usual suspect doesn't like that so chucks toys out of his pram and goes off on one totally irrelevant to thread topic. Surprised migrants and refugees haven't been shoe-horned in by now but i suppose there's still time.

That does about typify your attitude, great when someone agrees with you, rare that it is, great when you expand the conversation to enhance your own point of view, but rubbish if anyone else does.

I leave the shoe horning of immigrants and refugees to those with trucks and boats, but nice if predictable try at changing the subject.

If you can tell me the relevance of the second post in then i'd be interested to hear it, bearing in mind chain of command, overall accountability/authority, and the then HS statement in the HoC. I'm surprised you seem to have missed the blindingly obvious.

Archived