Huge rise in Cat thefts

John52

... due to scrap metal prices being in hard currency instead of Brexit crash pounds. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-49767195

I was surprised as when I weighed some old car batteries in (50p a kilo) the local scrap dealer wanted several forms of ID and would only pay the money into my bank account. But apparently these laws are not being enforced so some scrap dealers are still paying cash with no proper ID checks as before.

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2019-09-23 6:51 AM

... due to scrap metal prices being in hard currency instead of Brexit crash pounds. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-49767195

I was surprised as when I weighed some old car batteries in (50p a kilo) the local scrap dealer wanted several forms of ID and would only pay the money into my bank account. But apparently these laws are not being enforced so some scrap dealers are still paying cash with no proper ID checks as before.

Apparently? ;-) ............

You have proof of this? :-| ..........

As I had to do the same when I scrapped my bargain banger Rover 600 ;-) ............

Maybe you are just "scrapping the barrel" for anti Brexit Bullsh*t ? >:-) .........

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2019-09-23 10:03 AM

pelmetman - 2019-09-23 9:30 AM

Yep.

Its called common sense.

If they are nicking them on this scale somebody must be buying them.

Or they could be exporting them to some dodgy EU country? >:-) ..........

pelmetman - 2019-09-23 10:06 AM

Yep.

Its called common sense.

If there was an EU country more dodgy than England why would the illegal migrants be coming here?

John52 - 2019-09-23 12:09 PM

Yep.

Its called common sense.

If there was an EU country more dodgy than England why would the illegal migrants be coming here?

So by you're usual, to put it mildly, eccentric waffling, when migrants decide which country to go to, they do their research and select the most dodgy?

Not all illegal migrants end up in the UK. They settle in many other countries, didn't you know that? It would appear then that many other countries must be dodgy as well.

And is it only England that's dodgy? Don't they go to Scotland, Wales and Ireland?

FunsterJohn - 2019-09-23 3:07 PM

Yep.

Its called common sense.

So by you're usual, to put it mildly, eccentric waffling, when migrants decide which country to go to, they do their research and select the most dodgy?

Not all illegal migrants end up in the UK. They settle in many other countries, didn't you know that? It would appear then that many other countries must be dodgy as well.

And is it only England that's dodgy? Don't they go to Scotland, Wales and Ireland?

I've spoken to them first hand when they tried to get into my lorry and they told me they were looking to work in the black economy. Employment in France is more regulated.

John52 - 2019-09-23 6:58 PM

Yep.

Its called common sense.

I've spoken to them first hand when they tried to get into my lorry and they told me they were looking to work in the black economy. Employment in France is more regulated.

Hahaha. Of course you have. 'Why do you want to live in England?' 'Well, we'd like to work in the black economy'. That is so funny!

Firstly, why then did so many of them settle in Germany, Austria and Scandinavia? You seem to be under the Illusion that only 'England' is their destination.

You also don't appear to know one of the main reasons why some of them prefer the UK. You claim to have spoken with them. I presume that you don't speak Arabic or Somalia?

There's a clue there if you had the brains to work it out.

The gentleman is correct, many of them play the 'long game'. Stay in a suitable EU Member country, get citizenship and then they can legally settle anywhere they like in the EU (or elsewhere if they want to).

They will be even more upset than you John52 that the UK is leaving the EU. But they will not be whining as much. :D

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2019-09-23 11:09 AM

Yep.

Its called common sense.

If I were you ;-) .......

I'd go in search of all those bin bags you shat in *-) .......

As you may find the only sensible brain cell you ever possessed (lol) ........

Although I doubt you'll ever find out how to operate it >:-) .............

FunsterJohn - 2019-09-23 6:32 PM

John52 - 2019-09-23 6:58 PM

Yep.

Its called common sense.

Hahaha. Of course you have. 'Why do you want to live in England?' 'Well, we'd like to work in the black economy'. That is so funny!

Firstly, why then did so many of them settle in Germany, Austria and Scandinavia? You seem to be under the Illusion that only 'England' is their destination.

You also don't appear to know one of the main reasons why some of them prefer the UK. You claim to have spoken with them. I presume that you don't speak Arabic or Somalia?

There's a clue there if you had the brains to work it out.

I'm talking about the ones in France trying to get to England illegally. And they spoke English. You can't get more straight from the horse's mouth than that. But you still think you know better *-)

There was also a French Police Officer at the sharp end on TV who said you English need to sort out your black economy. But you think you know better than him as well. Where are you getting this sh*te from? - the Daily Mail?

747 - 2019-09-23 7:38 PM

The gentleman is correct, many of them play the 'long game'. Stay in a suitable EU Member country, get citizenship and then they can legally settle anywhere they like in the EU (or elsewhere if they want to).

They will be even more upset than you John52 that the UK is leaving the EU. But they will not be whining as much. :D

Go on then, give us a laugh :D

If they were legally settled elsewhere in the EU why would they want to come here *-)

747 - 2019-09-24 6:11 PM

Jeez, you really are thick aren't you. *-)

He really is thick! I'll post it again and see if the penny might drop.

'You also don't appear to know one of the main reasons why some of them prefer the UK. You claim to have spoken with them. I presume that you don't speak Arabic or Somalia?

There's a clue there if you had the brains to work it out.'

FunsterJohn - 2019-09-24 8:10 PM

747 - 2019-09-24 6:11 PM

Jeez, you really are thick aren't you. *-)

He really is thick! I'll post it again and see if the penny might drop.

'You also don't appear to know one of the main reasons why some of them prefer the UK. You claim to have spoken with them. I presume that you don't speak Arabic or Somalia?

There's a clue there if you had the brains to work it out.'

But I haven't your kind of brain to work it out. So explain it please.

Archived