I just had yet another Senior Moment. Tell us about yours!

Vixter

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sometimes when I'm concentrating on other things and my computer 'pings' to say that a new email has arrived ... I pick up the phone! 8-)

Oh, and yesterday I had to ring someone back and 'dialed' their number on my computer keyboard instead of dialing it on the phone!!!!!! :$

Somehow I think I'm a bit stressed at work, seeing as it's our financial year end and all hell is breaking loose to get stuff sorted before the dosh is confiscated from the 'old year'!!! Could do with a friendly, intelligent, octopus ... anyone got one I could borrow? (lol)

Set off yesterday morning to take prescription into chemist, sat outside , searched handbag knowing exactly which pocket it was in. Then searched car remembering I had taken it out so I wouldn't forget to go and collect it.

Then remembered 15 year old who never cleans a thing had decided he needed money and would clean the car inside and out, solution - he must have thrown it away!!

Then spent 15 minutes sweating ,waiting for doctors surgery to reopen at 2pm wondering how I was going to get round one of the hilters on the phone who reckon it takes 48 hours to process a repeat prescription .

Victory!!! I got one with a teenage son who knew just what it was like and said could I pick it up tomorrow, now it just happened that it was a pill that needed to be taken every day at a certain time of day , not doing so could result in yet another delinquent son (ladies understand). So with a bit more creeping and laughter at my expense she told me to go in at 5 and she would see what she could do.

Then while chatting to Andy on the phone an hour later, I explain what our wally of a son had done.

"Oh" he said "you mean that one you went for last week in the motor home and left them in there."

Imagine hitlers face when I had to ring back and explain, have to admit I only chose to tell her I had found the prescription , wasn't brave enough to divulge the full tale.

This is a daily basis sort of thing, and I'm not 50 yet!

Mandy

Aww, poor Mandy - that's what having kids does to your brain :D

As for multi-tasking, of course us girlies multi-task, it's just that we are so good at it, usually men don't even notice!

Don't forget the very wise saying:

Behind every great man is a very surprised woman!

Philman - 2007-08-02 10:33 PM I have it on good authority that only the ladies amongst us are capable of multi tasking. Phil.

You're right.

Multi tasking for a lady generally means giving her husband a bo**ocking while at the same time smacking him in the mouth.........

Dancer - 2007-08-02 10:26 PM

One of your early boyfriends Mel ?.

In my experience us 'young' (coff  coff)  men are usually described as octopussies / octopussys?

What about this multi-tasking I keep hearing about.

Isn't it octopi???? Not sure, never met a group of them to ask .... (lol) By the way Dancer, I'd really get the cough seen to, sounds a bit nasty and you can't be too careful at your age .... :D

Philman - 2007-08-06 10:26 PM

Back to octopuses for a moment but according to the OED 'octopi' is not a correct plural.

Phil.

Mr Wikipedia says it is and I quote:

According to various sources, there are up to three forms of the plural of octopus: octopuses, octopi and (rare) octopodes.

Perhaps it American? *-)

Archived