I'm a Celeb when I get out of earrrrrrrrrrrrr

michele

Mike Parke - 2007-11-15 10:31 PM

malc d - 2007-11-15 10:28 PM

How about a new programme:

" I'm not a celebrity, get me off the telly !"

Surely 'I'm not a celebrity, I don't want to be on the 'telly'!!!'

Regards Mike

But they think they ARE celebrities, and they do want to be there.

Who looks at this type of dumbed down TV anyway? I may be wrong, but I always thought that television was about entertainment. The mindless cr*p that is fed to us seems to belie my opinion. Ah well, possibly horse for wassnames I suppose.

Dire dire, utterly dire.

IMHO The very worst sort of dumbed-down, monosyllabic, voyeuristic trash.

And yet it is watched by millions of people.........so what do I know about quality television programming; as apparently this type of "show" is actually what people want.

I really fear for the future of the human species.

BGD - 2007-11-16 9:16 AM

Dire dire, utterly dire.

IMHO The very worst sort of dumbed-down, monosyllabic, voyeuristic trash.

And yet it is watched by millions of people.........so what do I know about quality television programming; as apparently this type of "show" is actually what people want.

I really fear for the future of the human species.

Agreed.

This takes us back to a thread by Icelander on 13 November:

" The whole world is going crazy".

I confess to having watched it in the past, I think it was last year when Mylene Klaas was in it and it was worth watchnig just to see her taking a shower under a waterfall in a little white bikini 8-) 8-) .

This year I'm doing my damnedest to avoid it. It really is car crash TV. Its just like a pile up on the motorway, you know you should be watching the road and getting on with it, you've just spent half an hour in a traffic jam caused by rubber neckers but whe you get to the scene you just can't help looking to see what happened.

D.

Guest Tracker

Never watched even one minute of it - or any other so called 'reality' show other than the bl##dy trailers - but at least I have the MUTE button to help me so at least we do not have to hear it!

Surely using the word 'reality' is a mis-description under the Trades Description Laws?

I confess also i watched the first Myleen Class one and since then I have watched the others .

mainly I watch for the bush tucker trials but this one is beyond the biscuit .

I'm a celebrity I dont know any other than Bobby I dont even know who is Angie dickinson in my day she was an actress ?.

Ops forgot I know who John Burton race is . Brilliant chef

Wogan calls it "I'M A NONENTITY, GET ME OUT OF HERE". I prefer to watch it with the TV turned off. Typical british entertainment, low lifes, drug abusers, Jeremy Kyle, that Springer bloke Big Brother etc etc. I think you would need the IQ of an amoeba to watch it.

Archived