I need men .....

ROON

........ and women, and couples please.

I know that some men ((and possibly) women too but I havn't met one yet without a sense of humour ... we need it to live with the opposite sex ;-) ))might think it beneath them to post on the 'silly' threads but please we do need your input .... where are you all.

These forums are a life-line to a lot of people. None of us know what is going on in the lives of the rest of the members or how important our friendships on these sites are..... we all have something in common here .... sleeping in the cold instead of a cosy bed, cooking on tiny stove instead of an Aga (I wish), banging into the walls and cupboards when we move .... and waking up to beautiful scenery, the sound of birds and so on.

I'm asking if those of you that don't join in the less serious side of Chatterbox will consider joining in, please. It is really hard to keep a forum running and it would be nice to show a bit of support to the mods. Banter is great and makes life interesting, but please join in with the friendly fun bit AS WELL .... don't be TOO good as it would be boring.

Sorry if it sounds like I'm poking my nose in .... but I'm a woman .... cue for a song....

Heavy going this Joy, and not to be recommended as it involves members of this forum to having to use their grey matter.

All forums need a good input of course, but thats down to the individual who will contribute if and when they see fit and whether they find something that appeals or interests them. Only other sites I visit are sports ones, and even though you get to know the other users this one is still the best for getting to know people that share a common interest and still allows you plenty of leeway for banter, jokes, and any subject you care to mention.

Don,t like the odd nasty comments that crop up now and then, but thats life, and its supprising what you learn through the various threads and how others think, even when they go off topic. It can be of great comfort to those with little contact with the outside world, or as in my case, using the written word to compensate for loss of hearing where holding a normal conversation can be difficult to say the least.

Part of the problem is that most subjects have already been covered, and thats why its important that new users are welcomed along with their fresh ideas and outlooks, so perhaps we should make more of an effort to make them feel at home and be just a little more tolerant to views that sometimes don,t match up with our own.

Cue that song.

*-)

Guest Tracker

And why should you be different?

I have so much experience at feeling stupid and childish that I am considering running instruction courses on it!

The only pre requisite is the ability to laugh at oneself, which most of us can do - but there are a few on here that could do with mastering a little bit of humility - mention no names of course (NO dear, NOT you!).

Just keep smiling!

maryowlgirl - 2008-05-15 1:24 PM

well I would but always feel that folk will think i am stupid or a bit childish!!

I don't think you should worry too much about what other people think, certainly those outside your friends and family.

I'm sure the first person to suggest that the world was round was regarded as a complete nutter.

;-) ;-)

Guest Tracker
malc d - 2008-05-15 2:47 PM

I'm sure the first person to claim that the world is flat was regarded as a complete nutter.

;-) ;-)

Wasn't Gordon Brown was it?

I'm sure the first person to suggest that the world was round was regarded as a complete nutter.

;-) ;-)

It's round! 8-) I thought it was flat like a frisby!!!! :->

Howie, I say HOWIE, I'M SHOUTING SO YOU CAN HEAR ME MY SWEET!!!!! YOU'LL FIND IF YOU TAKE YOUR HELMET OFF YOU'LL HEAR BETTER!!!!!! :D

Always amazes me that if people flap their arms about then they think I can hear them better. :-S

HEY MEL, how about fitting those video cam thingys to our putors. You,ll be able to read my lips and be able to see the difference between what i,m writing and what i,m actually saying. Hmm, better not, he he. *-)

Tracker - 2008-05-15 5:27 PM

I'm sure the first person to claim that the world is flat was regarded as a complete nutter.

;-) ;-)

It seems I have been mis-quoted ?

Guest Tracker
malc d - 2008-05-15 10:21 PM

;-) ;-)

Surely that too was Gordon Brown?

Tracker - 2008-05-16 1:37 PM

;-) ;-)

Tracker:

I was of course referring to the fact that YOU misquoted ME.

You don't work for the tabloid media, do you ?

Guest Tracker
malc d - 2008-05-16 3:05 PM

Tracker - 2008-05-16 1:37 PM

;-) ;-)

Tracker:

I was of course referring to the fact that YOU misquoted ME.

You don't work for the paranoid media, do you ?

I don't work - full stop - and you should be ashamed at the very suggestion!

If the whole government was not out to get me - I would not need to be paranoid!

• 2 months later...

Archived