I need some warmth!!!

Mel B

Now then, I need you all to send me some 'mental' warmth, our home boiler has stopped working and it's r*ddy freezing!!! Fortunately we have a gas fire and some electric fan heaters but it's still SOOOOO COLD!!! I'm huddling in the 'study' (posh name for spare room!) with the ceramic heater almost cooking my left leg whilst the other is turning to an ice cube.

So I'm pleading - I need some warmth telepathically sent my way so come on all you hot heads, hot bods and whoever else has hot bits - share your warmth with me before I turn into an ice-pop!

BBBRRRRRRRRRR ....... :-(

Hello Mel B,

Sounds like the best idea, mines parked out on the road less than 15 yards away with new gas bottles to fire up the heater so in a similar situation I would do same.

Best Wishes, boil some water fill a hot water bottle and retire to bed otherwise.

sax

If the pilot light will not stay on, it will probably br the thermocouple. Very easilly replaced and not expensive. Available from B&Q and places like it. Take the old one out and get another or a universal one. If thats what it is it will cost less than £10.

Mel B - 2007-01-22 9:06 PM

So I'm pleading - I need some warmth telepathically sent my way so come on all you hot heads, hot bods and whoever else has hot bits - share your warmth with me before I turn into an ice-pop!

BBBRRRRRRRRRR ....... :-(

We could always start to talk about the C*****n Club. That always seems to generate a bit of heat. >:-)

We had a power cut last week after the storms and were off for 20 hours. Van is parked on the driveway so we went out there to do the cooking.

Hi Mel,

I'm sure there are lots of people on this site thinking of you and wishing you well. If that doesn't work, think about the proposal by MP's to award themselves a massive pay rise to take their basic pay to six figures plus a further six figures for "expenses", then add in the fact that they awarded themselves a massive, best in the country pension deal and it's all at your expense.

Warmed up yet?

Take care.

Bob

mark lambert - 2007-01-23 10:23 AM

My boilers working perfect !and i thought i would just fire up my logburnrer for a little extra heat! I am thinking of you though!!!

take care

choppa :D >:-)

Oh! and i've just had to close the window blinds because the SUN is to bright and is shining on the laptop screen, darn it!!!

Guest starspirit

So sorry to hear of your plight Mel but that's what you get for living so close to Humberside.

It's lovely here in Pembroke with the sun shining so much the heating has gone off and I have to pull the blinds to see the monitor.

However it is a real problem when the sun's glare spoils my view out over the river.

I'm lovely and toasty!!!!!! We managed to establish that the pump had probably given up the ghost seeing as the boiler was coming on then going off after about 20 seconds. Man came and confirmed the diagnosis, got the bit and fitted it - good quality pump so should last another 10-15 years! Cost £97.38 in total, the labour part was £40.00 and seeing as it took him about an hour and a half plus the travelling to get the part not too bad.

Starspirit - wash your mouth out with soap for saying the 'H' word! >:-(

Guest starspirit

Mel dear I was just thinking of you and up you pop, so to speak.

I would offer to help as some on here say that I am a warm and caring person with much warmth to share.

However seeing as how you have fixed it now I am quite safe to make such a cynical offer.

Be warm too.

Archived