Ian Hislop's Fake News: A True History

Bulletguy

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-10-09 6:08 PM

I knew you'd find it a challenge. Did you ever get beyond Look and Learn? :-|

I got stuck at Sodom & Gomorrah :D ..........

I love it here >:-) .......

Bulletguy - 2019-10-09 3:34 PM

Well worth watching this. Ian Hislop explains the long history behind it and shows how easily people are duped.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m00095hv/ian-hislops-fake-news-a-true-history

Thanks for posting the link. Its Very Good. Mad Hatter could learn more from an hour of watching that than 1,000 hours of reading the Daily Mail.

John52 - 2019-10-10 6:31 AM

Well worth watching this. Ian Hislop explains the long history behind it and shows how easily people are duped.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m00095hv/ian-hislops-fake-news-a-true-history

Thanks for posting the link. Its Very Good. Mad Hatter could learn more from an hour of watching that than 1,000 hours of reading the Daily Mail.

The Mad Hatter has the attention span of a gnat though and anything beyond a screechy Wail header or tweet would be too much.

Bulletguy - 2019-10-10 1:48 PM

The Mad Hatter has the attention span of a gnat though and anything beyond a screechy Wail header or tweet would be too much.

You are the one always posting links to newspapers and TV stations that you prefer. As stated on the Ian Hislop programme, people tend to believe anything that they are sympathetic to. So how do you know that YOUR links are genuine and others are not? I don't put up any serious links because I don't trust any of them. Unlike you, I am not gullible. ;-)

747 - 2019-10-10 4:51 PM

You are the one always posting links to newspapers and TV stations that you prefer. As stated on the Ian Hislop programme, people tend to believe anything that they are sympathetic to. So how do you know that YOUR links are genuine and others are not? I don't put up any serious links because I don't trust any of them. Unlike you, I am not gullible. ;-)

It's how the "information" or for precise description, misinformation, is spread. The gullible have faithfully swallowed the lies Johnson, Cummings and Leave EU have perpetuated.....so why would you support them especially since knowing you've been lied to and continue to?

Bulletguy - 2019-10-10 6:07 PM

jumpstart - 2019-10-10 3:03 PM

Ah but not at 6am this morning.

The Guardian report is time stamped five hours prior at 01.11am

Absolutely nothing on their on line site. In fact other than evening standard none covered it as at 6. They then followed the mail. I read all papers on line every morning.

Bulletguy - 2019-10-10 6:19 PM

It's how the "information" or for precise description, misinformation, is spread. The gullible have faithfully swallowed the lies Johnson, Cummings and Leave EU have perpetuated.....so why would you support them especially since knowing you've been lied to and continue to?

Who said I support them and believe what they say?

I have never voted Conservative in my life ... and I will never vote Labour until it moves back to the Centre Left and disbands Momentum.

I voted to leave the EU but want no truck with any of the organisations associated with Brexit.

Guest pelmetman
747 - 2019-10-10 9:19 PM

I have never voted Conservative in my life ... and I will never vote Labour until it moves back to the Centre Left and disbands Momentum.

Boris welcomes sinners of all faiths :D ..........

747 - 2019-10-10 9:19 PM

Bulletguy - 2019-10-10 6:19 PM

Who said I support them and believe what they say?

I voted to leave the EU but want no truck with any of the organisations associated with Brexit.

Who you gonna vote for then? The monster raving Gnome party?

I will have little choice but to vote for the Brexit Party. This is a Labour stronghold where the unemployed (and those with no intention of ever being employed) will vote for the Benefits Party (aka Labour).

Ironically, the Tories look the better option for Government when placed alongside Labour and the Brexit Party. If I thought Nigels Party had the remotest chance of winning a GE, I would not touch them with a bargepole. Politics is getting very complicated these days. 8-)

747 - 2019-10-11 1:24 PM

I will have little choice but to vote for the Brexit Party. This is a Labour stronghold where the unemployed (and those with no intention of ever being employed) will vote for the Benefits Party (aka Labour).

Ironically, the Tories look the better option for Government when placed alongside Labour and the Brexit Party. If I thought Nigels Party had the remotest chance of winning a GE, I would not touch them with a bargepole. Politics is getting very complicated these days. 8-)

But you said you "want no truck with any of the organisations associated with Brexit." I think the name "Brexit party" is a bit of a giveaway you know. (lol)

You do of course realise they are campaigning on an over the cliff no deal ticket?

Your right though. Its complicated. LibDems probably have no chance where I am and I might have to vote Labour to stop the Tories but then again the Tory candidate as I think you pointed out is smoking hot which kind of overrides any principles I might have. (lol)

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2019-10-11 1:57 PM

747 - 2019-10-11 1:24 PM

But you said you "want no truck with any of the organisations associated with Brexit." I think the name "Brexit party" is a bit of a giveaway you know. (lol)

You do of course realise they are campaigning on an over the cliff no deal ticket?

Your right though. Its complicated. LibDems probably have no chance where I am and I might have to vote Labour to stop the Tories but then again the Tory candidate as I think you pointed out is smoking hot which kind of overrides any principles I might have. (lol)

Complicated? :-S ........

It's only complicated for the Labour Lemmings like Bullet & Co (lol) (lol) (lol) ........

Archived