If These Two Clowns Oppose It ...

Birdbrain

Our democracy, whatever its faults, currently works on the basis that the Government has to keep its majority of MPs on side and although there strikes me as more than a little hypocracy skulling around at the moment, Boris does need to sell his ideas, including why the agreement he said so recently was not a real threat of a border dividing the Union is now suddendly important enough to justify reneaging on the Withdrawal Agreement we signed up to. Tony Blair may be completely discredited and John Major may be simply a persistent Remainer but Teresa May and the whole of the UK legal establishment seem to be up in arms as well. I also understand that our Government needs to play hardball to get the trade agreement with the EU agreed without, for example, the French grabbing permant entitlement to British fishing rights out of it.

And I understand that the New IRA are probably already well prepared and are itching to start shooting again anyway to acheive a united Ireland sooner or later and there is always going to be a threat of that sort which was only temporaily suppressed by the Friday Agreement - but what exactly is the new post-Brexit threat to the flow of food and goods within the UK and why is there no way of coping with it within the Withdrawal Agreement which we signed?

StuartO - 2020-09-13 8:32 AM

Our democracy, whatever its faults, currently works on the basis that the Government has to keep its majority of MPs on side and although there strikes me as more than a little hypocracy skulling around at the moment, Boris does need to sell his ideas, including why the agreement he said so recently was not a real threat of a border dividing the Union is now suddendly important enough to justify reneaging on the Withdrawal Agreement we signed up to. Tony Blair may be completely discredited and John Major may be simply a persistent Remainer but Teresa May and the whole of the UK legal establishment seem to be up in arms as well. I also understand that our Government needs to play hardball to get the trade agreement with the EU agreed without, for example, the French grabbing permant entitlement to British fishing rights out of it.

And I understand that the New IRA are probably already well prepared and are itching to start shooting again anyway to acheive a united Ireland sooner or later and there is always going to be a threat of that sort which was only temporaily suppressed by the Friday Agreement - but what exactly is the new post-Brexit threat to the flow of food and goods within the UK and why is there no way of coping with it within the Withdrawal Agreement which we signed?

People need to remember that this is "HIS" (Theresa's really) deal. This is his "Oven ready Brexit" deal. You know, the one he got elected on. It was a superb deal back in 2019 and in January apparently. Now its not anymore. Well the truth is it never was a good deal. It does indeed leave us tied to the EU and was never a good deal for the UK. Johnson has to smash it up and somehow try and blame the EU for its failure otherwise it will soon become apparent what a crap deal it is.

In doing so of course he will shatter the peace in Northern Ireland, trash the economy and probably break up the United Kingdom. All that will matter to Johnson though is he pleases his Brexit masters and manages to steer the blame away from himself. However I cannot see (right now) in a million years how he will get away with it but look at his track record over the past four and a half years. He has somehow managed to con the entire nation and pull off an 80 seat majority so anything is possible.

Barryd999 - 2020-09-13 11:16 AM

People need to remember that this is "HIS" (Theresa's really) deal. This is his "Oven ready Brexit" deal. You know, the one he got elected on. It was a superb deal back in 2019 and in January apparently. Now its not anymore. Well the truth is it never was a good deal. It does indeed leave us tied to the EU and was never a good deal for the UK. Johnson has to smash it up and somehow try and blame the EU for its failure otherwise it will soon become apparent what a crap deal it is.

In doing so of course he will shatter the peace in Northern Ireland, trash the economy and probably break up the United Kingdom. All that will matter to Johnson though is he pleases his Brexit masters and manages to steer the blame away from himself. However I cannot see (right now) in a million years how he will get away with it but look at his track record over the past four and a half years. He has somehow managed to con the entire nation and pull off an 80 seat majority so anything is possible.

That strikes me as an exaggerated and baseless view of the situation and it boils down to crude Boris-bashing without any sensible thinking. Try again please. I'm sure you can do better than that if you try.

StuartO - 2020-09-13 1:36 PM

Barryd999 - 2020-09-13 11:16 AM

That strikes me as an exaggerated and baseless view of the situation and it boils down to crude Boris-bashing without any sensible thinking. Try again please. I'm sure you can do better than that if you try.

What other reason can there be? In order to "get Brexit done" and get elected he had to have a deal. So he took Theresa's deal which was a bad deal and the only thing he changed was the bit that both him and Theresa are on record for saying no PM would ever do which was to split NI from the UK with a border down the Irish sea. I think at the time many of us said he would likely try to row back on that but he wouldn't be able to as it was enshrined in international law.

I honestly believe that he knows full well that his oven ready Brexit will be a flop once people realise just how bad it is so he is attempting to break it and shift the blame. If the EU or the pesky remoaners or Labour can be blamed for his deal going south nobody will ever know how bad it actually was and they wont blame Johnson.

Lets face it, he has a track record for deceit, U turns and being a serial liar. It might sound like "Boris Bashing" but that doesnt mean its not the truth.

Birdbrain - 2020-09-13 6:44 AM

... I is all for or it boss ... https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-54135231 ... Donuts

I suppose you have to form your opinion like that when you are too lazy or thick to understand the issues yourself. :-S

I don't trust Tory Bliar or John Major either, but even a stopped clock is right twice a day, and they are right about this.

Barryd999 - 2020-09-13 2:18 PM

....he knows full well that his oven ready Brexit will be a flop once people realise just how bad it is so he is attempting to break it and shift the blame. If the EU or the pesky remoaners or Labour can be blamed for his deal going south nobody will ever know how bad it actually was and they wont blame Johnson.

Exactly.

So what can the opposition do?

Easiest thing would be to let BoJo have his way, so they can blame him when it goes bad.

But if they put the country before their careers, which is easier for Lords to do when their career is over, they will try and stop him.

Damned if they do, and damned if they don't :-S

John52 - 2020-09-13 5:12 PM

Easiest thing would be to let BoJo have his way, so they can blame him when it goes bad.

But if they put the country before their careers, which is easier for Lords to do when their career is over, they will try and stop him.

Starmer is in the Torygraph today and says he will sign the bill providing certain conditions are met, like maybe not breaking international law. He is way too clever for Johnson and the Tories. I think its pointless trying to stop them. Johnsons majority is too great. Just give them their own rope. Labour, the EU and the remainers have nothing to do with it now. We just need to make sure they dont get away with shifting the blame to anyone else when it all goes tities up.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2020-09-13 5:16 PM

Starmer is in the Torygraph today and says he will sign the bill providing certain conditions are met, like maybe not breaking international law. He is way too clever for Johnson and the Tories. I think its pointless trying to stop them. Johnsons majority is too great. Just give them their own rope. Labour, the EU and the remainers have nothing to do with it now. We just need to make sure they dont get away with shifting the blame to anyone else when it all goes tities up.

All Queer Stammer has proved is he's a typical sneaky lawyer perverting situations and words to suit his agenda *-) ........

He's just another Tony Blair 8-) .........

pelmetman - 2020-09-13 6:16 PM

All Queer Stammer has proved is he's a typical sneaky lawyer perverting situations and words to suit his agenda *-) ........

Perverting situations and words to suit his agenda you say? Example?

At least every word that comes out of his mouth is not a lie which seems to be the case with Johnson. Jury is still out for me to be honest. Tony Blair did win a massive majority though and was in power for three terms (ten years). Dont reckon Johnson will last that long.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2020-09-13 6:40 PM

At least every word that comes out of his mouth is not a lie which seems to be the case with Johnson. Jury is still out for me to be honest. Tony Blair did win a massive majority though and was in power for three terms (ten years). Dont reckon Johnson will last that long.

Lawyers don't lie? 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) .........

(lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) .......

Oh dear, I fear Joke52 may need a top up >:-) >:-) >:-) >:-) ........

115263127_43S46P8giggle.jpg.f4d3c16098117d69bbc76337332effd0.jpg

P1010899.JPG.84776f96b22d24cfb5a932c242f8fabf.JPG

Waldorf.jpg.f3e1528385cc7bfe31a2f6ada3fa0674.jpg

Well Pelmet.......where are these examples? Is a silly slogan, photo of a tin can, and Brian Kirbys photograph the best you can come up with? Incidentally you've been told before but still post it, that's Brian Kirbys personal photograph thereby he owns the copyright. Have you asked his permission to use it........i don't think you have, have you?

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2020-09-13 7:40 PM

Well Pelmet.......where are these examples? Is a silly slogan, photo of a tin can, and Brian Kirbys photograph the best you can come up with? Incidentally you've been told before but still post it, that's Brian Kirbys personal photograph thereby he owns the copyright. Have you asked his permission to use it........i don't think you have, have you?

Did you not read my small print ;-) .........

Any images that appear to represent forum users is purely coincidental :D ........

Other Loony Lefty Loser images are available on the tintenet >:-) ........

maxresdefaultmuttley.thumb.jpg.9da8d183b426ffafa2108abfe0f95a01.jpg

Statler_and_Waldorf.jpg.d7dee17b412c5e992b1fb0001bee4b41.jpg

P1010992.JPG.af20c086bcfd500ade7e06abcbe45f66.JPG

1575725326_43S46P8giggle.jpg.e576ce7defe5cd109ac56d9b3f2a4f7c.jpg

1774691212_P1020149Battleensign.JPG.19329dc3a1444587585cc2e0ca985881.JPG

pelmetman - 2020-09-13 8:04 PM

Any images that appear to represent forum users is purely coincidental :D ........

It's not about your small print......it's what the forum content standards say and i suggest you read 15.4.6 and 15.4.12

The smart thing to do would be to delete that photograph and not use it again.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2020-09-13 8:16 PM

It's not about your small print......it's what the forum content standards say and i suggest you read 15.4.6 and 15.4.12

Yeah I've read it.............Apparently your not supposed to abuse me ;-) ........

maxresdefaultmuttley.thumb.jpg.5bcd5b0d5dd00d41e56dcd6a78f55364.jpg

pelmetman - 2020-09-13 8:23 PM

Bulletguy - 2020-09-13 8:16 PM

Yeah I've read it.............Apparently your not supposed to abuse me ;-) ........

I don't. As with your boyfriend you like dishing it out but not when it comes back at you. You should think first just as you should over using Brians photo. Wise up.

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2020-09-13 9:00 PM

All Queer Stammer has proved is he's a typical sneaky lawyer perverting situations and words to suit his agenda *-).

I suppose its necessary to point out that you are the one doing that by calling him that name

I suppose its necessary to point out what happened last time a sneaky lawyer was in charge of Labour ;-) ......

Have you conveniently forgotton the illegal war Blair started? >:-) .........

maxresdefaultmuttley.thumb.jpg.3bb62feb1bb071881dee4725eab7bffb.jpg

Archived