In the out box

Mick H.

When you go to your in box and write a message to a mod. and it appears in your outbox does that mean it's been sent, cos not having received a reply, albeit it's only two days, I just wondered if there was anything else I had to do.

Mick H.

bootbags - 2008-07-27 1:46 PM

Out box - yes sent. No reply probably means the recipient is away in his/her MH!

:-D

Thats ok then, It was that I wasn't too sure that once I took it out the in box and put it in the outbox whether or not it was out or I had to send it out the out box so that it was in.

Mick H. - 2008-07-27 1:42 PM When you go to your in box and write a message to a mod. and it appears in your outbox does that mean it's been sent, cos not having received a reply, albeit it's only two days, I just wondered if there was anything else I had to do. Mick H.
Actually you got me  thinking about this again and I went to my own In Box. I have a message sitting in my OUT BOX which was a thank you note following registration confirmation which I had been sent, but then it should be sitting in my sent items. If it is still in your outbox I would send again and see what happens, I am going to do the same with mine - just in case I thought I had sent it and hadn't. Now I am sure that has made things very clear.

Mick, Just had a look at inbox. I too have a message showing as Outbox (1) When I looked in my messages sent, it does not show there. Odd!

Probably need to go to a mod. to get a sensible answer rather than these Sunday afternoon ramblings on a very hot day. Whoever gets the answer first we can let each other know.

bootbags - 2008-07-27 2:59 PM

Mick, Just had a look at inbox. I too have a message showing as Outbox (1) When I looked in my messages sent, it does not show there. Odd!

Two messages in out box nothing other than old ones which I thought I had deleted in sent box.

messages are held in your outbox until the intended recipient elects to receive them - at which time they move into your sent box.

You can edit [i think] and certainly delete anything in your outbox if you want to

if the recipient has the ioption to receive notification of messages turned on they will be aware that a message is there when they access their e-mail account - although you can still delete the message - they will be aware that you've tried to send one.

OK??

hth

B-)

twooks - 2008-07-27 6:14 PM messages are held in your outbox until the intended recipient elects to receive them - at which time they move into your sent box. You can edit [i think] and certainly delete anything in your outbox if you want to if the recipient has the ioption to receive notification of messages turned on they will be aware that a message is there when they access their e-mail account - although you can still delete the message - they will be aware that you've tried to send one. OK?? hth B-)
Thanks twooks, that solves that one. It would also make sense as the message in my outbox was only a courtesy 'thanks' to the admin. in response to my registration. I will delete it

Archived