Interesting excuses/reasons?

LordThornber

A floor covering technician, aka a carpet fitter, was due to fit the floor covering in the bathroom tomorrow.

He's just rang to ask if he could fit it Wed instead due to..

The fact that he lives on a barge and because of all the frost and rain his shower isn't working and the plumber can only fix it tomorrow.

You really couldn't make that up could you?

Can you beat it, I bet someone can 8-)

Martyn

Malc, I'm not questioning his integrity, just interested in his reason, if I'm being honest, (and I am), I suspect he was telling the truth, it's just the bizarre, (to me), nature of his reason that got me thinking.

Ria, me? DIY? Thers's more chance of a Fiat going backwards.. :D

Martyn

Well at least he did phone up to explain the reason for the delay and ask if the wednesday would be alright Martyn, a courtesy sadly lacking with many of todays tradesmen, and as for the excuse, its so unusual it must be true.

Some years ago I asked for a quote and measurements taken for full double glazing throughout the house. Appointment was made, but no sign of the rep. Phoned a few times and finally gave up and had another firm do the job. Shortly after read of the original firm going bust and owing thousands to customers who had either paid in full or deposits, but the galling part was that they were still taking orders and money the day before they folded even though they must have known the situation.

Just for the record I would never pay up front for any work to be done, and only when its all finished and satisfactory. A lot of firms will not accept this, but many will, and they are the ones you should do business with.

Only a bit of carpet for the bathroom Martyn and agree with Ria that you should do it yourself.

Archived