Iran shoots down its own............

Guest pelmetman

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2020-01-10 9:48 AM

Well there was some doubt.

But if the Mad Hatter has seen it in the Daily Mail it must be true *-)

Has Corbyn accepted his chum's pulled the trigger? :-| ...........

pelmetman - 2020-01-10 11:03 AM

From someone who said he wasn’t going to keep talking about Corbyn....!

jumpstart - 2020-01-10 3:13 PM

I don't think Dave realises that the election was last month, and Boris Johnson won - so he doesn't really need to keep on giving everyone reasons not to vote for Corbyn any more.

Corbyn is now well past his sell-by date.

;-)

colin - 2020-01-10 5:27 PM

If it's as seems I wonder what has happened to those who fired the missile, will they already be in an unmarked grave, or will they be given medals like the US gave to those who shot down an airliner.

If they are in an unmarked grave maybe in years to come Jeremy can find where the grave is and lay another wreath ... He delivers for Interflora

colin - 2020-01-10 6:27 PM

If it's as seems I wonder what has happened to those who fired the missile, will they already be in an unmarked grave, or will they be given medals like the US gave to those who shot down an airliner.

That is a disgraceful lie and can only have come from someone with rabid anti-American views. No one on the Vicennes was awarded a medal for shooting down the Iranian airliner. Several men were rewarded for completing the entire tour, which was a very dangerous assignment coming as it did in the midst of the Iran-Iraq war in a dangerous stretch of water.

If anyone could be blamed it was the captain, not any of his crew, who did what they were ordered to do under the impression that their target was a warplane.

However, these incidents highlight the difference between the US and a wicked theocracy. I have no doubt that the latest incident, if the plane was shot down, was unintentional, just as the American's was all those years ago. However, the reaction from the USA was markedly different from that of Iran today. Iran seems to be doing everything it can to frustrate investigation, whereas with days, Reagan admitted the mistake, give his country's sincere apologies and paid tens of millions in compensation.

Your appalling accusation, which is without any merit, does you no credit.

There seem to be four possibilities.

1 It was shot down.

2 It was terrorism.

3 It was a hitherto unknown type of engine failure.

4 It was someone with a camping stove making a brew, and it all went horribly wrong.

5 Meteorite strike.

1 Seems the most likely.

2 Must remain a possibility if 1 is disproved.

3 Seems highly improbable on present "evidence".

4 Seems even more highly improbable.

5 Seems even more even more improbable.

Given the loss of life, most (if not all) of whom were, in terms of middle east conflicts, non-combatants, where on earth does the left-right squabble of UK politics come in?

Some kind of enquiry will take place, at the end of which some kind of conclusion will be drawn. You presently know nothing, so, instead of dancing on 176 graves, why not just wait quietly to see what eventually emerges?

malc d - 2020-01-10 4:23 PM

I don't think Dave realises that the election was last month, and Boris Johnson won - so he doesn't really need to keep on giving everyone reasons not to vote for Corbyn any more.

;-)

Yes but Dave is still going to need JC as a distraction from BoJo's Porky Blunders

Every time BoJo crashes the pound or a factory closes, it will be 'Corbyn would have been worse' *-)

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2020-01-10 6:45 PM

malc d - 2020-01-10 4:23 PM

;-)

Yes but Dave is still going to need JC as a distraction from BoJo's Porky Blunders

Every time BoJo crashes the pound or a factory closes, it will be 'Corbyn would have been worse' *-)

Nah ;-) ...........

Corbyn would have been MUCH MUCH worse 8-) ........

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2020-01-10 7:13 PM

jumpstart - 2020-01-10 3:15 PM

Pretty clear in the film it was a missile.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-51062369

Don’t need a driving license to see that ....eh Birdy?

Movies & Photos can be manipulated :-S

When was the last time mechanical failure caused a airliner to explode in flight? :-| .........

jumpstart - 2020-01-10 8:20 PM

What can’t be manipulated?

It's actually very difficult to manipulate video without a chance of it being discovered. But that's not happened here. Do you really think that if someone had deliberately altered this video that no one would eventually talk?

The US would not dare risk a deliberate lie using false evidence. Read this please.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/09/video/iran-plane-missile.html

I can guarantee though that if a video showed that the UK or the USA had been guilty of something, the likes of John52 would not be questioning its authenticity. They take every opportunity, just like the Right Dishonourable Jeremy Corbyn MP, 2 A Levels (Grade E) 2 General Elections (Failed) who will side with our enemies at every opportunity, and even work for the most odious of regimes if he can trouser a few quid.

FunsterJohn - 2020-01-10 6:36 PM

That is a disgraceful lie and can only have come from someone with rabid anti-American views. No one on the Vicennes was awarded a medal for shooting down the Iranian airliner. Several men were rewarded for completing the entire tour, which was a very dangerous assignment coming as it did in the midst of the Iran-Iraq war in a dangerous stretch of water.

If anyone could be blamed it was the captain, not any of his crew, who did what they were ordered to do under the impression that their target was a warplane.

However, these incidents highlight the difference between the US and a wicked theocracy. I have no doubt that the latest incident, if the plane was shot down, was unintentional, just as the American's was all those years ago. However, the reaction from the USA was markedly different from that of Iran today. Iran seems to be doing everything it can to frustrate investigation, whereas with days, Reagan admitted the mistake, give his country's sincere apologies and paid tens of millions in compensation.

Several of my family have American citizenship, I have many American friends, I certainly don't have "rabid anti American views", but I suppose those with a blinkered view of the world might think so.

I have no problem with the majority of the crew who where given tour medals. I do have an issue with the air warfare coordinator who was awarded the Navy Commendation Medal for this tour, and the Captain who was awarded the Legion of Merit for the tour.

I can find no similar awards given to the captains of the US ships which detected the airliner and correctly identified it as such, in fact the captain of USS Sides destroyed his career by commenting that the shooting had been avoidable.

pelmetman - 2020-01-10 7:22 PM

When was the last time mechanical failure caused a airliner to explode in flight? :-| .........

Dunno

Concorde?

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2020-01-10 7:55 PM

Dunno

Concorde?

It exploded when it crashed.........not in the air :-| ........

John52 - 2020-01-10 8:55 PM

Dunno

Concorde?

It was not mechanical failure. Debris on the runway was picked up by the wheels and punctured a fuel tank. You could have found this in two minutes using Google.

colin - 2020-01-10 8:37 PM

FunsterJohn - 2020-01-10 6:36 PM

Several of my family have American citizenship, I have many American friends, I certainly don't have "rabid anti American views", but I suppose those with a blinkered view of the world might think so.

I have no problem with the majority of the crew who where given tour medals. I do have an issue with the air warfare coordinator who was awarded the Navy Commendation Medal for this tour, and the Captain who was awarded the Legion of Merit for the tour.

I can find no similar awards given to the captains of the US ships which detected the airliner and correctly identified it as such, in fact the captain of USS Sides destroyed his career by commenting that the shooting had been avoidable.

Your implication was clear, which was that American servicemen were given medals for shooting down an unarmed civilian aircraft. That is a despicable lie. No one was given a medal for this which was, as the Iranians' actions may prove to be, a dreadful mistake. Neither country has anything to gain and everything to lose by such an action.

Archived