Is "haters" a stupid word?

Bulletguy

Random selection from the 92%.

"This is a totally retarded expression and used by total retards only. It sounds like something a little crybaby would say just because they can’t get their way. I actually see grown-ups using it online and I just think oh my God you need to get some serious help."

"Calling someone a "hater" is a silencing tactic used by idiots who really have no argument."

"The word "hater" is a pretentious word used by insecure people who cannot handle criticism. It's used by those who are trying too hard to be tough and independent, acting like they do not care, and need a word to label those who disagree with them."

" Usually uneducated people lacking total self awareness use this word. Yes, there are real "haters" out there, but most people use it to attack those who disagree with them. Ie. "Oh you don't like my favorite flavor of ice cream?? You're a hater! "

"Usually the people who use this word are really angry and more filled with hate than the people they are accusing."

"It is precisely the people who try to legitimize the use of the word "haters" who also always deserve to be hated. It is just a weak way to deflect admitting any faults or shortcomings or to simply seek pity from others for something that usually is fully within their sphere of influence."

"Hater is an IRONICALLY HATEFUL ad hominem used by imbeciles confronted by valid criticism and who have nothing to say except whine about it being mean."

Bulletguy - 2020-01-06 8:05 PM

"This is a totally retarded expression and used by total retards only. It sounds like something a little crybaby would say just because they can’t get their way. I actually see grown-ups using it online and I just think oh my God you need to get some serious help."

"Calling someone a "hater" is a silencing tactic used by idiots who really have no argument."

"The word "hater" is a pretentious word used by insecure people who cannot handle criticism. It's used by those who are trying too hard to be tough and independent, acting like they do not care, and need a word to label those who disagree with them."

" Usually uneducated people lacking total self awareness use this word. Yes, there are real "haters" out there, but most people use it to attack those who disagree with them. Ie. "Oh you don't like my favorite flavor of ice cream?? You're a hater! "

"Usually the people who use this word are really angry and more filled with hate than the people they are accusing."

"It is precisely the people who try to legitimize the use of the word "haters" who also always deserve to be hated. It is just a weak way to deflect admitting any faults or shortcomings or to simply seek pity from others for something that usually is fully within their sphere of influence."

"Hater is an IRONICALLY HATEFUL ad hominem used by imbeciles confronted by valid criticism and who have nothing to say except whine about it being mean."

Whoever wrote that was probably talking about you.

I don't know if you have a mental illness or a personality defect but there is definitely something wrong with you.

747 - 2020-01-06 8:36 PM

I don't know if you have a mental illness or a personality defect but there is definitely something wrong with you.

Ah come on ...don’t be so modest...I’m sure your in there as well.

747 - 2020-01-06 8:36 PM

Hes a hater ... Simple as ... Imagine being so full of hate you trawl the internet looking for material like that over a word I use ??? ... Mind rather that than putting out publicly details of where I live ... BBBA , Bullet Bunny Boiler Alarm !!!

Guest pelmetman
Fast Pat - 2020-01-06 9:23 PM

I'm just amused at how easily s**teforbrains fell into Bullets trap.

Say's Paddy the Brit hater (lol) (lol) (lol) ...........

Hatred is extreme disliking, to the point of wanting to destroy, or kill, the object of hatred. It is a perfectly sensible word - when used to describe an emotion of that strength. Instead, it is far too often substituted for "dislike", so devaluing its true meaning.

Calling someone a "hater" (the person who is alleged to hate someone/something), is frequently used as a form of intimidation, to try to coerce them to cease expressing their dislike of whoever/whatever. When used in that way it is a bullying, transparently exaggerated, hyperbolic usage, most often employed defensively by people who themselves frequently express hatred, but wish to persuade others that they are completely reasonable.

Generally this attempted defence is usually painfully obvious to all but the "closet" hater, so no-one else is the slightest influenced. Oddly, the closet haters seem oblivious to the failure of their ploy, and continue using it. :-D

This is, of course, a general, academic, impersonal observation, in the course of making which no animals were harmed!

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2020-01-07 6:28 PM

Generally this attempted defence is usually painfully obvious to all but the "closet" hater, so no-one else is the slightest influenced. Oddly, the closet haters seem oblivious to the failure of their ploy, and continue using it. :-D

Is that you coming out of your closet Brian? :D ........

pelmetman - 2020-01-07 6:31 PM

Is that you coming out of your closet Brian? :D ........

Wonder if old Brian can give us a similar sermon on the use of the words racist and Islamaphobe which get used regularly here in the cellar ... Maybe draw us some pictures to help explain

Hatred is extreme disliking, to the point of wanting to destroy, or kill, the object of hatred. It is a perfectly sensible word - when used to describe an emotion of that strength. Instead, it is far too often substituted for "dislike", so devaluing its true meaning.

Calling someone a "hater" (the person who is alleged to hate someone/something), is frequently used as a form of intimidation, to try to coerce them to cease expressing their dislike of whoever/whatever. When used in that way it is a bullying, transparently exaggerated, hyperbolic usage, most often employed defensively by people who themselves frequently express hatred, but wish to persuade others that they are completely reasonable.

This is, of course, a general, academic, impersonal observation, in the course of making which no animals were harmed!

It's use on forums seems to have grown over the past few years and i think both those links explain perfectly it's intent and the behaviour behind it.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2020-01-07 6:49 PM

It's use on forums seems to have grown over the past few years and i think both those links explain perfectly it's intent and the behaviour behind it.

According to BK's Botty Totty (lol) (lol) (lol) ........

" Haters " is the opposite of " lovers " - so 'haters ' is clearly not a stupid word.

It's just often used stupidly ( and inappropriately ) on todays social media.

;-)

Birdbrain - 2020-01-07 6:40 PM...……………...Wonder if old Brian can give us a similar sermon on the use of the words racist and Islamaphobe which get used regularly here in the cellar ... Maybe draw us some pictures to help explain

You don't really want that, do you? :-D Sorry to say though that pictures won't help in either case.

Brian Kirby - 2020-01-08 5:45 PM

Birdbrain - 2020-01-07 6:40 PM...……………...Wonder if old Brian can give us a similar sermon on the use of the words racist and Islamaphobe which get used regularly here in the cellar ... Maybe draw us some pictures to help explain

You don't really want that, do you? :-D Sorry to say though that pictures won't help in either case.

Go on princess be a devil ... Explain away ... You know you want to

Birdbrain - 2020-01-08 6:15 PM

Oh, alright then. :-D

Racist: https://tinyurl.com/yg6byaan

Islamophobe: https://tinyurl.com/ydwp3j98 The reference is for Islamophobia: an Islamophobe being the person who suffers from that state of mind. Can't your computer connect to dictionaries etc.? Most can! :-D

Brian Kirby - 2020-01-08 6:48 PM

Birdbrain - 2020-01-08 6:15 PM

Oh, alright then. :-D

Racist: https://tinyurl.com/yg6byaan

Islamophobe: https://tinyurl.com/ydwp3j98 The reference is for Islamophobia: an Islamophobe being the person who suffers from that state of mind. Can't your computer connect to dictionaries etc.? Most can! :-D

Well done you ... I just knew you wouldnt let down your worshippers

Archived