Is it too early to start partying?

davenewellhome

Next weekend our son is taking his girlfriend up to a log cabin in Snowdonia for her birthday (romantic little twonk aint he?) so we've got the house to ourselves. I suggested last night to SWMBLT (She Who Must Be Listened To) that we could have a party next Saturday for our little gang of local friends to which she replied "its too early for Christmas parties".

So my question to you all is, is it ever too early to party?

D.

Dave - of course not.

Sometimes it's too late to party. But never too early.

Live for NOW, 'cos you never know what's round the next corner; so just do it matey!

Pay my flights, and I'll do the Live Music Show for ya!

:-D

About 30 years ago I remember a book called "Today's the Day," packed full of pointless anniversaries (eg "invention of Wellington Boot"), some for each day of the year. I suppose it's out of print now, but it'd certainly provide the excuses some of you seem to need for a party whenever you want one!

Incidentally, around here one thing they don't need an excuse for is setting off fireworks - it happens quite randomly, all year round.

Tony

BGD - 2007-11-25 1:18 PM

Dave - of course not.

Sometimes it's too late to party. But never too early.

Live for NOW, 'cos you never know what's round the next corner; so just do it matey!

Pay my flights, and I'll do the Live Music Show for ya!

:-D

Bruce that's very nearly an offer I'd take. Perhaps next year and I'll hire a hall as ours is only a small house and we can't fit everyone in :-D

D.

Any trime is party time.

(lol)

WE ( 9 of us) had a great party last night. Good hotel in Maidstone, really helpful management, wonderful meal, plenty of good wines to selct from list, after dinner drinks flowed well. B-)

Spent hours, chatting about where we had been this year and plans for the next. Photos circulated as reminders and discussions on the merits of numerous places to recommend. (^)

Adjourned to bed at about mindnight. Slept well.

Breakfast found us commenting on the enjoyment of being togerther the previous evening, and promisiing to do it again, elsewhere.

OK, no dancing ot party games, but nevertheless, a party of fun filled moments in good company with no direct criticsms of anyone we have met in past years. Convivial ? *-)

Sounds like a whole different kind of 'partying' ;-)

Any way we had a little party yesterday afternoon to celibrate getting electic connected to bungalow, I must have got it about right as nothing went up in smoke! GF's sister brought out a chocy cake with sparklers in 'for the sparky' :-D

davenewell@home - 2007-11-25 5:34 PM

SWMBLT has come up with a better idea that I'm not allowed to mention in polite company :$ so the party's off till another date.

D.

Ooo-er Dave, you'd better get your leather polish out chuck and practice your knot tying!!!! :$

We party whenever the mood takes us, haveing several parties a year

Tuesday night is the next one when we switch on the Christmas lights.

Only a small affair this time though, so far, the boss has invited about 20/25 people.

We have two patio heaters going and two table top heaters, maybe a gazebo up too

Lee has invited two of the lovely barmaids that he fancies from our local.

Jan does a great soup served in large cups, hot meat and gravy in buns plus all the usual buffet stuff. Loads of drinks available

Usually lasts until after midnight

Archived