It Really Really Was Made Perfectly Clear Wasn't It

Birdbrain

Birdbrain - 2019-07-19 6:15 AM

No getting confused in what our PM said way back then ...

... The only ones who didn't understand or think he meant something else are our treacherous MPs and the haters ... They'll hate till they drop ... How sad ... Hate not hope

Can't play that in my browser.

But certainly no getting confused about the lie written on the side of the Brexit bus. A promise the Brexiteers cannot keep. They voted to save £350 million a week and give it to the NHS *-)

pelmetman - 2019-07-19 9:18 AM

Exactly :D ........

Roll on the 31st of October B-) ........

Mad Hatter must be the only one who understands less about the practicalities of leaving the EU than Boris Johnson. :D

..... leaving such 'details' to others. *-)

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2019-07-19 9:26 AM

... The only ones who didn't understand or think he meant something else are our treacherous MPs and the haters ... They'll hate till they drop ... How sad ... Hate not hope

But certainly no getting confused about the lie written on the side of the Brexit bus.

Come the next GE I suspect Brexit voting Labour voters will remember the LIES in Corbyn's manifesto >:-) .........

pelmetman - 2019-07-19 9:30 AM

But certainly no getting confused about the lie written on the side of the Brexit bus.

Come the next GE I suspect Brexit voting Labour voters will remember the LIES in Corbyn's manifesto >:-) .........

Changing the subject is a sure sign of having lost the argument :D

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2019-07-19 9:33 AM

Changing the subject is a sure sign of having lost the argument :D

The subject is Brexit is it not? ;-) ..........

I see you've got let out again :D .........What did you get recalled for? >:-) .........

pelmetman - 2019-07-19 9:39 AM

I see you've got let out again :D .........What did you get recalled for? >:-) .........

... and there you go changing the subject again :D

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2019-07-19 9:48 AM

pelmetman - 2019-07-19 9:39 AM

... and there you go changing the subject again :D

Well you never did say why you got locked up? ;-) .......

Might be useful if you linked to these manifesto "lies" rather than deflecting from the factual point John made. You do realise the day of reckoning will come where all Brexit voters will be held to account and forced to deliver on promises with no excuses left and no more blame shifting.

Bulletguy - 2019-07-19 11:31 AM

Brexit voters will be held to account and forced to deliver on promises with no excuses left and no more blame shifting.

IF things do go badly after Brexit I doubt if you will find many people who will admit to voting for it .

:-|

Might be useful if you linked to these manifesto "lies" rather than deflecting from the factual point John made. You do realise the day of reckoning will come where all Brexit voters will be held to account and forced to deliver on promises with no excuses left and no more blame shifting.

Just open Tweetie Pie's OP link, and scroll down the responses until you get to the one with LBC's James O'Briens interview. It's here (I hope! :-)) if you can't open Tweetie's link: http://tinyurl.com/y2uhhlhh It works foe me - honest! :-D

It's 13 minutes, but it brilliantly illustrates the communication gap. Emotion over reason, see?

malc d - 2019-07-19 3:31 PM

Brexit voters will be held to account and forced to deliver on promises with no excuses left and no more blame shifting.

IF things do go badly after Brexit I doubt if you will find many people who will admit to voting for it . :-|

Pelmet's already got his defence in, so he's accepted it won't go well! :-D He keeps saying we are heading for a recession anyway.

He doesn't (yet) seem to have realised that adding our own little private UK recession onto a global recession will merely multiply the impact of the global recession for the UK.

We did that to ourselves in the 1980's in pursuit of monetarism, and the impact was dire. In many respects, we haven't ever recovered from that.

Most of the rest of the world recovered far quicker than the UK, because we piled our own recession onto a global downturn that had begun in the 1970's.

The haters just love talking down team UK on top of everything else they cast doom on ... They seem to be permanently in a state of UK bedroom depression ... Now according to one viewer we've never really recovered from the early 80s recession ... Living in leafy East Sussex he needs to head out to some of those areas badly hit by that early 80s recession and take a look ... He'd need to take off off those doom and gloom goggles he wears though

Birdbrain - 2019-07-19 5:08 PM

The haters just love talking down team UK on top of everything else they cast doom on ... They seem to be permanently in a state of UK bedroom depression ... Now according to one viewer we've never really recovered from the early 80s recession ... Living in leafy East Sussex he needs to head out to some of those areas badly hit by that early 80s recession and take a look ... He'd need to take off off those doom and gloom goggles he wears though

If that were true, why is there so much remaining deprivation in those parts of the UK that were de-industrialised during that period? Just look where the main Brexit votes came from, and then look at the history and quality of employment and life in those areas. I think it is you, not me, who needs to sharpen his focus on the areas that have remained deprived for decades, and look at the underlying reasons for that deprivation. It isn't the weather! :-D

IF things do go badly after Brexit I doubt if you will find many people who will admit to voting for it .

This pair won't be able to.....and they don't even live here. Unbelievably there are a few like this pair of bozo's. *-)

Brian Kirby - 2019-07-19 6:06 PM

If that were true, why is there so much remaining deprivation in those parts of the UK that were de-industrialised during that period? Just look where the main Brexit votes came from, and then look at the history and quality of employment and life in those areas. I think it is you, not me, who needs to sharpen his focus on the areas that have remained deprived for decades, and look at the underlying reasons for that deprivation. It isn't the weather! :-D

I believe the suns got your head Brian ... Of course there is still deprivation in some of those areas , you cant undo a lifetime of it in 35 years princess ... Many of those deprived areas in the north look nothing like they did in the early 80s recession with millions and millions pumped into them ... You know leafy East Sussex Brian and I know up ere

Brian Kirby - 2019-07-19 4:03 PM

Just open Tweetie Pie's OP link, and scroll down the responses until you get to the one with LBC's James O'Briens interview. It's here (I hope! :-)) if you can't open Tweetie's link: http://tinyurl.com/y2uhhlhh It works foe me - honest! :-D

It's 13 minutes, but it brilliantly illustrates the communication gap. Emotion over reason, see?

My God....i think that's the worst i've heard yet. Where to even begin on that one? From Tim "Brexit" Wetherspoon making changes she believes we need to leave the EU for, to her losing her job....so other people should too. She'd have a meltdown if she read that Brexit White paper on Brugel, doesn't understand about non-EU migration.....but i was impressed to hear she has 'plans in place' to replace the EU nursing staff who've already left the NHS.

I'll overlook her fish 'n chip paper.....thats too embarrassing. I imagine she's already replaced her lights with gas mantles, bought a 405 line b&w valve telly, and wind up gramophone with half a dozen 78's. :-|

Guest pelmetman

I can guarantee it's going to go badly...........

For Remoaners :D ........

P1010899.JPG.3116b6fda94aa8faec146be97ae26d17.JPG

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2019-07-19 4:23 PM

IF things do go badly after Brexit I doubt if you will find many people who will admit to voting for it . :-|

Pelmet's already got his defence in, so he's accepted it won't go well! :-D He keeps saying we are heading for a recession anyway.

Incorrect ;-) .........I've said you LOSERS will blame the forthcoming GLOBAL recession on Brexit *-) .......

I also happen to think Brexit when it happens will give the UK a Brexit Boost and will probably help the UK have a far shorter recession than Germany, which has only escaped being in recession now by massaging the figures 8-) ......

Better still we may be able to avoid one altogether B-) .........

pelmetman - 2019-07-20 8:28 AM

Brian Kirby - 2019-07-19 4:23 PM

Incorrect ;-) .........I've said you LOSERS will blame the forthcoming GLOBAL recession on Brexit *-) .......

I also happen to think Brexit when it happens will give the UK a Brexit Boost and will probably help the UK have a far shorter recession than Germany, which has only escaped being in recession now by massaging the figures 8-) ......

Better still we may be able to avoid one altogether B-) .........

You think, but most serious businesses and economists think otherwise, and can say why.

As to losers, the most likely outcome is that we all become losers - in which case you may be right, based on the general level of understanding of economics.

But there are enough folk around who realise that adding a Brexit recession to a global recession won't diminish the overall depth of recession the UK will experience, but will increase it.

Birdbrain - 2019-07-19 9:08 PM

I believe the suns got your head Brian ... Of course there is still deprivation in some of those areas , you cant undo a lifetime of it in 35 years princess ... Many of those deprived areas in the north look nothing like they did in the early 80s recession with millions and millions pumped into them ... You know leafy East Sussex Brian and I know up ere

So OK Tweetie, tell me this. If life is so cushy in those areas as a result of the millions spent, why is there still deprivation, and why are the people who live there still disaffected with their quality of life? Where are the good, reliable, well paid jobs in those areas, and why aren't all those deprived, disaffected folk doing them? Something in your rosy analysis doesn't quite add up, does it? Or are all those wonderful improvements just superficial, to fool the complacent into thinking the problems have all been solved? Cracks papered over? Look at the wall, not the wallpaper.

Besides, how and why did deprivation and dead end low paid jobs come to those areas? They weren't so badly off at the beginning of the 70's. Hard, tough, dangerous, dirty work though some of it was, it paid well enough. What happened to all that?

Brian Kirby - 2019-07-20 3:22 PM

Birdbrain - 2019-07-19 9:08 PM

So OK Tweetie, tell me this. If life is so cushy in those areas as a result of the millions spent, why is there still deprivation, and why are the people who live there still disaffected with their quality of life? Where are the good, reliable, well paid jobs in those areas, and why aren't all those deprived, disaffected folk doing them? Something in your rosy analysis doesn't quite add up, does it? Or are all those wonderful improvements just superficial, to fool the complacent into thinking the problems have all been solved? Cracks papered over? Look at the wall, not the wallpaper.

Besides, how and why did deprivation and dead end low paid jobs come to those areas? They weren't so badly off at the beginning of the 70's. Hard, tough, dangerous, dirty work though some of it was, it paid well enough. What happened to all that?

Princess your going all Hollywood again ... "cushy" isnt a description I have used for any of those areas ... Of course some will still be disaffected with the quality of their life regardless of how much is spent or how those areas have changed because thats the nature of folk to never be satisfied isnt it but note I said some unlike you and your "why are the people" because that suggests everyone doesnt it ??? You need to visit some of the towns and cities of the north and see the changes in Liverpool , leeds , Manchester , Hull etc , its difficult I know to comprehend the change as leafy Sussex has always been leafy Sussex but give it a try ... As for the "paid well enough" jobs you need to look at my home town where the dirty mills have all shut and all those supposed well paid jobs have gone to be replaced by shopping centre jobs , industrial parks jobs , university jobs , hospitality etc etc ... Regards

Birdbrain - 2019-07-20 4:04 PM....................note I said some unlike you and your "why are the people" because that suggests everyone doesnt it ???

No, any more than "the people voted to the leave the EU" means that everyone voted, or voted for Brexit. I'm talking about the areas where people are sufficiently dissatisfied with their lives that they voted Brexit in the hope of improving them. They are a majority, are they not. You say you know "up there", so why such widespread dissatisfaction?

You need to visit some of the towns and cities of the north and see the changes in Liverpool , leeds , Manchester , Hull etc , its difficult I know to comprehend the change as leafy Sussex has always been leafy Sussex but give it a try ...

You are assuming I haven't. :-) It's obvious they now look different, but that doesn't explain continuing the dissatisfaction, does it?

As for the "paid well enough" jobs you need to look at my home town where the dirty mills have all shut and all those supposed well paid jobs have gone to be replaced by shopping centre jobs , industrial parks jobs , university jobs , hospitality etc etc ... Regards

So, not so well paid. So is it not, as I said, that the jobs which are available and not fulfilling people's needs? But why is that? It has nothing to do with leafiness, has it?

Archived