It grows when you rub it !!!

Dancer

Had a couple of friends (maybe ex now) round on Saturday, they come out with us regularily in the bus.

We all thought it would be a good idea to spend the day getting the bus (called eeyore, by the way) cleaned for our forthcoming holidays.

New unit to us, this vehicle, had it six months, so, while the girls were shopping and ultimately cleaning the inside, us boys cleaned the outside.

OK with sponge and brush, but the polish was not having any effect.

Yours truly, motor vehicle body shop trained, decided to go over the vehicle with Farecla G3, brilliant stuff but on a 24 foot X 10 foot X 8 foot vehicle??????

Even using a machine buffer it was not easy, I'm sure it was 30 foot long when we finished, certainly felt like it.

To cap it all we were running a dance that night, good job dancing is mainly footwork, the arms could not have coped.

Any road up, eeyore looked wonderful this morning, even in the rain, which just ran off instead of getting it all wet. Good stuff lots of polish and elbow grease.

Get yr sunspecs out when you wave to us in North Yorkshire, second week in May. Us going to be walking next 50 miles of the coast 2 coast,

For Gods sake Dancer, change the title on this thread, the wife saw it and clicked on it with some gusto and now she has added this Farecla G3 stuff to her shopping list, I just hope she did'nt read about the machine buffer :D :D :D

John D.

I've never been one for cleaning vehilces, best I manage is a very occasional trip to car wash, we have a truck cleaning depot down the road, so when I get bigger van thats best chance it gets of being cleaned.

At work we get the odd bit of corroded aly to polish, we give this to 'little ken', he's like one of those duracel rabbits, set him off and he don't stop till it's finished, here's one he did earlier, came back from off of gatwick roof nearly white with corrosion went out gleaming.

comet4.JPG.6417ed53cf363274da70bea28f0f4b42.JPG

Tony Jones - 2007-04-23 9:16 AM

Little Ken is obviously terrific, but did it take him since 1974 (when BOAC ceased to exist)?

Also I'd sack the pilot if I were you.

Tony

It must have been raining when pulled up to terminal and he didn't want to get wet *-)

Archived