It makes me mad when.....

J9withdogs

.......someone in the household buys TV receiving equipment and TV Licensing then bombard you with letters asking whether you have a licence for that address.

Of course we have, why can't they just do a simple search of their records? Why do I have to phone a (not for free) phone number to tell them? >:-)

dont phone em janine send a letter with no stamp on that way they have to pay >:-)

on another take take why shouldnt you have to pay for each tv? if i lived alone with only one telly why should i pay the same amount for a licence as a family with say six tv's (?) :-S

You're right Janine, the Poll Tax system isn't fair is it. I get 25% discount for single occupancy at the moment but my lad will be back from university in June so I will be having to pay the full amount again. He hasn't got a job yet and I don't think he's even sure what he wants to do.

John H - 2008-04-16 12:05 PM

You're right Janine, the Poll Tax system isn't fair is it. I get 25% discount for single occupancy at the moment but my lad will be back from university in June so I will be having to pay the full amount again. He hasn't got a job yet and I don't think he's even sure what he wants to do.

It might be worth you phoning the council and asking the question, John.

I've got a friend whose daughter is on an unpaid training scheme, and they think she might be eligible for a reduction.

omidknight - 2008-04-16 12:46 PM

Read the book "You are what you think" and you will get mad a lot less often *-)

I'm just allergic to brown envelopes dropping through the letter box (lol)

Doesn't it smack of guilty unless you can prove yourself innocent?

J9withdogs - 2008-04-16 1:20 PM

John H - 2008-04-16 12:05 PM

It might be worth you phoning the council and asking the question, John.

I've got a friend whose daughter is on an unpaid training scheme, and they think she might be eligible for a reduction.

Thanks Janine, I'll give it a go B-)

things just out of guarantee break, last month our computer broke after 2 years 3 months two year guarantee.

late in 2005 we had a new kitchen fitted space kitchens £8000 all new fitted appliances. today the oven broke. guess what two year guarantee. phoned them up they washed their hands.

two years really isn't good enough imo

carioca - 2008-04-16 9:37 AM

dont phone em janine send a letter with no stamp on that way they have to pay >:-)

on another take take why shouldnt you have to pay for each tv? if i lived alone with only one telly why should i pay the same amount for a licence as a family with say six tv's (?) :-S

I assume it's because no matter how many tv's you have you only receive the one signal /transmission, and that signal is what you are paying for.

Having to lift my feet when the wife,s hoovering. Whatever happened to good old fashioned courtesy, and is it really asking to much if this sort of thing is done when i,m down the pub.

New socks that don,t last five minutes before getting spuds in the heel. Never used to happen, and only this last year or two i,ve noticed it.

howie - 2008-04-16 6:44 PM

Having to lift my feet when the wife,s hoovering. Whatever happened to good old fashioned courtesy, and is it really asking to much if this sort of thing is done when i,m down the pub.

New socks that don,t last five minutes before getting spuds in the heel. Never used to happen, and only this last year or two i,ve noticed it.

I don't recall ever being in your heel. Howie. I don't think I could stand it down there, my feet are bad enough. 8-) 8-)

I assume it's because no matter how many tv's you have you only receive the one signal /transmission, and that signal is what you are paying for.

so why should I pay for a TV licence when I pay for Sky?? or the other way round? or there must be an argument there some where?

Or is it I'm paying for the privilege of owning a TV!!

I do have a licence but not Sky cos I can't afford both

Questions, questions.. *-)

The latest round of junk mail from the Licencing people is because my son bought a receiver for his laptop.

Their TV advert currently says they have a database with all the addresses (not people) who haven't got a licence.

Why don't they just look at their database instead of sending us letters?

>:-)

Guest Tracker
J9withdogs - 2008-04-18 5:04 PM

Questions, questions.. *-)

The latest round of junk mail from the Licencing people is because my son bought a receiver for his laptop.

Their TV advert currently says they have a database with all the addresses (not people) who haven't got a licence.

Why don't they just look at their database instead of sending us letters?

>:-)

Because it is a government department and they have probably lost the cd with all the data on it!

Archived