It never fails to amaze me

michele

How many people complain about the threads when a ruck is going on .

How many people say they dont like it

How many people say that they are sick of wading through crap

Or how many people just moan .

But has anyone ever noticed the viewing fiqures for these.

It never fails every time :D :D

Michelle - does it really amaze you?

It's basic, wonderfully ironic human nature in action.

It's the rubbernecking at the car-crash scene.

It's the Victorian prim-and-proper polite facade, covering the much deeper basic human instincts to revel in watching (or participating) gory combat.

Of course people will do the usual "it's disgraceful/it's improper" dance. But underneath that, they actually often find it compulsive.

Same as that dire TV show that the judge recently criticised as "bearbaiting" - but which is watched by millions, who enjoy the spectacle.

The fact that it's surrogate combat on the internet makes it much easier for the audience, and also brings out those who wouldn't dare do so at all, or as vigorously in real life, face to face. They/we can lurk in the privacy of their homes and oggle at it, or participate in it as is their/our wont, without the neighbours knowing.

They can have surrogate lives, and alter-egos on the net.

Bottom line - it's fun, and it's intellectually stimulating, but signifies nothing of note.

And remember folks - it ain't real. It's just the internet.

Cheers,

Bruce.

Hymer C 9. - 2007-10-03 9:17 PM

Tomo, what are you after, or are you the cat that has got the cream, *-) :$ Carol.

She's looking over his shoulder at the computer screen!!!

Gotcha Tomo!

(So why did you call her an old bag who can't cook, only three days ago in here??)

OOPS!!!

Sorry, should I not have mentioned that about Mrs Tomo??

B-)

Bruce, you're right about the cooking! But she says where does it say the wife has to be the cook! And to keep it on a motorhoming thread, she don't do emptying of the loo, driving the van, (despite being a good car driver). or tuning in the sattelite dish, or fetching clean water and emptying grey water.

But the things she does do more than make up for these minor flaws!! (lol)

Tomo3090 - 2007-10-07 10:10 AM

Bruce, you're right about the cooking! But she says where does it say the wife has to be the cook! And to keep it on a motorhoming thread, she don't do emptying of the loo, driving the van, (despite being a good car driver). or tuning in the sattelite dish, or fetching clean water and emptying grey water.

But the things she does do more than make up for these minor flaws!! (lol)

I just knew that men must have some uses :D

Enough of Mrs. T! To get back to the thread, when we were in France I went to the Normandy Museum and the Pegasus Memorial. Of course I have heard about D Day and seen the films etc, but to see and hear actual stories of what went on on that day makes me realise how much we owe the people who were fighting.

michele - 2007-10-08 4:11 PM

Tomo,

i didnt realise that was what the thread was about but hey I dont mind I agree . Pegasus bridge D Day landings Arromanche we owe so much to so few.

:D keep up 'chele you're not concentrating. :->

back on the thread - I think - if you don't like the sabre rattling then stick to the other forums - or avoid any postings shown by the sabre rattlers - but it can be off-putting to newbies.

please note that's not you as in 'chele - - should really have said 'one' but that sounds prattish in English - its presumed source the French 'on' has a lot to recommend it

B-)

Archived