It’s a boy

Victor Meldrew

Following her scan my daughter has just informed me that my next grandchild will be a boy, I already have two grand daughters but I’m sure you will all agree that having a grandson is far more preferable.

I shall go to the bank this afternoon to move the money that I had set aside for my grand daughters into an account that only my grandson can access once he reaches puberty.

Quite agree. My Sister has three daughters and one of those has two girls. It really is most depressing.

You can't teach a sissy girl to play football, kayak, and light a campfire. They're just not interested.

Oops....congratulations Victor..bye the bye !

J9withdogs - 2008-11-25 6:25 PM

I'm sure it would matter not a jot if your granddaughters received none of your money.

Women are naturally more capable of making their way in this world than men, without help from anybody! :D

Women wouldn't get far in this world if there weren't any men around to manipulate.

;-) ;-)

ohgrandma - 2008-11-26 1:27 PM

Victor, I love my grandchildren equally, and in return they love me,

And I am sure it will always be that way. Ria. *-)

No one here will believe that you love your grand daughters as much as you love your grandsons – pull the other one!

Besides, I find that if you let one grandchild believe you love them less than another, that child will do it’s best to win your love, thus giving awesome power over that child.

Wind up it may be, but always enjoy Vic's contributions. The response he gets rarely causes real offence and quite often opens up the mind to things we don,t normally think of. Favouritism does exist, especially between grandchildren, and its not a case of not loving any of them any less, but more that you will always take more to one then the other. Don't think this applies to boys/girls though, and rather than cause any discord would always make sure any bequests would be equally shared.

It is possible to rewrite a Will if it is challenged within two years of death so if Victor were to do as he indicates the two granddaughters would find it very easy to obtain their 1/3 (assuming no other beneficiaries) by a Deed of Variation - Also known as a Deed of Family Arrangement as long as they challenged within two years of Victors death.

The Deed of Variation exists because for just such an example as here, where a Will is unfair or drawn up by someone not quite the whole ticket.

Archived