It's at it again!

Guest Frank Wilkinson

Guest Frank Wilkinson

Is anyone else finding this site annoyingly, infuriatingly and frustratingly slow?

I hope that it's not my super new PC!

Guest peter
It's the site, and it's bloody annoying having to wait for every page to load. Still, it's free so can't complain too much. :-D

Guest gootler

Having looked into it there is no indication that the server is running slow. It does slow down slightly during the backup process at night but not enough for you to notice. We will continue to monitor it over the coming weeks though.

Greg

Guest Frank Wilkinson

It's fine now but there is a problem somewhere. Some days ago and this weekend, mainly Sunday, it was taking ages to load a page and only began when I pressed the 'Refresh' icon.

I opened another browser tab and all my other regular sites were as fast as ever.

The only other explanation is the route taken to reach your server, where there may have been a problem. I have had examples where some sites are awful and others normal, which I presume is because some sites go via one routing station and some via others.

Guest Frank Wilkinson

It's really weird. This forum is like lightning now but earlier this evening it was taking ages to load a page. I know it's not my PC as I check other sites in a new window and they're fine.

I suspect that it may not be this site but the feed that some of use, which obviously isn't used by those whose Internet supply goes via a different route.

I'm no expert but I suspect that the web is just like the telephone system in that there are various sub-stations and routing centres around the country and some of us are going through one that's experiencing difficulties.

GJH - 2007-03-05 11:18 PM

twooks - 2007-03-05 9:53 PM

no worries in the East Riding either!!!

B-)

Well, there's a first time for everything then (lol)

Graham

watch it pal, I have useful contacts in your area,

'be afraid, be very afraid'

:-> >:-) :-> >:-)

B-)

twooks - 2007-03-06 11:46 AM

watch it pal, I have useful contacts in your area,

'be afraid, be very afraid'

:-> >:-) :-> >:-)

B-)

Aye - but what you don't know is that I've got friends in the East Riding Family History Society. Touche (lol) (lol)

Graham

There are some rather strange things happening on this site.

Painfully slow this evening on both IE7 and Firefox but worse on Firefox. The Avatars are being displayed much later than the text postings. On some postings the Avatar does not appear at all (well for several minutes after going into a thread).

Anyone else having this problem.

On other forums (even a certain other MH forum) and web searches my system is flying so unlikely to be just me.

Regards,

Mike

Submit of this message took 17 seconds before returning to Thread.

Archived